The Halloween Film Series Thread... - Part 4

C9jpXB0.png

You can tell this movie was made with real passion when they do little details like that.

This trailer for the upcoming reboot of Halloween looks fantastic because it shows how terrifying the character Michael Myers is. I definitely can't wait until October 19th.

I'm really trying to temper my expectations, but it looks good. Michael being almost 70 doesn't really hurt it as bad as I thought it would.

Personally I feel like part 5 had the worst characterization of Loomis up until Zombie's H2 (even Donald Pleasance himself didn't like how Loomis was written in Part 5). And while the Producer's Cut of Halloween 6 may be a more coherent film than the theatrical one, it's still a garbage film imo.

So, the Cult of Thorn thing didn't get ya, ok. Still, I don't get people who call Michael the Shape, or "A Force of nature", but want him to be a regular person. So bland, can tell these people didn't grow up when Slasher films were King.

It's funny to remember the opening of H20 and the younger detective saying they should be looking for someone with a cane and Alzheimer's. Obviously they aren't canon, but Michael might as well have said "Alright, I'll catch up to you in another 20 years, b****!"

I'm really trying to temper my expectations, but it looks good. Michael being almost 70 doesn't really hurt it as bad as I thought it would.

Actually he'll be 61 in this movie, not almost 70. He was 21 in the original and this is 40 years later.

Wait, this is being released through Universal! Universal is releasing Jurassic World 2 soon...

Will this be attached? I wonder if anyone will report what the audience thinks.

Other than "another Halloween?!" lol

So, in this movie, what relation is laurie strode then to michael?

Just a girl he tried to kill 40 years ago.

It's kind of crazy that this is one of the few franchises that came back after being officially rebooted.

I'm kind of surprised that the studio hasnt tried to release all the different continuities in a set yet.

THis has me itching for a Nightmare on Elm Street revival.

Hasn't Robert Englund said he's done with Freddy?

Hasn't Robert Englund said he's done with Freddy?

He has but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t make more. They just need to find the right actor. England always said that one day he thought Freddy would be like Dracula and that many actors would play the part. I think he needs a little bit of a reinvention.

He has but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t make more. They just need to find the right actor. England always said that one day he thought Freddy would be like Dracula and that many actors would play the part. I think he needs a little bit of a reinvention.

I'd be up for them giving Haley another shot personally, I think he has a lot of potential that the remake didn't let him really show, I thought he did a great job with what they did give him. I do see how it might be better though to completely wipe the slate clean with a new actor.

It's kind of crazy that this is one of the few franchises that came back after being officially rebooted.

I'm not that surprised considering the reboot was a stinking pile of poop, and put the franchise in the longest limbo period its ever been in. After that they needed something really special to get the franchise back on its feet.

Is JLC the first actor to reprise a role but in a reboot, considering this and H20 are two different timelines...? Yeah, we have Connery in Never Say Never Again. But, this feels even more monumental on a canon/continuity film scale.

Is JLC the first actor to reprise a role but in a reboot, considering this and H20 are two different timelines...? Yeah, we have Connery in Never Say Never Again. But, this feels even more monumental on a canon/continuity film scale.

Leonard Nimoy as Spock in the Star Trek reboot was a pretty huge deal. And also in the Bond franchise there was Judi Dench as M when they rebooted with Craig. It is great to have Curtis back though, funny how she's now been in two different Halloween reboots that ignore most/all of the sequels.

I'd be up for them giving Haley another shot personally, I think he has a lot of potential that the remake didn't let him really show, I thought he did a great job with what they did give him. I do see how it might be better though to completely wipe the slate clean with a new actor.

I think the Haley boat has sailed. I don’t think he was right personally. If I were to reboot now I’d definitely find a lanky actor, someone who could move a bit more creepily. I’d also take a boat out of the original and keep his full on appearances less frequent and not have him saying puns every time he kills someone.

I'm not that surprised considering the reboot was a stinking pile of poop, and put the franchise in the longest limbo period its ever been in. After that they needed something really special to get the franchise back on its feet.

Definitely, Zombie was supposed to bring the franchise back from the dead after Resurrection but all he did was pile more dirt over the coffin. I think the current approach to this movie seems like the best way to go. Like you said it had to be something special they couldn’t just do another remake.

Last edited:
You know who I've actually thought about for a new Freddy Krueger?

tumblr_omgd56ek0R1v8l6fno1_500.png

You know who I've actually thought about for a new Freddy Krueger?

tumblr_omgd56ek0R1v8l6fno1_500.png

I just do t see Aaron Paul as that guy. I always felt Robert Kneaper would be A interesting Freddy Kruger but he’s probably to old now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"