The Halloween Film Series Thread... - Part 4

On its own, I see a terrific work of art. When I scroll down to make the lower half visible it looks like a mountain in a desert, even with the pocket, that makes it doubly beautiful to me.

I'm not Kane, but hold on a while.

Thanks for hooking me up... been skimming through quick after work, so used to Kane supplying.

Thanks for hooking me up... been skimming through quick after work, so used to Kane supplying.
Here is one I made sure to include as much of her as possible, another one is stretched to make it the 100x100 dimension.

tumblr_pa17dpDoyM1tbealgo5_r1_100.gif
-
tumblr_pa17dpDoyM1tbealgo6_r1_100.gif

I hope it's good and satisfying, I'm willing to fix if it's not.

It looks pretty promising as far delivering sharp scares. So glad that the mystery aspect of Michael is back. Very much looking forward to this scary ride! October is looking quite nifty with this and Venom.

Here is one I made sure to include as much of her as possible, another one is stretched to make it the 100x100 dimension.

tumblr_pa17dpDoyM1tbealgo5_r1_100.gif
-
tumblr_pa17dpDoyM1tbealgo6_r1_100.gif

I hope it's good and satisfying, I'm willing to fix if it's not.

Gorgeous.

"Hey I know lets go mess with the psychopath who murdered a bunch of people for no reason"
"Sure that sounds like a great idea"
:dry:

But as someone who isn't a fan of horror this looks really really well made. Very unsettling. Very competently shot. At least from the trailer people don't look stupid

Will I man up and see this in the theater? I'll have to play it by ear. But I don't want to scream in the theater.

But yeah really well done looking

I finally remembered what I wanted to say for a while now:
Its been stated in an interview that Carpenter wants this to be the final Halloween film, or at least the finale to Laurie/Michael. Overall, I really can say Carpenter is very naive, and making the wrong decision here.

Halloween is a guaranteed franchise, you know what that means? If it bombs, there's gonna be another one. Sequel or not, there will be more. Carpenter's words are just that naive, and because of that, I really wish they took advantage of that and decide to make more films: two films back to back, or make a trilogy. And here's where me wanting to become a script writer comes in, because even I could come up with ideas for those films that reflect on Carpenter's intentions, as well as his original ideas that are still good today, and would fit this series.

Now in a recent interview, they wanted to make two films back to back, but focused on just one. I really wish they stuck with that idea. I don't know if there are still planning a follow up, and maybe that Carpenter interview was old and now he changed his mind. The other thing is that I wonder if there will be more, but he wants to pull a Halloween III redux without Michael. If so, sorry John, but III was bad and Michael Myers is the franchise.

Now I, like we, don't know if there are any follow up plans, nor what ideas they have to continue the story; I just wish they choose better decisions, and whether this film succeeds or not (looks like it will), there will be more. We all know this.

Now that I said that, there's a part of me now that wishes they didn't make this movie, and instead went back and green lit the 2012 proposed reboot.

There didn't need to be more than one film about Myers, much less 10.

Season of the Witch is great and we'd have been better off with a long running anthology series.

As for Capenter, he's happy with anything that lets money fall into his wallet. I can more or less respect how open he is about that.

Looks like Death Waltz will release more soundtracks on vinyl. Sneak peek from their Instagram, art by Randy Ortiz:

kl4HjRw.jpg

Last edited:
Drumdumz in his reaction video said that he wants there to be a trilogy and I’d be down for that.

Also McBride said that originally they wanted to pitch two movies but they said they didn’t want to get ahead of themselves but he hopes they get to do another one. So no way is this going even intended to be the last one.

Halloweenies Podcast has a trailer review up already.

The only part I have trouble with is this scene:

vlcsnap-2018-06-08-13h04m14s916.png

Whoever is in charge of that prison should be fired. And the guy with the bright idea of bringing the mask to Michael needs an aluminum bat to the knee caps. Idiots.

I suggested this and got shot down, stick with the notion of people do stupid things in horror films and you'll be fine in this thread.

Whoever is in charge of that prison should be fired. And the guy with the bright idea of bringing the mask to Michael needs an aluminum bat to the knee caps. Idiots.

That's the equivalent of bringing Hannibal Lecter the Blu-ray for Cannibal Holocaust. You're just asking for trouble with that one.

Loved the trailer. Hope to see more Michael avatar gifs soon...
Also, which shot can you spot the knitting needle hole?

Loved the trailer. Hope to see more Michael avatar gifs soon...
Also, which shot can you spot the knitting needle hole?

At about the 2:20 mark, when Michael turns his head to the right.

Drumdumz in his reaction video said that he wants there to be a trilogy and I’d be down for that.

Also McBride said that originally they wanted to pitch two movies but they said they didn’t want to get ahead of themselves but he hopes they get to do another one. So no way is this going even intended to be the last one.
if the same team is involved, and if the ending makes sense enough for a sequel to take a realistic route, then id be super happy with another sequel right after this one. If however this film ends a note that fea conclusive, then i think they should wait a while.

Looks like Death Waltz will release more soundtracks on vinyl. Sneak peek from their Instagram, art by Randy Ortiz:

kl4HjRw.jpg

Yes! Halloween 6 Curse of Michael Myers getting some love...hope it includes Producers Cut score more than theatrical or at least a mix of both...

There didn't need to be more than one film about Myers, much less 10.

Season of the Witch is great and we'd have been better off with a long running anthology series.

I can agree with multiple films, but if controlled, like a duology or trilogy, it preserves the specialness and makes you know and plan ahead what to do. Like look at Nightmare on Elm Street; out of the seven films, three of them are good: 1, 3, and 7. If the Freddy series was a trilogy of those films, we wouldn't get 2, 4-6, especially 6, for good reasons.

So if they decided to do 2 or 3 films here, I think it would've been a better idea.

And look, I tried, several times, to watch HIII, but no luck. Its not a good movie. Not against the anthology idea, yet if that went forward with III, or even II, we wouldn't have gotten what we did get for better or worse with these films.

And again, really would like to have seen the 2012 reboot that doesn't remake, or directly continues after the original 1-2, but restarts like an actual reboot.

I can agree with multiple films, but if controlled, like a duology or trilogy, it preserves the specialness and makes you know and plan ahead what to do. Like look at Nightmare on Elm Street; out of the seven films, three of them are good: 1, 3, and 7. If the Freddy series was a trilogy of those films, we wouldn't get 2, 4-6, especially 6, for good reasons.

So if they decided to do 2 or 3 films here, I think it would've been a better idea.

And look, I tried, several times, to watch HIII, but no luck. Its not a good movie. Not against the anthology idea, yet if that went forward with III, or even II, we wouldn't have gotten what we did get for better or worse with these films.

And again, really would like to have seen the 2012 reboot that doesn't remake, or directly continues after the original 1-2, but restarts like an actual reboot.

Obviously its all opinion, but I personally enjoy Nightmare 4 more than the rest of the Elm Streets...but the Nancy trilogy is the "best made" but I have more fun with NOES4...and Freddy's Dead is so over the top but its fun...the deaf kill is priceless

Its the same thing with the Jamie/Thorn trilogy of Halloween 4 - 6....4 is a fantastic sequel...5 not a great movie but has the best Loomis quotes and scenes, and 6 Producers Cut is a blast but 6 theatrical not so much....

Personally I feel like part 5 had the worst characterization of Loomis up until Zombie's H2 (even Donald Pleasance himself didn't like how Loomis was written in Part 5). And while the Producer's Cut of Halloween 6 may be a more coherent film than the theatrical one, it's still a garbage film imo.

Personally I feel like part 5 had the worst characterization of Loomis up until Zombie's H2 (even Donald Pleasance himself didn't like how Loomis was written in Part 5). And while the Producer's Cut of Halloween 6 may be a more coherent film than the theatrical one, it's still a garbage film imo.

Yeah I agree with most of that, I do actually like the theatrical cut of H6 but agree the PC is garbage.

I’ve seen a few people say they have a problem with that.

I just see it as a documentary crew doing something stupid to spice things up.
Trying to elicit some sort of reaction from a man that’s basically been a statue for 40 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"