• Rings of Power

Fantasy TV is now The Lord of the Rings!

• We're moving

Heroes are moving to the Movies sections!

The Dark Knight Rises The Heroes of the Trilogy-Who Was your Favorite and why?

The Batman

The Dark Knight
Reaction score
Basically a heroes version of the Villains thread. As Bats himself says "A Hero can be anyone", and there a few in the Nolan trilogy, even if they don't wear masks

Batman. Lol. Second? I'd say Catwoman, followed by Folley.

Batman/Bruce Wayne - For obvious reasons. All he did for Gotham's good. From donating money to orphanages and supporting Dent as Bruce to taking the fall for Dent's crimes as Batman.
Gordon - The lone good Cop in a sea of dirty Cops. The one man who believed in Batman more than anyone else. His unwavering support to Batman's crusade was the best. He believed in Batman more than Alfred did sad to say.
Catwoman - I loved how Batman brought out the real humanity in her. Even when she says "I'm sorry to keep letting you down", I knew she'd come good.

I really liked Dent. He did have Gotham's best intentions at heart before things went to hell for him.

Last edited:
Batman
Gordon
Catwoman

I really liked Dent. He did have Gotham's best intentions at heart before things went to hell for him.

What made Dent's fall so compelling is that he was a genuine dude, with good intentions. He just wasn't as strong as Batman, and fell into the dark abyss of evil. Eckhart was a boss in TDK.

Favorite hero is obviously Batman/Bruce Wayne. His arc was just brilliant from beginning, middle and the end.

Next would be Jim Gordon. It was cool how he was the "everyman" type character, stuck in between the madness of Batman's rouges gallery and the uncompromising altruism of Batman himself.

John Blake. Bias. Orphan/adoptee here. I just related to him with everything. Wearing masks and understanding superheroes who do because of that. Championing Batman as the "orphaned hero" similarly. Partly want to become a cop, but also a screenwriter - second goal for profession. AND is involved with the local orphanage - where the money I do get (still building upon everything) will mainly go. So a kick ass orphan superhero that I could relate to that much? It was beyond words amazingly awesome.

Bruce/Batman
Gordon
Catwoman

Have to go with Bruce. This is the first time he's actually been likable, oddly enough. Blake was also pretty likable, and of course how can we not appreciate how great Gordon, Fox and Alfred were? Thinking back...there really were a lot of great heroes in these films. Dent was great, too.

Anytime Bruce is in a poll i'm going to vote for him lol. This one time i'll pretend he's not an option, and so i'll vote for Blake.

Batman... Duh. TBH, you should have left him out of the poll.

Batman... Duh. TBH, you should have left him out of the poll.

Uh...no.

This poll is for best hero.

Since Batman is a hero, that would include Batman.

Not everyone would necessarily believe that Batman is the best hero in this trilogy.

So all these "Duh" posts are really useless. Its called differing opinions, folks.

Did I say everyone was going to vote for Batman? No, not at all. However, Batman will likely dominate the poll by removing him one could see who is regarded as the 2nd favorite of the heroes.

Alfred!!!! He saved Bats/Bruce on several occassions, stiched him up after fights and gave him the pep talks he needed to hear!!! Without Alfred there is no Batman OR Bruce Wayne!!

Did I say everyone was going to vote for Batman? No, not at all. However, Batman will likely dominate the poll by removing him one could see who is regarded as the 2nd favorite of the heroes.

Of course, we could find out 2nd favorite by leaving the thread as is.

Who in their right mind would vote for Rachel?

I'm not picking Bruce because he's the obvious choice and should always be number one. But other than Bruce, I'm going with Jim Gordon. Dude was the unsung hero of the trilogy. Pretty much unshakeable in his stance on clean justice (other than the Dent cover-up).

1. Batman
2. Gordon
3. Catwoman
4. Alfred
5. Blake
6. Dent
7. Fox

Batman (obvious)

Dent (He was the one of the biggest reason how they were able to stop crime in TDK& begining of TDKR.. Killed 5 but they were guilty and he was insane at that time)

Gordon (Even though i find Gordon most sympathetic one, i consider him after Dent)

Blake (he had great courage even he was alone at some point in the movie)

Rachel (Not likable, but she was the idealist one even before Bruce become an idealist)

What was heroic about Foley? :yay:

He left Gordon in sewers. Hide at home. Didn't listen Gordon. Finally come back when other police members were prepared to war.

Torn between Gordon, for Gary Oldman's chameleonic performance and the fact that he's remained clean during his years in the GCPD, and Batman for obvious reasons.

Bane was my favorite hero of the trilogy. And if you disagree, well then I guess that's IYHO.

By trying to complete Ra's work and for saving Talia from death, I feel that he was a hero. Anyone who helps a small child escape certain death and escape from a pit of a prison is a hero in my eyes. PERIOD.

And even if you disagree with what he did later with his life, look at Harvey Dent. He turned evil too. Yet there's no Bane option to choose despite his heroism.

HE HAD TO WEAR A PERMANENT BREATHING TREATMENT BECAUSE HE SAVED A LITTLE GIRL! That, my friends is a hero.

Bane was my favorite hero of the trilogy. And if you disagree, well then I guess that's IYHO.

By trying to complete Ra's work and for saving Talia from death, I feel that he was a hero. Anyone who helps a small child escape certain death and escape from a pit of a prison is a hero in my eyes. PERIOD.

And even if you disagree with what he did later with his life, look at Harvey Dent. He turned evil too. Yet there's no Bane option to choose despite his heroism.

HE HAD TO WEAR A PERMANENT BREATHING TREATMENT BECAUSE HE SAVED A LITTLE GIRL! That, my friends is a hero.

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cap2024
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"