The Harley Quinn News and Discussion Thread

Ivy would certainly return. Most likely in the 2nd season.

This series is basically what the Birds of Prey movie should've been.
While the series is good/great, Birds of Prey was great as it was. If it was like this series, then we’d get what happened with Suicide Squad: Waaaaay too many characters to introduce.

While the series is good/great, Birds of Prey was great as it was. If it was like this series, then we’d get what happened with Suicide Squad: Waaaaay too many characters to introduce.

I don't mean it should've been exactly like the series, but maybe you could do the the stuff with Ivy, Joker, Kiteman, a Batman cameo perhaps. (Or a different hero) You could leave out Harley' s crew.

I do have to say that I didn't really like Birds of Prey, so I'm a bit biased

I don't mean it should've been exactly like the series, but maybe you could do the the stuff with Ivy, Joker, Kiteman, a Batman cameo perhaps. (Or a different hero) You could leave out Harley' s crew.

I do have to say that I didn't really like Birds of Prey, so I'm a bit biased
I personally think the way to go next is make a Harley and Ivy film and make it about them running from the cops while trying to save the earth. It creates a nice “bad people doing good things” which creates the whole idea of “who’s the bad guy?”

I'm guessing they had 26 episodes in the can some time ago, because that's crazy turnaround on a new season for an animated show.

Good news. I'm interested in seeing where the zaniness goes in S2,

Loved this series, the way it ended has really set up some interesting developments for the second series.

I guess the Joker can now hide in plain sight

If they do a third season, I wonder if they'll introduce the Suicide Squad for an episode... a way to tie in with the new movie.

The ending is forking insane. J straight up murdering S. Highlight of the episode.

I'm guessing they had 26 episodes in the can some time ago, because that's crazy turnaround on a new season for an animated show.

Good news. I'm interested in seeing where the zaniness goes in S2,

That they did. They ordered 26 episodes in total and then decided to break it up into "2" seasons.

Hope they renew it beyond the 26. Great show

This show is a breath of fresh air and it also has my favourite version of Poison Ivy. Harley Quinn is a lot of fun and hopefully they will have Harley date Ivy in at least season 3.

How are they gonna pull off Ivy breaking up with Kite Man while being hilarious and sad at the same time? :(

Finally got around to finishing this season, and what a delight! I've always hated Harley as a character, and yet in the last couple months I've seen two properties with her in the lead that have won me over. She and Ivy need to end up together in this show, though, for real. I know both DC and Marvel are generally pretty trigger-shy about explicitly making their established on-screen lead characters gay/bi for some reason, but with the general "f*** the rules" attitude this show already has, they've really got no excuse here.

The ending of this season was wild and I honestly can't wait to see what they do next. I'm grateful they made so many episodes to begin with so the wait for S2 will be so short.

I’m happy to hear that Catwoman will be a recurring character in the season and not a one off.

Finally got around to finishing this season, and what a delight! I've always hated Harley as a character, and yet in the last couple months I've seen two properties with her in the lead that have won me over. She and Ivy need to end up together in this show, though, for real. I know both DC and Marvel are generally pretty trigger-shy about explicitly making their established on-screen lead characters gay/bi for some reason, but with the general "f*** the rules" attitude this show already has, they've really got no excuse here.

The ending of this season was wild and I honestly can't wait to see what they do next. I'm grateful they made so many episodes to begin with so the wait for S2 will be so short.
The show-runner teased Ivy/Harley being a thing in season 2 on a reddit Q&A recently

With your well documented Harley-hate, if you like it, I’m in! :cwink: :up:

So I've watched all episodes now, and gotta say I highly enjoyed this. The excess of f-bombs and gore that appeared in the first episodes would've taken me away from this (since it just felt ridiculous), if I hadn't read here that they really tone that down further on which was a good choice. The cast is great, and it genuinely feels like they had a blast voicing these characters.

Cuoco did a solid job as Harley IMO, and Bell gave Ivy a great character as well. But I think everyone did a great job here. You kinda expect someone like Alan Tudyk to deliver, but unexpected actors like Jason Alexander or Christopher Meloni (as a quite hilarious Gordon) were great fun as well. And not to forget Wanda Sykes etc.

Making classic DC villians like Clayface and King Shark entertaining fun characters without being annoying comic reliefs is quite an achievement IMO. Looking forward to season two, and glad that it comes out quite soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"