The Hype Coloring Book

Next I create a new layer of shadows.Here I just used multiple brushes with a flat black on a lower opacity.
shadows.jpg

Here are those two Layers on top of each other
step6result.jpg

Now at this point I felt the colors became too rich.I created a new layer of simple black and whites.I then place that layer beneath the gradient and shadow layer and lowered the opacity of the gradients layer
step7.jpg

And there you have the end result.
step8.jpg

Come on DorkyFresh, if anyone's going to do a coloring, it HAS to be you! Oh and Edryder, that method of seperating pieces works like a charm. I'd been using it ever since I started with Painter a couple of years ago.

I can see the potential awesomeness of this thread so i'm subscribing now

I love to see different takes on the same picture, it's so cool

ComicChick when you post the coloring thing please make it bigger than what it is

i posted it in spoiler tags :huh:

and btw, great tutorial Ed. I don't have the program you used, but it's still interesting to see how people do their art.

Time for a new picture!

NEW LINEART

it's almost been a week, but since the response has been so great so far, i'll go ahead and upload a new piece.

We went Marvel last week, so how bout a DC one this week?

here's a Superman by Ed Benes

superman2yw4.jpg

superman2ks2.jpg

Nice Superman picture comic chick when I get on Linux I'll try to make something using GIMP

Thanks a ton. :)

You're not on MSN and it makes me sad. :(

Thank ya!

i have to go to work a 4am, and i was gonna go to bed early, that's why i wasn't on.

so now i'm wide awake and will prolly stay up all night, so i'll be getting on now ll

Come on DorkyFresh, if anyone's going to do a coloring, it HAS to be you!
:D i'm currently working on something right now but i'll probably end up doing at least one from this thread.

I always like watching the work in these threads. :up:

And I build up a jealous rage over not having photoshop, then cry myself to sleep. :csad:

Torrent it :up:
What he said,..
Or if your a law abiding citizen you can go the free trial route.When the free trial for photoshop is up try painter,when painter is up try paint shop pro,..
Or just get gimp.

spideyanimatedpt2.jpg

Heres my quickie,..Never been a fan of the boyscout,..:dry:

Heres my suggestion for next time.Id love to see everyones take on this
Boba_Fett_Inks.jpg

What he said,..
Or if your a law abiding citizen you can go the free trial route.When the free trial for photoshop is up try painter,when painter is up try paint shop pro,..
Or just get gimp.

spideyanimatedpt2.jpg

Heres my quickie,..Never been a fan of the boyscout,..:dry:

Heres my suggestion for next time.Id love to see everyones take on this
Boba_Fett_Inks.jpg

an you teach the idiots like me how to manimp please?

great job Ed. if that's what you call a quickie, i can't wait to see what you've got in store for some of the "harder" lineart pics i have in mind to post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"