The Hip Hop/Rap Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else think that Lupe has kinda become a whiny little b****

He use to be mine. F&L, The Cool were great. Lasers...it wasnt that good especially considering the previous 2. But I think it gets too much hate. I mean it's not one of the worst albums from last year like Ive heard people say

I first started liking him because in addition to just being a good emcee, he was really imaginative. When I first heard Daydreamin in I think 8th grade, the subject matter and the idea was so original and cool to me that I instantly became a fan.

But nowadays, I feel he just b****es about the establishment. He's just a political rapper and imo not that good of one. I wish he'd just go back to being creative and making tracks like Daydreaming, The Cool, Hip Hop Saved My life instead of being a mediocre political rapper.

I guess my main gripe is that I feel that he is not being imaginative and is focusing more on his overly political side, which I feel isnt as interesting and sometimes comes off as whiny

Last edited:
I actually think out of all the mainstream albums last year, Lasers was my favorite. I find it underrated, although, like you said, F&L and The Cool are 10 times better. I feel like he's always been a political rapper and I don't mind it. Can't wait until this next album drops. Around My Way and B**** Bad are very good songs, in my opinion. And he's dropping another single tomorrow. Can't wait.

I like some of this songs, but it's for the beats or the other artists he has on the song. I can't remember ever really liking a verse by him. I dont ever see myself buying a whole album by him.

But MTV calling him the #1 hottest MC in the game? Bull.
And Im not even talking skill but over Jay, Kanye, Lil Wayne and Drake (who I dont even like)? Hell no

the only verse of his i like is the intro to Monster.

the only verse of his i like is the intro to Monster.
oh yeah I forgot about that. That was ok.

I actually think out of all the mainstream albums last year, Lasers was my favorite. I find it underrated, although, like you said, F&L and The Cool are 10 times better. I feel like he's always been a political rapper and I don't mind it. Can't wait until this next album drops. Around My Way and B**** Bad are very good songs, in my opinion. And he's dropping another single tomorrow. Can't wait.
On the bolded: Definetly. For a main stream album it's good. Even though some people might have not liked it. I really really liked The Show Goes On. How he took that electronic sounding beat and made it a sick, uplifting party track
He's had a political slant. I mean he did talk about taht stuff, but now it's cutting into just him being that old more talented Lupe. IMO

Does anyone else think that Lupe has kinda become a whiny little b****

I for one absolutely hated Lasers,I loved The Cool and Food & Liquor though,but hearing his new material gives me hope that he's about to release something really good.

I loved The Cool.

The record label basically forced Lupe to put out a more commerical radio friendly record after The Cool which they thought was a failure.

Lupe basically didn't even try to rap good on some of the tracks because the first recording of Lasers got shelved. The label made him rerecord the album. He basically just did some vocals and they got producers to work on the tracks without him.

I don't agree with all of Lupe's political views but his still a great rapper and I would rather hear songs like Bad B**** than some boring gangsters and hoes rubbish.

You can still find some great non-political stuff on the regular Mixtapes he releases.

I didnt like B***h Bad, but his new song Lamborghini Angels was pretty good

New Lupe song is awesome. He killed it. He's 3/3 in my eyes so far. Can't wait for that album. Next month!

Wow that new song was something else. Beat was incredible and the content was a lot to take in.

A lot of it could be seen as nonsensical Lupe conspiracy ramblings but unsurprisingly it worked.

His flow is really smooth in this too it all sinks in like a cup of no pulp simply orange.

MF Dooms new album Kery To The Kuffs is good. Didn't know MF Doom lives in London now either because he uses a Idris Elba style accent on a couple tracks.

Anyone hear about this new Murs and Fashawn album?! First single is out and it sounds dope. Can't wait to hear the rest of this project. If anyone hasn't you should really check out Fashawn's debut album, Boy Meets World.

Truth or Truth by Slaughterhouse. 14 mins of bars. I don't see how a hip hop fan couldn't get into it.

Truth or Truth by Slaughterhouse. 14 mins of bars. I don't see how a hip hop fan couldn't get into it.

I personally feel Royce came weak on that. And I don't like how they are talking stuff about being commercial now and basically downgrading their core fan base. At least Budden is. Unless I'm hearing it wrong. This mixtape is sounding better than the album though.

Anybody around here ever heard of Passionate Mc?? He's from Rhode Island, he's on a few Canibus cuts. Personally, I think his flow is ****ing impeccable.

They Ready by J Cole Big KRIT and Kendrick Lamar is sick

i'm surprised at how much i'm listening to kid cudi lately.

i'm surprised at how much i'm listening to kid cudi lately.

Yeah, I was just listening to his Legend of Mr. Rager album yesterday. Dude is dope, in my opinion. Can't wait for his next album, indecud, to drop.

This Slaughterhouse album is coming out terrible. They released a new track, Throw That, with Eminem. Garbage.

14 mins and they killed it. The mixtape was good. I have high hopes for the CD

The mixtape is way better than the album. Eminem ruined the album. I can't stand it.

I haven't listened to it yet. When you say Em ruined it, what do you mean? His verses? Or the beats he produced

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"