The High-Def Thread, Now With 95% Less HD DVD

Discussion in 'The Cutting Room Floor' started by War Party, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Team Andino The Paragon of Virtue

Was there ever an extended cut or are you just hoping they made one for this box set release?

2. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Back in 2006, Singer did mention something, there are a ton of deleted scene's on the disc, not to mention the Return To Krypton scene which cost $10 million, surely we are going to see that one day? So it was more hope than anything to answer your question.

3. Team Andino The Paragon of Virtue

Ah gotcha, it would be nice to be able to check that out in its completion. Besides the Blu-Ray disc has enough space to hold both versions if they really wanted. Why not give it to us if they took the time to upgrade HD versions of SM 3&4?

4. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Exactly, I cant see them keeping a $10 million scene under wraps forever as well, surely they have to let us see it some time, why not now?

5. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Well, they did pay Cage something like $5 million to play Superman, and I doubt we'll ever actually see that :p

6. RedIsNotBlue Agree to disagree

Gotta love those pay or play contracts. :cwink:

But we did see some of the pre-production photos for Superman Lives and a mold of Cage in the Superman suit. I also like that Nic Cage made more than Brandon Routh without having to do ****....haha.

7. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Yes but I am talking about a whole scene here, not some actor who was payed but didnt actually play the character!

8. Yodaman Legend

Sorry for to derail the Superman discussion, but does anyone know if there are plans for blu-ray releases of the Scream movies before Scream 4 comes out?

9. imdaly - Part 12

I haven't heard any plans, though I wouldn't be shocked to hear of a trilogy boxed set coming out this year either when the new movie hits theaters or when it hits video.

10. RedIsNotBlue Agree to disagree

If you are desperate you can actually get the Scream trilogy right now on Blu-ray. It was released in Canada. http://www.amazon.ca/Scream-Franchise-Collection-Blu-ray/dp/B003SXHZH2/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

BUT...there is a catch. The transfers are only 1080i not 1080p and I am pretty sure it is lacking in the extras department. But I am sure a definitive release will happen around the time Scream 4 hits theaters or Blu-ray itself.

11. RedIsNotBlue Agree to disagree

Blue Velvet Deleted Scenes Found, Soon on Blu-ray
    During a recent radio interview, David Lynch revealed that the deleted scenes from his 1986 masterpiece Blue Velvet, which for a long time were thought to be lost forever, had recently been found "somewhere up in Seattle." Lynch said that "hopefully" some of those scenes will end up in an upcoming Blu-ray (although he also noted that some of them "aren't worth putting back together"). It will also feature a brand-new 5.1 mix supervised by Lynch and his sound engineer Dean Hurley.

As explained on the Blue Velvet special edition DVD released in 2002, the original cut of the film as assembled by Lynch had a running length of around four movies. However, his contract with producer Dino De Laurentiis obligated Lynch to deliver a two-hour movie so he had to perform extensive cuts, deleting whole scenes and subplots.

During the interview, Lynch said that he had been seeking out all that deleted material, "because some of these scenes on their own would be beautiful to see again." However, he found out that De Laurentiis's company had been sold to other companies and neither the producer (who passed away in November 2010) nor anybody else knew where the unused and deleted footage was. So it is a stroke of luck that such a treasure trove has been unearthed.

At the moment, Blue Velvet is still unannounced on Blu-ray in the US; it is coming out in France on February 16.

Trio of Lionsgate Blu-ray Titles Exclusively at Best Buy
    On February 1, Best Buy will offer exclusively three Blu-ray titles from the Lionsgate catalog: the Oscar-winning documentary The Cove (Louie Psihoyos, 2009); The Rules of Attraction (Roger Avary, 2002); and Still WaitingÂ… (Jeff Balis, 2009). Disc details and the length of this exclusivity period have not been disclosed.

12. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Oh man, I hope Blue Velvet and all that additional footage hits in the States eventually.

13. RedIsNotBlue Agree to disagree

I am just so surprised that David Lynch, an American director, is getting a lot of his stuff released on Blu-ray overseas but in the US all we have from him is Dune.

14. Ipodman Love Tension

Scream's not on Blu yet!? :cmad: Maybe they are waiting to do a 4-movie boxset... collectors are used to waiting anyway :dry:

Disney is probably gonna release the Blu-ray of Tron and Tron Legacy together too...

15. RedIsNotBlue Agree to disagree

Well like I said the Scream trilogy is available...just only in Canada but the US release will probably be superior.

And it has already been confirmed Tron is coming to Blu-ray and the only logical date it would come out is when Tron Legacy does.

16. Ipodman Love Tension

I admit I have never watched either Tron, so I'm eagerly waiting for both on Blu... I saw a cover art for the original Tron somewhere on the internets, not sure if it was legit or just fanart

17. RedIsNotBlue Agree to disagree

The upcoming Tron Blu-ray release is a major one and is going to be a pretty decent seller aside from the fact that people are gonna wanna pick it up when they pick up Tron Legacy because any DVD version of Tron is surprisingly hard to find for a reasonable price and the Blu-ray version is supposed to be coming with a DVD copy as well. Don't believe me go look on Amazon.com. I think the cheapest version of a Tron DVD on there right now is $58 and that is for a USED copy.

18. ttotheusher In the Palais

It's a tactic that a lot of studios do if they know they've got a major Blu-Ray release, they pull all copies from the shelf, 'putting it in the vault' as it were. It helps build a need for it, plus in Tron's case, I read somewhere that Disney were nervous that the original film would put newer viewers off watching Legacy.

19. Tron Bonne All Ass, No Sass

Yeah, it is kind of strange, but I think he's generally always been more appreciated in some oversea markets. I'm pretty sure the French love the hell out of him. I do want my Lynchy in HD, though :(

20. imdaly - Part 12

I'm still waiting for a proper release of "Spider-Man", "Spider-Man 2", and the 3 "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" movies...

21. RedIsNotBlue Agree to disagree

Well if you are desperate you could import The Elephant Man...it is Region Free. I have contemplated it myself...review here.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film2/DVDReviews48/elephant_man_blu-ray.htm

The Lost Highway Blu-ray is Region B locked.

Mullholland Dr. is Region B locked.

Inland Empire is Region B locked.

Wild at Heart is Region Free...review here.

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDCompare7/wildatheart.htm

Twin Peaks- Fire Walk With Me is Region B locked.

22. Downhere Jeremiah 33:3

I don't think you'll have to wait long for the Spidey films, I'm sure with next years reboot, they will put out something to coincide.

23. Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

Disney seems to be the most notorious with their dumb vault stuff. Poor Aladdin. :( I may only own you on VHS forever. :p

24. Ipodman Love Tension

Yea I guess the Re-re-release of the Spider-Mans will come later this year or early next year...

I'm thinking of buying that cardboard box with the 4 TMNTs in it, what's so bad about that set?

25. Sam Fisher Heavy Meddle

^Not so great picture quality, no extras for the first three movies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.