The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Parts 1 & 2

mclay18

Avenger
Reaction score
I figured I should start a new thread for this since the first bit of casting for the 2-part finale has started. Game Change star Julianne Moore will play District 13 leader Alma Coin alongside returning cast members Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, and Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/hunger-games-julianne-moore-talks-576429

Francis Lawrence, as previously reported, will direct the final two films. Danny Strong, another Game Change crew member, adapted the screenplays.

Moore. Very nice.

Still hate that it's being split into two movies. It's really not necessary at all.

Thanks to the success of past two-parter movies we should expect quadrilogies to be the new trilogy.

Well, my interest just went up (no pun intended).

She has quite the interesting face.

I love how interesting her face is and I mean that in the best possible way. Most of the cookie cutter looks in Hollywood bore the hell out of me.

This is great, fantastic actress and I'm already trying to imagine her with how Cressida is described visually, this will work. It's a wonderful cast they're building up.

She has quite the interesting face.
She is a fine looking Miss Piggy, and I am not even joking.

God I love her. I still remember the first time I saw her in Casanova. Mind blown.

Australian actress Stef Dawson will play Annie Cresta, Finnick’s (Sam Claflin) love interest, in the final two Hunger Games movies, Mockingjay Parts 1 & 2.

Annie is the addled Hunger Games victor who won the 70th annual Games despite suffering a mental breakdown after witnessing her District 4 partner get beheaded. She gets a reprieve in Catching Fire, when the older Mags takes her place in the Quarter Quell, but the Capitol arrests her in Mockingjay, essentially taking her hostage to hurt Finnick Odair.

According to a press release from Lionsgate, Dawson is known for her work on television as well as numerous independent films.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 & 2 will be directed by Francis Lawrence and have release dates of Nov. 21, 2014, and Nov. 20, 2015, respectively.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/08/26/hunger-games-mockingjay-annie/

So we have Phillip Seymour-Hoffman, Julianne Moore, and Natalie Dormer joining Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Hemsworth, Stanley Tucci, and Donald Sutherland. I'm in.

this is building up nicely. never wouldve imagined Moore as Coin but i'm in

Good, choice. Moore is a chameleon who can play almost any kind of role. Jodie Foster would have been my second choice.

i think Joan Allen was my top choice, but Foster would've been amazing as well

i would've liked to see Jane Lynch even, someone mentioned that to me once and after I thought about it a bit, that could've been very interesting

Like I said, Moore is a chameleon, she can play ANY kind of role (even one that involves a love scene with Amansa Seyfried, I saw Chloe the other night).

tumblr_mt3a0mvCL71rj87yco1_500.png

tumblr_mt3a0mvCL71rj87yco2_500.png

tumblr_mt3a0mvCL71rj87yco3_500.png

tumblr_mt3a0mvCL71rj87yco4_500.png

someone made this manip on tumblr:

tumblr_mt2wupauZi1qg8ggio1_500.png

I didn't think the first film was that all great, but the Mockingjay trailer was pretty damn cool. Julianne Moore being in this is also a very good reason for me to see it now.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/09/lily-rabe-hunger-games-mockingjay-commander-lyme/
Lily Rabe Joins ‘Hunger Games: Mockingjay’ Pics
By THE DEADLINE TEAM

Lily Rabe has been cast as Commander Lyme in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Parts 1 & 2, Lionsgate said this morning. Lyme is a past victor of an unknown Hunger Games, hailing from District 2, and is one of the leaders of the Rebellion at District 13. Rabe’s recent credits include American Horror Story.
Terrific actress.

I am not familiar with this actress, what other stuff has she been in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"