The HULK Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thor lovers despise that movie, haha. Especially that one scene where Hulk beats Thor and he screams like a *****.
But it's the best part of the movie. :lmao:

Craig Kyle co-wrote the Planet Hulk animated movie, and he and Chris Yost also co-wrote Hulk vs. Thor as well. They know how to write the Hulk pretty well.

I'm happy Hulk will finally get to talk. Making him a monosyllabic character for the Avengers films and Incredible Hulk was lazy and disappointing. Hulk has to see himself as his own person and different from Banner. He has to have his own personality and character. Dialogue is a part of that.

The Hulk work that I am most pleased from Christopher Yost and Craig Kyle is there work on The Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Their rendition of Gravage Hulk was right on point!

The cinematic characterization of the Hulk has been truer to Kenneth Johnson's television version than to the comic book Hulk created by Jack Kirby and Stan Lee. The show was and is excellent, but it was a limited iteration of the Hulk that worked for that time period.

Last edited:
The Hulk work that I am most pleased from Christopher Yost and Craig Kyle is there work on The Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes. Their rendition of Gravage Hulk was right on point!

The cinematic characterization of the Hulk has been truer to Kenneth Johnson's television version than to the comic book Hulk created by Jack Kirby and Stan Lee. The show was and is excellent, but it was a limited iteration of the Hulk that worked for that time period.

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is the best media depiction of Hulk ever in my opinion.

It's not even close.

Thor lovers despise that movie, haha. Especially that one scene where Hulk beats Thor and he screams like a *****.

Even Hulk lovers and all comic book fans should dispise that because it's so inaccurate to the source material.

As much as I love Thor I would never want to see a film where he gives Hulk a one sided ass beating. I was expecting and epic destructive toe to toe battle where Hulk and Thor fought tooth and nail.

Last edited:

I agree with most of your points, but one small correction. Craig Kyle didn't work on Earth's Mightiest Heroes. It was actually Yost and Josh Fine for that show who were the creators and created the direction for that show.

But yes I like that version. A Hulk who was a separate personality from Banner, but willing to work along with Banner and accept his advice and show that he can be a hero and not a monster.

Even Hulk lovers and all comic book fana should depose that because it's so inaccurate to the source material.

As much as I love Thor I would never want to see a film where he gives Hulk a one sided ass beating. I was expecting and epic destructive toe to toe battle where Hulk and Thor fought tooth and nail.

Hulk lover here, I concur. At no point during that "fight" did it seem like the creators had any respect or knowledge of Thor. Hulk may as well have been beating up a Thor cosplayer.

And thank you for seeing the other side of things too. I don't much like the sentiment I feel from a lot of Thor fans that Thor should effortlessly stomp Hulk. First of all give the big guy some credit, they're *both* supposed to be top powerhouses of the Avengers, and I think they're written best when they can somewhat evenly compete with each other. That allows for some friendly rivalry between them while they work towards the same goal. Second, it especially makes for bad cinema, unless the curb stomping is played for comedic purposes like Loki. Though I still sorta wish Loki would have tried some illusions only for Hulk to sniff out the right one, like, challenge him a little man, don't just stand there and gloat you dunce. But I guess that was the point given his blinding ego at the time.

If this arena fight they're hyping turns out one sided then I'm going to be disappointed. I want to see the both of them go all out and tank incredibly big hits from each other with the arena walls being the poor victim being curbstomped into pieces, creating both splendor and a bit of worry for the Grandmaster above as the arena shakes with their epic dual. None of this Hulk cornering or pinning Thor and wailing on him ******** from that animated movie.

Last edited:
I'm happy Hulk will finally get to talk. Making him a monosyllabic character for the Avengers films and Incredible Hulk was lazy and disappointing. Hulk has to see himself as his own person and different from Banner. He has to have his own personality and character. Dialogue is a part of that.
I've also always liked how he dislikes Banner. (especially since I don't care for Banner either)

If this arena fight they're hyping turns out one sided then I'm going to be disappointed. I want to see the both of them go all out and tank incredibly big hits from each other with the arena walls being the poor victim being curbstomped into pieces, creating both splendor and a bit of worry for the Grandmaster above as the arena shakes with their epic dual. None of this Hulk cornering or pinning Thor and wailing on him ******** from that animated movie.
They may have hinted that the Hulk wins easily in the trailer. That bit where Thor is claiming he won the fight easily sounds like a joke where he is taking advantage of Banner not knowing who won the fight. The joke wouldn't work if Thor won or even held his own. Hope that's not the case. I think they should be fairly evenly matched with the Hulk having a slight edge.

The "Hulk is the strongest one there is!" line would work in the arena scene I think.

After looking very closely to the Trailers and behind the scenes footage here are some of the stages of the Thor vs Hulk fight that i put together accordingly to what was shown and the normal progression of events. I guess this could very well change with the final product but still...
- After Hulk comes out from the gates he lunges high up in the air against Thor while he is standing his ground.
- Thor has the "club weapon" in his right hand and the shield in the left while the swords are still in his back. Hulk has the hammer and axe. Thor seems to be faster and gets behind Hulk avoiding his hits, Hulk surprises Thor and knocks him hard with the hammer destroying his shield and the "club weapon". This projects Thor agains the side of the arena making a lot of damage.
- Thor comes back and takes the swords out. Hulk still with the hammer and axe. Thor is still faster and is able to deflects the Hulk hits with the weapons hitting each other.
- Hulk jumps and lands feet first on Thor's chest. Both are without weapons.
- Thor without the helmet hits with the right fist on the ground and get's engulfed in lightning. He runs at Hulk with lightning surrounding him and the ground chattering. Both jump at each other. Hulk also whiteout the helmet goes with 2 close fists from the top down and Thor comes slightly under him but by being faster ends up uppercutting Hulk hard in the face which sends him flying back.

After looking very closely to the Trailers and behind the scenes footage here are some of the stages of the Thor vs Hulk fight that i put together accordingly to what was shown and the normal progression of events. I guess this could very well change with the final product but still...
- After Hulk comes out from the gates he lunges high up in the air against Thor while he is standing his ground.
- Thor has the "club weapon" in his right hand and the shield in the left while the swords are still in his back. Hulk has the hammer and axe. Thor seems to be faster and gets behind Hulk avoiding his hits, Hulk surprises Thor and knocks him hard with the hammer destroying his shield and the "club weapon". This projects Thor agains the side of the arena making a lot of damage.
- Thor comes back and takes the swords out. Hulk still with the hammer and axe. Thor is still faster and is able to deflects the Hulk hits with the weapons hitting each other.
- Hulk jumps and lands feet first on Thor's chest. Both are without weapons.
- Thor without the helmet hits with the right fist on the ground and get's engulfed in lightning. He runs at Hulk with lightning surrounding him and the ground chattering. Both jump at each other. Hulk also whiteout the helmet goes with 2 close fists from the top down and Thor comes slightly under him but by being faster ends up uppercutting Hulk hard in the face which sends him flying back.

When does [blackout]Hulk land on Thor's chest?[/blackout] Also I keep telling you guys, Thor is NOT going to go lightning mode against Hulk they took it out.

That same exact shot is at the end of the first trailer and there's zero lightning.

They may have hinted that the Hulk wins easily in the trailer. That bit where Thor is claiming he won the fight easily sounds like a joke where he is taking advantage of Banner not knowing who won the fight. The joke wouldn't work if Thor won or even held his own. Hope that's not the case. I think they should be fairly evenly matched with the Hulk having a slight edge.

The "Hulk is the strongest one there is!" line would work in the arena scene I think.

Let's just change the title of the film to Hulk: Ragnarok and call it a day huh?

Last edited:
When does [BLACKOUT]Hulk land on Thor's chest?[/BLACKOUT] And I'm telling you guys, Thor is NOT going to go lightning mode against Hulk they took it out.

That same exact shot is at the end of the first trailer and there's zero lightning.
1.17 of the trailer. It's a fraction of a second. Take the speed down to 0.25 and check it out.

We shall see if they did or did not cut that out. Interestingly enough Hulk had real axe from the Official Trailer in the footage as well so i still think there's a big possibility of that happening. Just because you dint see it in the Teaser doesn't mean it will not appear later on in the marketing campaign. I've been right before about similar stuff. I guess we gotta wait and see.

1.17 of the trailer. It's a fraction of a second.

We shall see if they did or did not cut that out. Interestingly enough Hulk had real axe from the Official Trailer in the footage as well so i still think there's a big possibility of that happening. Just because you dint see it in the Teaser doesn't mean it will not appear later on in the marketing campaign. I've been right before about similar stuff. I guess we gotta wait and see.

I'd love to be wrong, I just have a hard time understanding why they would leave such a cool aspect out of the teaser.

I'd love to be wrong, I just have a hard time understanding why they would leave such a cool aspect out of the teaser.
My reasoning is this. The Teaser had already so much going for it. Mjolnir getting destroyed, Hela with the headress, a armored Hulk, Thor's reaction... It was already enough.

If that effect was added then it would eat up armored Hulk and Thor's reaction. They also probably didn't had the CGI done completely like what happened to the other axe which was smaller and probably easier to render... But this is just my 2 cents as usual.

My reasoning is this. The Teaser had already so much going for it. Mjolnir getting destroyed, Hela with the headress, a armored Hulk, Thor's reaction... It was already enough.

If that effect was added then it would eat up armored Hulk and Thor's reaction. They also probably didn't had the CGI done completely like what happened to the other axe which was smaller and probably easier to render... But this is just my 2 cents as usual.

Let's hope you're right, it would be awesome to get as much lightning Thor as possible.

Craig Kyle co-wrote the Planet Hulk animated movie, and he and Chris Yost also co-wrote Hulk vs. Thor as well. They know how to write the Hulk pretty well.

Agree with absolutely all of this. Out of three appearances he's had only around four or five lines and that is a gross injustice in terms of building the character. Not to mention it continues to perpetuate the idea amongst general audiences that Hulk is always nothing but a mindless brute.

But it's the best part of the movie. :lmao:

It's honestly my favorite part of the movie. :sly:

Last edited:

Not to mention they probably wanted to save lightning Thor as the money shot for the Trailer. Blowing all the big reveals in the Teaser would be wasteful.

Not to mention they probably wanted to save lightning Thor as the money shot for the Trailer. Blowing all the big reveals in the Teaser would be wasteful.

Very true I said this in another thread.

It looks like the Fenris Wolf actually shows up on top of the rainbow bridge for the first time. And that's when he roars and Hulk answer back with a scream of his own. Then apparently both get into it and fall down to the water bellow where we see Fenris jumping at Hulk and trying to bite him in half while Hulk amazingly is able to holds his jaws open.

I wonder if when the team arrives on Asgard and are confronted by Hela that she calls upon Fenris to even the playing field. Of the giant wolf just jumps out of nowhere into the middle to protect his master. I think Fenris most likely will end up being Hela's giant pet.

My theory is that when Hulk flew off in the Avengers jet at the end of Age of Ultron, SHIELD or someone took the opportunity to propel him in space; much like how the comic book story that lead to Planet Hulk; Peace in Our Time ended. We never see the jet land. We only hear Fury tell us Hulk's fate. Now, how he ends up on Asgard...can't say I have a theory for that.

Sadly, that's a terrible theory, since nothing SHIELD or anyone vaguely like them has could take a quinjet and somehow fling it lightyears away to another planet.

The reason for my theory, as I mentioned above, is due to the comic book arc called "Peace In Our Time" which preceded the Planet Hulk storyline in which the Thor Ragnorock movie is loosely based on. Although I don't think that they will follow the story exactly, I still believe it will be revealed that either SHIELD or some of the heroes had a hand in sending the Hulk off somewhere. In the Age of Ultron movie, they went out of the way to say "peace in our time" on numerous occasions.

Because this movie preceded Civil War, I believe someone wanted Hulk off world so that he would not be involved in that outcome.

My 2 cents.

I don't think we are going to learn of any of the other heroes' involvement or SHIELD in Hulk appearing on Sakkar.

I don't think we are going to learn of any of the other heroes' involvement or SHIELD in Hulk appearing on Sakkar.

Maybe. Maybe not.

Like the comics, my belief is that some of the other superheroes or SHIELD did not plan on sending him to Sakaar, but something goes wrong and Hulk ends up there.

Last edited:
And I think, given the evidence we have, that is vanishingly unlikely, into the "willing to bet money" range. There are at least two plausible methods for Hulk to get there that are already in play ( Loki, and the Grandmaster himself ), and precisely zero evidence to even hint at the possibility of stuff like SHIELD Conspiracy, let alone the actuality.

And I think, given the evidence we have, that is vanishingly unlikely, into the "willing to bet money" range. There are at least two plausible methods for Hulk to get there that are already in play ( Loki, and the Grandmaster himself ), and precisely zero evidence to even hint at the possibility of stuff like SHIELD Conspiracy, let alone the actuality.

Could be either Loki or Grandmaster but being that General Ross was Secretary of State, I don't put it pass him that he advised SHIELD to take care of the Hulk.

[YT]https://youtu.be/_A0UeT38CLo[/YT]

https://youtu.be/_A0UeT38CLo

Possible proof of my theory of someone launching Hulk into space. Listen close around the 50 second mark. Don Cheadle sets up the dialogue and Mark Ruffalo says something interesting. Watch his body language.

It may be nothing other than me reading into things.

Could be either Loki or Grandmaster but being that General Ross was Secretary of State, I don't put it pass him that he advised SHIELD to take care of the Hulk.

Wanting to get rid of the Hulk doesn't give him the ability to magically summons and FTL drive or interstellar portal. For that matter, it doesn't magically give him the ability to *find* the Hulk, seeing as even Tony Stark couldn't find the Hulk post-Avengers 2. That's not evidence.

Wanting to get rid of the Hulk doesn't give him the ability to magically summons and FTL drive or interstellar portal. For that matter, it doesn't magically give him the ability to *find* the Hulk, seeing as even Tony Stark couldn't find the Hulk post-Avengers 2. That's not evidence.

Thus my reasoning that he advised SHIELD or some of the other heroes, possibly with Doctor Strange's help, to take care of "their" Hulk problem. As I mentioned before, the aim was not to send him to Sakaar, but to send him somewhere else. Something goes wrong and he ends up on Sakaar "mad as hell" for two years as Ruffalo alludes to.

It's only a 'likely theory' no matter how much you may not like it.

Last edited:
I don't think it's likely at all. There's no evidence outside of Sitwell's passing reference in TWS that anyone in the hero community is even aware of Strange as a powerful sorcerer. Now suddenly Tony Stark and or other heroes are conspiring with him to handle the Hulk situation? There's been no set up, not even close. Right now to the audience it would be coming out of nowhere. I don't see them springing that on moviegoers and if they did it would be sub par storytelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"