The Greatest Sidekick In Movies

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score
The role of the humble sidekick is often overlooked as little more than a B-Level role compared to that of the star, I mean there is a reason why people want to be Batman and not Robin. But every now and then the supposed "sidekick" is a far better character than ever intended sometimes so much so that their popularity surpasses that of the films leading star.

So with that in mind I thought an interesting topic for debate would be who you all rate as the greatest sidekick in movie history? I have added the option to select 3 characters so we get a gold, silver and bronze medallist.

If I haven't included someone you think should feature just mention in the comments

(ONLY ONE CHARACTER PER FRANCHISE)

Chewbacca

Samwise Gamgee

Donkey (Shrek)

Ron Weasley

Jiminy Cricket

Mini-Me

Genie

Dr. Emmett Brown

Spock

Robin

Dr. Watson

Wilson (Cast Away)

Buzz Lightyear

Gromit

Goose (Top Gun)

Who gets your pick?

Sam, of course, is my top pick, because he’s the most heroic of all of them, and the power of his love and devotion was stronger than evil. After him, Gromit (because I just love Wallace & Gromit) and then Buzz.

Reactions: CJ
Ron and Hermione (I'm not sure why Ron is consistently referred to as a side-kick when she isn't. They were equal side-kicks to Harry)

Samwise and Chewy were great too.

Spock is nobody's side-kick.

Agree. Shatner was deeply threatened during the show by Spock's massI've popularity.

My 3 picks

1. Samwise, no Sam = Sauron wins and no Middle Earth. He's absolutely vital to the story and always has Frodo's back no matter what.

2.Chewbacca, cool enough to have his own show but happy to hang loose with Solo. Plus if you don't vote for him he'll pull your arms off.

3. Dr Watson, the prototype straight man sidekick - always packing heat too and not afraid to mix it up.

Honourable mention to Wilson, who saved Tom Bank's sanity.

Ctspaeo.gif

:o

Genie, Spock and I would say Buzz are not in any way sidekicks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"