Discussion: Guns, The Second Amendment, NRA - Part II

Yeah, the NRA is underestimating the generation of kids who grew up with active shooter drills. That just bypassed my generation, so I have no idea what it must be like.

But based on the March for Our Lives, I have a feeling how they feel politically.

Ladies and gentlemen we have it right here. The truly obtuse.

Having hands now is the same as being armed with a weapon. Because hands can become fists. So saying someone who got shot who had no weapons as unarmed is now somehow mischaracterizing a situation.

That's silly as an opinion and deserves no respect. It shows that no matter how ya cut it people like you and others will always find a way to justify the killing of a teenaged American citizen.

Facts and evidence show Martin was on top of Zimmerman throwing multiple punches to his face, with Zimmerman yelling for help. Eye witness accounts, the abrasions on Martin's knuckles and the way in which Martin was shot confirm this. But your description of Martin, despite his attack on Zimmerman and the clear physical advantage he had, is that he was unarmed. You're technically right, but you're ignoring Martin's actions.

Now what is silly is that you claim this was done in self defense after Zimmerman physically stopped Martin from going home and even accosted Martin without a shred of evidence to back those statements up.

Do you have a legitimate source that says Zimmerman was merely the innocent victim of an unprovoked assault?

You want me to provide a source for a claim I didn't make? :huh:

And 911 told his stupid ass not to instigate anything which is exactly what Zimmerman did.

This is wrong. Zimmerman didn't dial 911, he dialed the police departments non emergency line. The dispatcher asked if Zimmerman was following Martin and when Zimmerman said yes whatt the dispatcher actually told him was, "We don't need you to do that". He was purposely vague for a reason.

Sean Noffke, the dispatcher who was on the phone during Zimmerman's non-emergency call, testified regarding his own statements at that time. Noffke said that when he told Zimmerman "We don't need you to do that," he was making a suggestion, not giving an order. He said that dispatchers do not give orders because of liability issues. During cross-examination, Noffke testified that Zimmerman did not seem angry during the call, and that he wanted the police to come to his location. Noffke also testified that he asked Zimmerman which way Martin was going, and that his question could be interpreted as a request to go and see which way he was going. He clarified his statement that dispatchers do not give orders, but suggestions for the safety of the caller. He testified that Zimmerman's swearing and comments about Martin did not raise any particular concern, but under redirect said that Zimmerman's language could be interpreted as "hostile." The defense then asked if Noffke actually heard hostility, and he said "no". The defense asked about the statements regarding Martin's race and appearance, and Noffke testified that all of the discussion was for the purpose of identification of the suspect, and did not seem unusual.

Sad news as Trainspotting 2 actor Bradley Welsh was shot and killed last night

Guys, y'all cannot outright insult each other. I don't care what they say, there is no excuse. But also at the same time, you guys can have a discussion without being condescending to one another. There is a thing called escalation. If you're being condescending, then it makes people angry. Angry people hurl insults. It's a vicious cycle. You guys need to learn to debate. Condescension doesn't make you seem more intelligent. So point being, stop making the tone of debate in here heated. It serves no one any good.

I am not singling anyone out in this post. I am making this general message because this forum is guilty of this far too often.

Sigh... one position in disagreement is apparently a disqualifier now. While liberals are busy litmus testing their candidates, conservatives got two seats in the Supreme Court, cause they cared more about the promise of results than a few policy and personality disputes. They made a deal with the devil to get what they wanted. Meanwhile, liberals are waiting for the Second Coming in political form, and won't be happy with anything but absolute consistency to every liberal policy. It's pathetic. How about we spend more time building up the candidates we like rather than trashing the candidates we have disagreements with? Might help us to actually put some wins on the board.

It sounds like they're going broke and flailing, trying to blame whoever they can.

They have been trying to go international. I know they were in Australia recently.

Too many shootings to keep track of.

What I find most incredible is that the ghoul, Dana Loesch isn't even an NRA employee.

Here's where your NRA dues go, suckers.

Facts and evidence show Martin was on top of Zimmerman throwing multiple punches to his face, with Zimmerman yelling for help. Eye witness accounts, the abrasions on Martin's knuckles and the way in which Martin was shot confirm this. But your description of Martin, despite his attack on Zimmerman and the clear physical advantage he had, is that he was unarmed. You're technically right, but you're ignoring Martin's actions.

Now what is silly is that you claim this was done in self defense after Zimmerman physically stopped Martin from going home and even accosted Martin without a shred of evidence to back those statements up.

The same facts show that Zimmerman followed Martin for no reason (given that Martin was committing no crime) under Florida law, Martin had a right to self defense with no duty to retreat. on a personal note, I believe that the person who was unarmed and was doing nothing but walking from the store had far more to fear from the armed man who suspected him of I don't know what and kept following him around. that seems pretty nightmarish to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"