The Hype Concert Thread and Photo Album

ComicChick

I Work Too Much
Staff member
Reaction score

rwhg2Tx.jpg

I have worked at a concert venue since 2008 merchandising as a side gig, so i've gotten to listen to some amazing concerts over the years. i know there are a lot of big music/broadway/misc show fans out there and here's a great place to show off some of the pics you've taken.

Would be also a great place to talk about your favorite shows, artists and shows you'd love to see etc. Will also be sharing tour information on artists as well.

Do you remember your first concert?
What was your last?

The first concert i went to was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles lol. It was 1989 or 1990. It was like half music/half action adventure on stage lol. all i remember from it is asking my mom why they had shoes on. she said so they wouldn't get splinters from the stage. little 4/5 year old CC was okay with that.

The last one i went to was Gladys Knight in 2022. That was a bucket list item for me. She did a shorter set as she was very under the weather at the time, but she sounded amazing. My parents played a lot of motown in the house when i was little and i've always loved her voice.

First concert I ever went to was Kiss back in 2000. Skid Row opened and Ted Nugent was the middle act. They set a really high bar for any other shows I've been too.

Since then I've seen

Dave Matthews Band that was free in Central Park

ZZ Top
The Killers
Gary Clark Jr

I don't go to often lol. I'm scroll through my Facebook photos to see if I have any good photos or videos.

The Killers put on a really good show

First concert was Iron Maiden, Dio and Motorhead in 2004/5. My friends and I ditched school so we could attend. It was amazing! It was originally going to be Guns N Roses in 2002 but the tour was cancelled; I still have the stub for that one. I think Megadeth was going to be another one but I didn't actually get a ticket as the show was 18+.

My last concert was Tarja (ex- Nightwish). I drove up to LA and then to Berkley; I made a road trip out of those two shows. It took me along the Pacific Coast Highway through various towns and I ended up going to Big Sur and Monterey. I also got to visit the Winchester House.

Here are some pictures I took from Tarja and drummer Alex Holzwart. I got way more in my IG, I've taken an interest in concert photography.

Picsart_23-06-28_09-21-17-422.jpg Picsart_23-07-09_18-44-12-493.jpg Picsart_23-07-11_14-10-58-254.jpg

^great photos @sdgrandia86

found these gems from a free Gretchen Wilson concert she did on base back in 2008. look at the amazing quality lol. these are the better ones so i can't complain too much

fXEDEwA.jpg

lr6Ah0D.jpg

lObcY3H.jpg

ghXmFqu.jpg

all i really remember from the show was that it was really hot. the crowd was really into it though. she played a lot of songs, i think a few covers too

worked for Kiss back in 2009. the pyrotechnic booms were bouncing off the walls. wish these were better and bigger, but sign of the phone cam quality of the times lol

K8lIycz.jpg

KqZ3BnR.jpg

FrNeidQ.jpg

UbFxyxu.jpg

I found a video of the ZZ Top concert I went to about 5 years ago. Meh quality

As for the above post, Kiss was my first concert ever.

Some merch trucks I offloaded in 2012 for shows I worked:

Toby Keith
Ww2XbzV.jpg

Brad Paisley
U2uqv1r.jpg

Luke Bryan
7ccy0nb.jpg

Rascal Flatts
aV32DhE.jpg

Gloriana Stage Set up to Open, but I can't remember who they opened for. Rascal Flatts maybe?
a89Cdac.jpg

i have lots of pictures of merch from shows and booths set ups showing them, but i don't know if any of those are particularly interesting enough to post lol

Last edited:
Soooooooo......I heard that The Rolling Stones are doing a concert tour and I got to thinking.

If a music group started their careers in 1900 and it lasted as long as the Stones did and then the Stones got their group together (which they did in 1962). There would be 2 bands that spanned the time between 1900 and now.

They've been around for awhile.......62 years to be exact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"