The "Hoodie" Incident: Controversial? Racist? - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was just getting his ducks in a row. Getting it on record that he went through the proper channels before he murdered Trayvon.

I think 'getting' implies currently.

Where else can I make wildly ignorant accusations disguised as facts?

I have to say the star witnesses... was terrible. I can actually see the case go for Zimmerman now.

I stay out of the MoS and TDKR boards... Those dudes are on a new level of crazy.

All joking and outlandish statements aside, I sincerely hope Zimmerman does some time. I'm not saying give the guy life or anything, but he should definitely face some sort of consequence for his actions. He was wrong in perusing Trayvon. He was wrong in not identifying himself as neighborhood watch and he was definitely wrong in not announcing that he had a loaded weapon on his person.

Had he done at least 2 out of those 3 things there would have been a completely different outcome.

If he's found innocent he's going to spend several years in hiding.

Though given his track record, I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up in jail later anyway.

Yeah, you're probably right. I haven't heard a thing about the BART cop who shot Oscar Grant since he was released.

I stay out of the MoS and TDKR boards... Those dudes are on a new level of crazy.

All joking and outlandish statements aside, I sincerely hope Zimmerman does some time. I'm not saying give the guy life or anything, but he should definitely face some sort of consequence for his actions. He was wrong in perusing Trayvon. He was wrong in not identifying himself as neighborhood watch and he was definitely wrong in not announcing that he had a loaded weapon on his person.

Had he done at least 2 out of those 3 things there would have been a completely different outcome.

I think going after Murder 2 was a mistake...they should have gone after Manslaughter

I think going after Murder 2 was a mistake...they should have gone after Manslaughter

I agree, I've said that from the beginning. This prosecution team has seen their name up in lights, and they got a little too full of themselves with this one.

The same thing happened in the Casey Anthony case. They went for the wrong indictment.

Zimmerman walks, there is no case here. The media lied their way to create a story and public outrage, when there is nothing here at all. All the spin of racism, "white hispanic", edited Zimmerman calls, pictures of Trayvon when he was 10yrs old or whatever, just shameful.
Jeantel's story. the star witness of the prosecution, as to what Trayvon did makes no sense and is completely unreliable. To make matters worse for the prosecution is the physical evidence points toward Zimmerman being attacked and corroborates his story of self-defense. Unedited tapes of Zimmerman with the operator showed compliance with their requests--and of course no racism either.
SO much misinformation on the side of the Trayvon supporters thanks to heavy media involvement in creating misinformation. Point is, Zimmerman will walk and I'll enjoy seeing all the public outrage from everyone who can't see the case objectively

Zimmerman walks, there is no case here. The media lied their way to create a story and public outrage, when there is nothing here at all. All the spin of racism, "white hispanic", edited Zimmerman calls, pictures of Trayvon when he was 10yrs old or whatever, just shameful.
Jeantel's story. the star witness of the prosecution, as to what Trayvon did makes no sense and is completely unreliable. To make matters worse for the prosecution is the physical evidence points toward Zimmerman being attacked and corroborates his story of self-defense. Unedited tapes of Zimmerman with the operator showed compliance with their requests--and of course no racism either.
SO much misinformation on the side of the Trayvon supporters thanks to heavy media involvement in creating misinformation. Point is, Zimmerman will walk and I'll enjoy seeing all the public outrage from everyone who can't see the case objectively

This was one of the reasons why I stayed away from the media stories about the case and waited for the trial. Just the facts.

You'll enjoy watching people stand up to the fact that a killer is gonna get away with murder? Great person you are.

I don't know that he will walk...

But what I do know, is as you watch the prosecution's side of the trial, you usually will get the feeling, WOW, they have a strong case.

Then you get to the defense side of the trial, and you usually will get the feeling, WOW, they have a strong case.

Well right now, I haven't seen any of the prosecution's witnesses that have done much for their side. AND, when the defense gets up there they will say it was self-defense, and in the state of Florida, that means the beyond reasonable doubt shifts to the prosecution to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it wasn't self defense. They are not doing too well right now with these witnesses so far. And if they keep bringing up Zimmerman's statements? He isn't going to have to be put up on the stand, the jurors will already know what he said. It's just crazy...

In Texas if you plead self-defense, YOU have to prove it was self defense...not in Florida. This should be interesting...

You'll enjoy watching people stand up to the fact that a killer is gonna get away with murder? Great person you are.

And I always have thought that people were innocent until proven guilty, that is actually how our justice system works. What a great person you must be to be the jury and judge in this case.

I certainly don't think Zimmerman should get off with nothing, but that isn't anyone's fault except the prosecution for going for murder and not manslaughter. None of us were there, and if I'm supposed to go by JUST THE WITNESSES, not what the media has said....well in the jury, as of right now I would be leaning much more towards manslaughter than murder. Therefore the prosecution would have me possibly by the end of this trial, but as of right now, not murder. Had they gone for manslaughter he would have jail time. As it is right now, he may not....but I never make a judgement until I've seen all of the witnesses. I'm certainly not going to go by our media today. To do that is just swimming in ignorance.

I don't know that he will walk...

But what I do know, is as you watch the prosecution's side of the trial, you usually will get the feeling, WOW, they have a strong case.

Then you get to the defense side of the trial, and you usually will get the feeling, WOW, they have a strong case.

Well right now, I haven't seen any of the prosecution's witnesses that have done much for their side. AND, when the defense gets up there they will say it was self-defense, and in the state of Florida, that means the beyond reasonable doubt shifts to the prosecution to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it wasn't self defense. They are not doing too well right now with these witnesses so far. And if they keep bringing up Zimmerman's statements? He isn't going to have to be put up on the stand, the jurors will already know what he said. It's just crazy...

In Texas if you plead self-defense, YOU have to prove it was self defense...not in Florida. This should be interesting...

I agree...every time the state calls a witness to the stand they end up being better for the defense. I have yet to see anything from the prosecution to suggest this wasn't self defense...I missed some testimony this morning but I saw a snippet of a prosecution witness saying Trayvon was on top beating up Zimmerman like an MMA fighter...
If the defense does better than the prosecution I think he walks.

And I always have thought that people were innocent until proven guilty, that is actually how our justice system works. What a great person you must be to be the jury and judge in this case.

I certainly don't think Zimmerman should get off with nothing, but that isn't anyone's fault except the prosecution for going for murder and not manslaughter. None of us were there, and if I'm supposed to go by JUST THE WITNESSES, not what the media has said....well in the jury, as of right now I would be leaning much more towards manslaughter than murder. Therefore the prosecution would have me possibly by the end of this trial, but as of right now, not murder. Had they gone for manslaughter he would have jail time. As it is right now, he may not....but I never make a judgement until I've seen all of the witnesses. I'm certainly not going to go by our media today. To do that is just swimming in ignorance.

Agreed on all points

How is he not guilty? He killed an innocent person that he was told repeatedly to not follow, but thought HE would be judge, jury, and executioner. Not to mention his whole "They always get away.." sentiment. Who do you think he's talking about when he said they?

He deserves to rot in prison. There's no ifs, ands, or buts about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"