The Hip Hop Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait........ I hope you don't mean the 50 cent song!

Common's album is gonna get so commercialized it's gonna lose it's value.

I remember listening to it early this year off my friend's bootleg. Now I see MTV and VH1 play Go and I realize how much those channels can ruin good music.

They should stick to making reality shows... I can accept those.

Real World? Check
Celebrity Fit Club? Check

Equint77 said:
Common's album is gonna get so commercialized it's gonna lose it's value.

I remember listening to it early this year off my friend's bootleg. Now I see MTV and VH1 play Go and I realize how much those channels can ruin good music.

They should stick to making reality shows... I can accept those.

Real World? Check
Celebrity Fit Club? Check

Right, because in this day in age with so much BS on tv a good album getting airplay is a bad thing

Super_Ludacris said:
Right, because in this day in age with so much BS on tv a good album getting airplay is a bad thing

you're just mad Nasir's double CD tanked faster than the titanic. :ghost:

Should I download Bigge's and Tupac's Discography?

Twitch said:
Should I download Bigge's and Tupac's Discography?

I'd say Big but I'm bias... but he can't come close to Tupac's songs... the guys' been dead 10 years and put out more albums than the living.

Equint77 said:
I'd say Big but I'm bias... but he can't come close to Tupac's songs... the guys' been dead 10 years and put out more albums than the living.

I'll download it later, I got 4 things downloding right now :o

WuTangDisciple said:
It didn't take, you farmers wart! That album is tight.

my friend who's like one of Nas' biggest fans.. who won't shut up about him.. even he thought the double CD was bland. But that's nothing new.... what rapper who has put out a double CD that's solid top to bottom? Life After Death.... there were a handful of songs that shouldn't have been on the album.. making it a single CD. Same thing with Wu Tang Forever.... that could easily have been a single CD and been wayy better. Jay's Blueprint 2... horrible.

And for Cris who thinks I hate Nasir..... on my b'day I ordered Verbal Intercourse off of Rae's Cuban Links album... cause I think Nas' verse is probably the single best rap verse I've ever heard. And I have no problems saying it. I've been saying it since 95 when I first bought the damn thing.

spider-jide said:
Nick Carter? Can I live? wait are you people talking about SHAWN Carter's, Can I live from his reasonable doubt album?
Actually, I think they mean Nick Cannon.

Equint77 said:
my friend who's like one of Nas' biggest fans.. who won't shut up about him.. even he thought the double CD was bland. But that's nothing new.... what rapper who has put out a double CD that's solid top to bottom? Life After Death.... there were a handful of songs that shouldn't have been on the album.. making it a single CD. Same thing with Wu Tang Forever.... that could easily have been a single CD and been wayy better. Jay's Blueprint 2... horrible.

And for Cris who thinks I hate Nasir..... on my b'day I ordered Verbal Intercourse off of Rae's Cuban Links album... cause I think Nas' verse is probably the single best rap verse I've ever heard. And I have no problems saying it. I've been saying it since 95 when I first bought the damn thing.
Although I haven't bought the last Nas CD, I've heard songs off of the album & I was impressed. I guess that album is for people who "like hip-hop". Although Nas isn't the MOST intellectual rapper that's out now, he does give you something to think about; That's all I ask of a CD.

I like a lot of dance music although I wouldn't say I am a huge afficionado of Hip-Hop. My dance tastes lean more toward the techno end. I am a pretty huge fan of Black-Eyed Peas, but they tend to gravitate toward more mainstream, and incorporate what I would say is a bit more funk which to me is different than Hip-Hop.

^^ I feel ya bro, they coming to tampa and orlando but I can't go due to football. Del isn't going though.

Equint77 said:
you're just mad Nasir's double CD tanked faster than the titanic. :ghost:

Seriously how is Common's getting play bad?

oh wait, your a CGBG kinda guy...what was that you said to me? " I heard Hip Hop since 97 'cris".......

and Nasir album has outsold everything Jay been dropping Def Jam (Bleek, Young Gunz, Teirra Mari)

only album that won't flop is Kanye's..........and that's cause Nas is on it :)

Although I think the Damien Marley Nas did was hotter

Holla Sonic :) I'm in a good mood today :)

kamesan said:
Although I haven't buugh the last Nas CD, I've heard songs off of the album & I was impressed. I guess that album is for people who "like hip-hop". Although Nas isn't the MOST intellectual rapper that's out now, he does give you something to think about; That's all I ask of a CD.

Nas' double cd is garbage. I remember when it came out last year or so and people were like, "Oh his album is sick, you best cop that sh1t" and I was like, aight, I'll get it, I put it in my cd player nd it was just garbage, I wasn't impressed at all. Nas needs to go and fix up.

Not really. I did just buy SCRIBE - THE CRUSADER... quite good. I am very impressed with the stuff coming out of New Zealand.

spider-jide said:
Nas' double cd is garbage. I remember when it came out last year or so and people were like, "Oh his album is sick, you best cop that sh1t" and I was like, aight, I'll get it, I put it in my cd player nd it was just garbage, I wasn't impressed at all. Nas needs to go and fix up.

Yeah but I say the same thing to everyone, if the album is garbage like everyone says, then apart from Common's album what else was hot that came out since last november? Cam? Game? Snoop? (oh wait Luda, MF DOOM and 9th Wonder dropped some heat :up:

It's definetly the most divided in terms of what he's put out. It aint universally panned like Nastradamus and it aint loved like Illmatic and Stillmatic.
Gimme Theif's Theme, Street's Disciple,Nazerth Savage, Sekou's Story, Just a Moment over everything Cam and Game's albums (except the Kanye Tracks cause Down and Out and Dreams was nice)

But like it's Rae and Ghost said "**** it, it's the god yo" as long as son's putting out music it's a beautiful thing, allow these other MC's bailing out when the rap game's depleted (Em, Andre, Q-Tip, Hov)

BTW go get that AZ! :up:

Mentok said:
Not really. I did just buy SCRIBE - THE CRUSADER... quite good. I am very impressed with the stuff coming out of New Zealand.

Yo I need to get my hands on that P Money and Scribe LP that came out last month. The production is suprsingly impressive! :eek:

Man it's gonna be a great 3rd and 4th qtr in 05 ( Bring on Little Brother, Styles P, AZ and my man Saigon :supes: )

Super_Ludacris said:
Yeah but I say the same thing to everyone, if the album is garbage like everyone says, then apart from Common's album what else was hot that came out since last november? Cam? Game? Snoop? (oh wait Luda, MF DOOM and 9th Wonder dropped some heat :up:

It's definetly the most divided in terms of what he's put out. It aint universally panned like Nastradamus and it aint loved like Illmatic and Stillmatic.
Gimme Theif's Theme, Street's Disciple,Nazerth Savage, Sekou's Story, Just a Moment over everything Cam and Game's albums
LOL I bought one of MF Doom's CD's & ironically he sounds alot like Cam.

American_Idiot said:
Me, I'm picky and choosey about what hip-hop and/or rap artists I will listen to. Basically, I hate music that relies on "nice beats to shake ya ash to" to sell. However, I do enjoy MCs who tell stories in their songs or at least have interesting/thought provoking things to talk about (i.e. Nas, Kanye West, Eminem, Jay-Z, etc.) and if they have a few club hits on the album, so be it.

If you are a fan of hip-hop and/or rap that has something to talk about and are looking to hear something new, check out my friend JayBlaze, an upcoming MC hailing from Oakland, CA @ http://www.myspace.com/jayblaze2005 and let me know what you think.

Hip-Hop isn't groundbreaking anymore. . . there's a lot of guys out there who aren't really that talented on the mic, and their fame is frustrating. . .
but to each his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"