The 'Great Scenes from Bad CBM's' thread

Anyone saying the Daredevil film (2003) belongs in a thread of 'bad' CBM's, please watch the Director's Cut, it's vastly superior and is like watching a completely different film.

List of movies name dropped here that are nowhere near as bad as you think:
  • The Incredible Hulk (Good)
  • Spider-Man 3 (Good, better than Spider-Man 2)
  • X-Men 3 (Solid)
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (Decent)

Don't fight me, my best reply will be to belch.

Magneto losing his family and Apocalypse commanding the nukes in X-Men: Apocalypse

Knightmare sequence in BVS

Airplane rescue in Superman Returns

Russian fight in The Punisher

Last edited:
The junkyard scene in Superman 3. As much as I dislike the film and the entire franchise, that scene put the focus on the single aspect that the old Superman films had that working for them: Reeve's acting.

Magneto's losing his family and Apocalypse commanding the nukes in X-Men: Apocalypse

Knightmare sequence in BVS

Airplane rescue in Superman Returns

Russian fight in The Punisher

It's funny, I wouldn't consider any of those movies as bad CBMs, but I do agree those scenes are great.

I'll probably be repeating a few.

1) Obviously Wonder Woman's first appearance in BvS when Tina Guo's electric cello starts screaming out, and the theme instantly plays as if it's something we've always known and recognise instead of something that's entirely new.

2) Wonder Woman's bank scene defeating the terrorists in Justice League.

3) Hulk's desert fight against the army in Ang Lee's Hulk, especially where he's swinging the tank. I think that whole battle is probably more interesting than the army battles in The Incredible Hulk.

4) The chase scene between Human Torch and Silver Surfer.

5) Johnny Storm takes on the entire power of the FF to defeat Doom who possesses the power of the Surfer.

6) Ghost Rider's first transformation scene and first ride.

7) Ghost Rider defeats all those elementals

8) Ghost Rider's desert ride with Carter Slade as the original Ghost Rider with the Spyderbait music playing "Ghost Riders in the Sky"

9) Reed Richards uses Johnny's heat powers to seal the London Eye in place as it is about to topple over

10) Iron Man saves all the passengers from the airplane in Iron Man 3

11) Tony remotely clothes Pepper in Iron Man armour to protect her when his mansion is attacked and destroyed in Iron Man 3

12) Hulk's first fight with Thor in The Incredible Hulk Returns

13) First fight between Spidey and Sandman in Spider-Man 3 where Spidey punches through him

14) Black Suit Spider-Man vs Sandman in SM3

15) Spidey and Harry as the New Goblin team up at the end of SM3 - that was like the first team up we had in a Marvel movie.

Kurse Vs Thor was pretty good in TDW, we haven't seen Thor beaten down that heavily in the MCU. Though the opening of IW certainly suggested he had more of a beat down at that point, we just didn't get to see it.

I thought both Ghost Rider movies certainly got the visuals right, it was everything else that was the problem.

Yeah I tried to find a gif of when he got his powers back and took out all the dudes in black robes in a one that bit was awesome.

After seeing what they did with Robbie Reyes on AOS I would love to see them take another crack at Ghost Rider on the big screen.

Yeah I tried to find a gif of when he got his powers back and took out all the dudes in black robes in a one that bit was awesome.

After seeing what they did with Robbie Reyes on AOS I would love to see them take another crack at Ghost Rider on the big screen.

Agreed, he is one of my favourite Marvel characters, really hope he can get his due in a movie at some point.

The first 20 or so minutes of Blade Trinity are legitimately good and set up the conflict really well of the film.....then the movie just plain craps the bed right around the time we're introduced to Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Biel and.....ughhhhh..."Drake."

Snyder's Batman warehouse scene as most people put on here.

Singer's Superman plane rescue

Ratner's Magneto's golden gate bridge moving

SS intro of the characters

For me, that 'status' lays with Superman Returns, whilst not a 'classic', for me it's one I wouldn't categorise belongs in this thread.

In retrospect, I dont think SR is a BAD movie. But i think its undeniable everyone, myself included, was disappointingly bored with the movie when it came out in ‘06. I think its a film that time has been kind to though.

In retrospect, I dont think SR is a BAD movie. But i think its undeniable everyone, myself included, was disappointingly bored with the movie when it came out in ‘06. I think its a film that time has been kind to though.

I absolutely 'loved it' upon release and I think I wasn't aware or saw past it's faults at the time simply to have another Superman film back on the big screen but yes it's faults (in all the areas they exist) are undeniable but as a 40's romance effected Superman film, I still adore it, bar the elements that exist that contribute it not being a great Superman story.

Xavier's death in X-Men: The Last Stand was wonderful... everything in that movie was rushed/truncated but that one scene was done spectacularly.

I absolutely 'loved it' upon release and I think I wasn't aware or saw past it's faults at the time simply to have another Superman film back on the big screen but yes it's faults (in all the areas they exist) are undeniable but as a 40's romance effected Superman film, I still adore it, bar the elements that exist that contribute it not being a great Superman story.

I think at the time fans and audiences wanted a Superman movie with Super action in it. To have the big climactic set piece be him lifting a rock was like...if The Avengers’ big set piece was the helicraft carrier attack sequence and the movie just ended right after that.

I think at the time fans and audiences wanted a Superman movie with Super action in it. To have the big climactic set piece be him lifting a rock was like...if The Avengers’ big set piece was the helicraft carrier attack sequence and the movie just ended right after that.

This is the problem I have with people having a dig at MoS for 'all the action', they bloody request there wasn't enough in SR and then complain when they are given what they wanted in MoS, no pleasing some people.

Xavier's death in X-Men: The Last Stand was wonderful... everything in that movie was rushed/truncated but that one scene was done spectacularly.

I have often said the same. That scene alone is worth seeing the movie for.

I think I've mentioned this before in other threads, but:

When Superman flies up close to the sun to "recharge" his powers in Superman Returns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"