The Hype Coloring Book

spideyanimatedpt2.jpg

Heres my quickie,..Never been a fan of the boyscout,..:dry:

looks like utter crap.....the only thing that's even remotely good is....

the coloring :cwink: :oldrazz: :word:

NICE! his suit colors remind me of Bizarro though...hehe

great jobs on the colorings so far everyone!

i'm so happy that so many people are participating :up:

What he said,..
Or if your a law abiding citizen you can go the free trial route.When the free trial for photoshop is up try painter,when painter is up try paint shop pro,..
Or just get gimp.

spideyanimatedpt2.jpg

Heres my suggestion for next time.Id love to see everyones take on this
Boba_Fett_Inks.jpg
AMAZING. and I love the suggestion for the next one.

What he said,..
Or if your a law abiding citizen you can go the free trial route.When the free trial for photoshop is up try painter,when painter is up try paint shop pro,..
Or just get gimp.

spideyanimatedpt2.jpg

Boba_Fett_Inks.jpg

:wow: I can't even imagine how great it would be if it weren't a quickie :up:

I appreciate everyones compliments a lot,but to be honest I cheated it.People who color know whats up;) Its all just simple gradients on the suit with an overlay on top.(the overlay texture was from the magnified surface of an eggshell)Then the lasers are just an orange to red gradient that I duplicated 3 or four times and made those layers combinations of screen and hardlight, softlight, etc..Thats what gives it the glow effect.
Theres really nothing to it,..Technique trumps talent every time.I dont mean that in a derogatory sense but with a smaller piece like this theres no point in getting detailed with the painting.It wont glean through.

There's nothing wrong with using textures. I do it if I feel like I need it.

I suck at coloring pics and theres no cheating in coloring

here's my attempt. you can definitely tell i'm nowhere near in the same league as Ed and the rest, but I'm trying to get there.

superman2it4.jpg

not bad ComicChick, I like his eyebeams

thanks dew

i tried something that ed had mentioned in his post. i did an inner glow or something like that to a duplicate layer :huh:

What he said,..
Or just get gimp.

spideyanimatedpt2.jpg

Damn!:up:

NEW LINE ART

OK, I know it's been a lil less than a week, but I figured it's time for something new.

I know not everyone is going to like the characters or subject matter posted, but I am going to try and post a variety of different ones. The ones who seem to get more ppl coloring will be posted more.

Also, if you have any suggestions for characters and etc, PM me!

Anyways, here's a Hulk/Daredevil pairing by Finch. Enjoy

scan0002copiahs2.jpg

Full Size Below
scan0002copiasy2.jpg

Idea up for grabs;
How would yall feel if I started posted 2 linearts a week? One easier and one a lil tougher?

I think the 2 lineart idea is good, cuz it's also good for people who may not like the lineart that was chosen.

here's my attempt. you can definitely tell i'm nowhere near in the same league as Ed and the rest, but I'm trying to get there.

superman2it4.jpg

I like this one, it has sort of a vintage comic look to it because the colors aren't too bright, but they're not dull either. It's a nice balance. Great job :up:

Heres a few tutorials from Sean Ellery's website that show how he colors.(Sean use to post here)All 3 of them proved useful to me but especially the tut on creating muscles with gradients.
http://www.seanellery.com/tutorial/tutorial.html
If you bother to check out the rest of his site he has a great selection of high res lineart to color.And his gallery of colored pieces is second to none.

I dig this one.Daredevil was a pain to color tho,..
HDDfinal.jpg

Took a break from being pissed off at my thesis to give this one a quick try.

Hulkcolor.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"