The Hype Audio Challenge

ComicChick

I Work Too Much
Staff member
Reaction score
it's quite simple; record yourself saying the stuff below, upload it and post it.

Your name and/or username.
Where you’re from.
Pronounce the following words: Aunt, Roof, Route, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Pajamas, Caught, Naturally, Aluminum, GIF, Tumblr, Crackerjack, Doorknob, Envelope, Bicycle, Galaxy, Pokemon, Groot, Mahogany, Earth, Air, Butter, Goulash, Elementary,
What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
What is a bubbly carbonated drink called?
What do you call gym shoes?
What do you call your grandparents?
What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
Choose a book and read a passage from it.
Do you think you have an accent?
Be a wizard or a vampire?
Speak a lyric from a song:
End audio post by saying any thing you want

edit: if you want to participate, but would like to maintain anonymity, if you PM me your audio links, i will post them but won't say who i got them from.

Participants
E-Man
Manic
Symbiotic Toxin
ComicChick
Lord Valumart
Immortalfire
Dark Sentinel
Nemeres
Shlee
Aesop Rocks
The Original Bamfer

Last edited:
This is really cool! Are you doing this just for fun or some sort of school/work type study?

I'm totally not participating though lol. But as for the the questions I can answer without havimg to speak them I'll do those (if you don't want the text responses in here ill delete them lol. But neat idea!

What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
- TPing or (teepeeing)

What is a bubbly carbonated drink called?
- pop

What do you call gym shoes?
-tennis shoes

What do you call your grandparents?
Gramma and grampa (no D's when speaking lol, but spelled correctly when writing)

What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry groceries at the supermarket?
- shopping cart

What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
-Channel changer

Do you think you have an accent?
Can't really answer this since I didn't speak, but I've heard thaf Cleveland 'accents' are what they teach you to use in television type jobs. But I've been told from friends from PA and southern Ohio thaf I sound different/accented to them when I feel the same about their speaking lol.

I'm definitely going to do this...another night :(

I wasn't happy with the recording and it takes a cuss of a long time to load.

But I'll do it, dammit :argh:

:)

This is really cool! Are you doing this just for fun or some sort of school/work type study?

I'm totally not participating though lol. But as for the the questions I can answer without havimg to speak them I'll do those (if you don't want the text responses in here ill delete them lol. But neat idea!

i just thought it would be a fun thing to do.
i don't mind the text answers so much, but why won't you participate? like i said, people can submit anonymously.

i just thought it would be a fun thing to do.
i don't mind the text answers so much, but why won't you participate? like i said, people can submit anonymously.

Mainly because idk how I'd record myself. My computer doesnt have a webcam or a way to record audio as far as I know, and I'm not sure I'd I would be able to do it on my busted old android phone and upload it. I'll check both out for sure, and if one or the other can I'll participate in the other spoken word stuff. Those parts were my favorite when reading since I've heard so many different pronunciations of them, even in my own family my mom says words like milk, eggs, pillow, and chipotle different than I do haha.

Subscribed for tomorrow.

I'll do it when I get home. Pretty sure I have a few minutes of time left on my soundcloud I can use

yay!

should i add the contributions to the OP?

You better believe I'm gonna record something for this later.

tumblr_m9nnsvGj2v1rvxmc5.gif

Forgot about this but will upload it when I'm done making this mix

EDIT: I forgot private just shares with my followers. gonna redo it and post it again

EDIT 2: just tried to do it again and now my phone wants to be stupid and not upload it. Just sat at 56% for 5 minutes. Will try again in the morning

Last edited by a moderator:
I will do this, if someone can point out where I can upload an audio clip for all to hear.

Pretty sure I have a few minutes of time left on my soundcloud I can use
8ce5.jpg

Can we define "passage"? I'm unclear as to what this means...

Good god, CC's song choice... :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"