The Hallmark movies and mysteries thread

Dark Raven

It's not about what you deserve...
Reaction score
I thought I'd start up a Hallmark movies and mysteries thread for non Hallmark Christmas movies and non Hallmark romance movies. I needed something to help me transition back from Christmas movies into regular TV now that the Christmas season is over.

I watched "the Crossword Mysteries: a puzzle to die for" starring Lacey Chabert as a Crossword Editor who helps solve crimes and Brennan Elliott as the New York Detective who doesn't like her interfering with the case:

It's a little like "Castle" except with the roles reversed. I think they could've cut these down to 43 minutes like a regular episode instead of 90 minutes but I suppose since it is a series of TV movies it couldn't be that short.

Last edited:
So I watched the second in this series of Crossword Mysteries: proposing murder.

It's a nice little series but sometimes a little light and could be edgier with more action. I suppose given that it's Hallmark though I shouldn't expect more. I think this could've been a regular TV series without being feature length episodes. Not so much of her crossword skills in this episode but realistically how could they keep that up? It just shows more of her general intelligence and ability to crack codes and being perceptive.

Lacey Chabert is great to watch as always. She sometimes reminds me of a girl I used to have a crush on though, but only looks-wise. Lacey has a better personality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"