The Harley Quinn News and Discussion Thread

Yeah after Caped Crusader being shelved (I guess?), I don't have high hopes for this getting another season.

Yeah after Caped Crusader being shelved (I guess?), I don't have high hopes for this getting another season.

Yeah... even though season 4 is in production right now, I can't say I'm too confidant. Would Zaslav sleep at night knowing a female centered, LGBTQ+ show airing on his ''male skewing, appointment viewing'' new streaming service?

"Congrats on escaping hetero-bad place"

Happy to see Dr. Harleen again. A little weird with them keeping most of the cast separate this season. Sad droopy Bruce is fun.

I laughed when they removed Ocean Master's helmet.

Some thoughts on this episode/season:

It does feel like a step down from the more focused narrative of the first two seasons. The characterization of Batman/Bruce Wayne especially feels off this season. Bader's performance worked best when he was the straight man reacting to the craziness around him. Keeping that stoic Brave & the Bold cadence while occasionally saying outlandish things was part of the appeal. Now he's a needy man-child who whines and is often just as wacky as any number of extreme characters on the show. Too much of a 180 for me.

Plus, I don't believe Selina would just leave Bruce with Harley & Ivy to be tortured (or worse). It felt weird.

Also, Batgirl is just dandy with Harley killing The Mad Hatter? I get that its a comedy show, but some parts aren't working for me this year. We are on episode 7 of 10 and I feel like the plot has barely moved.

Last edited:
I have to watch this week's episode with the Mad Hatter, but I do agree that the writers on this show have Bruce & Selina's relationship twisted.

I mean, yeah? I think its been clear since season 2 that this Bruce is more Lego Batman than TAS Batman. And I don't know what the issue is, with the Selena as presented in this show, having issues being in a committed relationship.

"I'll have the fish"

God, it took all the great things about Lego Batman, and just cranked it up. The heavy references to the animated series skyline was great as well.

Good to see Harley being competent psychiatrist. And nice seeing Ivy being the overprotective girlfriend for once. Added some nice balance to how their relationship has been portrayed.

"Honestly, I learned more from [Frasier] than I did in med school"

"Good news, we can add the mustached in post"

Such a great show.

As someone who grew up on BTAS and loves to death to this very day I couldn't be happier with this episode and them pretty much taking the piss out of it in the best way possible. I loved all the references including the ones we got for Adam West's Batman and Batman Returns which I almost missed on my first watch.

"I'll have the fish"

God, it took all the great things about Lego Batman, and just cranked it up. The heavy references to the animated series skyline was great as well.

Good to see Harley being competent psychiatrist. And nice seeing Ivy being the overprotective girlfriend for once. Added some nice balance to how their relationship has been portrayed.

"Honestly, I learned more from [Frasier] than I did in med school"

"Good news, we can add the mustached in post"

Such a great show.
Nice reference there, show. :funny:

My inner therapist appreciates the Dr. Quinzel moments.

"He's never going to say he loves you, dude."

damn-ice-cube.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"