The Hallmark Christmas Movie Thread

Walmart is selling the DVDs for Hallmark, but also have the Lifetime Christmas movie collection. My mom would have been all over those.

Walmart is selling the DVDs for Hallmark, but also have the Lifetime Christmas movie collection. My mom would have been all over those.
I've seen a few of the Lifetime movies on sale on Prime Video for $.99. In the past I've bought a few for $1.99. I actually have a bunch of the Hallmark movies on DVD. The thing that aggravates me is a lot of the Hallmark movies I really like and look forward to watching every year don't get a DVD or digital release.

So is this royal from an actual place in Europe that exists? Or is he from the usual "Fictional European Country?"
Nope. Fictional as usual. They won't use a real place otherwise they're restricted in what they can say or do. Fictional gives them more freedom.

I watched the Christmas Getaway starring Bridget Regan which was quite fun.

Also Holiday Hotline starring Emily Tennant was fun.

Watched A Biltmore Christmas with Bethany Joy Lenz and Kristopher Polaha:

This also had Jonathan Frakes and Robert Picardo. It was a time travel story where the main character travels back to 1947 to the golden age of Hollywood.

Was a bit like Quantum Leap where she has to fix something in the past. Was also not at all like the typical Hallmark movie. At first I thought it was even going to end on a downbeat note without a happy ending but should've known they would've had it since that was one of the plotlines of the film.

Last edited:

Should be more like:
Hallmark.jpg

Some of my favourite Hallmark actresses above, not in any particular order:
Lacey Chabert,
Autumn Reeser,
Rachel Boston,
Jessy Schram,
Brooke Nevin,
Bethany Joy Lenz,
Lindy Booth,
Taylor Cole,
Emily Tennant,
Jocelyn Hudon,
Rachel Skarsten,
Merrit Patterson,
Elizabeth Henstridge,
Katarina Bowden,
Jill Wagner,
Danielle Panabaker,
Amy Acker,
Lyndsy Fonseca,
Laura Osnes,
Katrina Law,
Mallory Jansen,
Katie Findlay,
Bridget Regan
Megan Park.

Edit: I've probably forgotten many others.

Last edited:
Watched A Nutcracker Christmas with Amy Acker.

This was pretty good. It's more of a dance movie like Center Stage than a typical Hallmark movie. In fact there are a few non standard anti tropes you don't normally see in a Hallmark film:

For example a fairly major character at the start dies early on in the movie. You don't normally get that, or the person would've died prior to where we join the story.

Also instead of female character leaving the big city for a small town and being persuaded to stay and realising she belongs there, it's the other way round.

And they don't normally show a relationship with an ex and then a breakup. That normally happens before the movie starts and we only see the female running into them when we join the story. This was different here. Plus the first kiss happens in the first half hour of the film and also more than once in the movie rather than only the last 5 or 10 minutes.

And there are a few relatively lengthy dance segments at the end, although there probably could've been even more of the Nutcracker performance.

This one looks like it could be fun...

GA_8bnwXAAEgtsL.jpg:large

Should be more like:
View attachment 74934

Some of my favourite Hallmark actresses above, not in any particular order:
Lacey Chabert,
Autumn Reeser,
Rachel Boston,
Jessy Schram,
Brooke Nevin,
Bethany Joy Lenz,
Lindy Booth,
Taylor Cole,
Emily Tennant,
Jocelyn Hudon,
Rachel Skarsten,
Merrit Patterson,
Elizabeth Henstridge,
Katarina Bowden,
Jill Wagner,
Danielle Panabaker,
Amy Acker,
Lyndsy Fonseca,
Laura Osnes,
Katrina Law,
Mallory Jansen,
Katie Findlay,
Bridget Regan
Megan Park.

Edit: I've probably forgotten many others.
I see nothing here to disagree with. Lol. I really like Jocelyn Hudson and I think she has great facial expressions. I would really like to see her in more stuff.

I see nothing here to disagree with. Lol. I really like Jocelyn Hudson and I think she has great facial expressions. I would really like to see her in more stuff.

She has great everything.

Jocelyn-Hudon-Feet-3964218.jpg

I didn't think her movie Christmas Wedding Planner was very good though. But she should be in more films.

The actresses I don't like watching and find boring are:

Alison Sweeney
Candace Cameron Bure
Ashley Williams
Nikki De Loach
Lori Loughlin

Not that fond of Danica Mckellar
And there are probably others.

Last edited:
Watched A Nutcracker Christmas with Amy Acker.

This was pretty good. It's more of a dance movie like Center Stage than a typical Hallmark movie. In fact there are a few non standard anti tropes you don't normally see in a Hallmark film:

For example a fairly major character at the start dies early on in the movie. You don't normally get that, or the person would've died prior to where we join the story.

Also instead of female character leaving the big city for a small town and being persuaded to stay and realising she belongs there, it's the other way round.

And they don't normally show a relationship with an ex and then a breakup. That normally happens before the movie starts and we only see the female running into them when we join the story. This was different here. Plus the first kiss happens in the first half hour of the film and also more than once in the movie rather than only the last 5 or 10 minutes.

And there are a few relatively lengthy dance segments at the end, although there probably could've been even more of the Nutcracker performance.

I'm sure @Snow Queen has watched this one many times. :o

I'm sure @Snow Queen has watched this one many times. :o

Is Snow Queen a Nutcracker fan?

Tried watching Christmas in Notting Hill. Got about an hour through with about 30 minutes to go but then got bored and turned it off. The main actress Sarah Ramos isn't very interesting to watch. The film was a bit of a copy of Notting Hill.

I watched The Santa Summit

It's pretty good and a refreshing change from the standard Hallmark movie plot and tropes. The romantic leads barely even spend any time together although they are searching for each other for most of the movie.

This CNN video/article says that The Christmas Card (2005) was one of Hallmark’s earliest and most successful movies — and pretty much became the template for all the others. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this flick. But it stars John (Superboy) Newton and co-stars Edward Asner.

(Sorry; link seems to automatically embed. And it may have an ad upfront.)

I watched 'It's a Wonderful Life' for the first time the other day. It was a bit of a struggle to get through. The first hour isn't even a Christmas movie and they really could've cut it down. I think it shouldn't have been made in such a linear and chronological way. They should've started on Christmas Eve with Jimmy Stewart's character on the bridge contemplating suicide, which could've acted as a framing device. That way it would be Christmas Eve right from the start.

Then he should've been arguing back and forth with the angel about the value of his life as the angel took him on a trip of different moments of his life and how he made a difference in people's lives, every now and then returning to the bridge on Christmas Eve. So much of the first hour could've been told in flashback but also cut down so it wasn't so long. Then afterwards it could've pivoted to the alternate reality where George Bailey never existed.

I would've found it more engaging that way than having to sit through a whole hour of story before we get to the main premise of the movie and the crisis, or to anything remotely Christmas.

I watched 'It's a Wonderful Life' for the first time the other day. It was a bit of a struggle to get through. The first hour isn't even a Christmas movie and they really could've cut it down. I think it shouldn't have been made in such a linear and chronological way. They should've started on Christmas Eve with Jimmy Stewart's character on the bridge contemplating suicide, which could've acted as a framing device. That way it would be Christmas Eve right from the start.

Then he should've been arguing back and forth with the angel about the value of his life as the angel took him on a trip of different moments of his life and how he made a difference in people's lives, every now and then returning to the bridge on Christmas Eve. So much of the first hour could've been told in flashback but also cut down so it wasn't so long. Then afterwards it could've pivoted to the alternate reality where George Bailey never existed.

I would've found it more engaging that way than having to sit through a whole hour of story before we get to the main premise of the movie and the crisis, or to anything remotely Christmas.
It’s a Wonder Life contains some obvious allusions to Christmas. But according to Frank Capra, it wasn’t (originally) envisioned as a “Christmas movie,” per se. However, after the film entered copyright limbo in the 1980s, many TV stations began to air it — typically around Christmastime. Thus, in a kind of retroactive fashion, it became a Christmas movie. (Seems reasonable. After all: if Die Hard counts, then surely It’s a Wonderful Life does too. :o)

Watched these two movies which were two of the last Hallmark Christmas movies made this year:

Sealed with a List was about taking new chances in life.

Miracle in Bethlehem, PA was a twist on the Nativity story, starring Laura Vandervoort.

I enjoyed both of these.

I see there's a Jocelyn Hudon Hallmark movie coming on January 27th:

Romance with a Twist:

Hallmark-s-2024-Movie-Lineup-Guide-to-Hallmark-Channel-and-Hallmark-Movies-Mysteries-Films-124.jpg

“Ex-dancer Luna (Hudon) pairs up with Bennett (Renaud), a world-class aerialist, when he finds himself without a partner for his upcoming silks performance for the local arts festival.”

That should be fun.

Watched these two movies which were two of the last Hallmark Christmas movies made this year:

Sealed with a List was about taking new chances in life.

Miracle in Bethlehem, PA was a twist on the Nativity story, starring Laura Vandervoort.

I enjoyed both of these.

Miracle in Bethlehem, PA is probably my favorite Hallmark movie this year. There are at least 10 movies I haven't watched this year. Trying to keep up with watching five different channels became a little overwhelming. I think that's close to 100 movies between all of them.

Miracle in Bethlehem, PA is probably my favorite Hallmark movie this year. There are at least 10 movies I haven't watched this year. Trying to keep up with watching five different channels became a little overwhelming. I think that's close to 100 movies between all of them.

That was one of my favourite too, and probably my favourite of the ones made this year. And I happened to watch it on Christmas Day too so it was entirely fitting. There are still loads from this year I haven't watched as well but some didn't seem all that interesting anyway.

I've found out that Emily Tennant is the voice of Polly Pocket. And she was also in 'Marry me at Christmas' with Rachel Skarsten which I watched last year. But she wasn't the lead role.

Emily Tennant could be in a live action Polly Pocket movie. It could be like Ant-Man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"