The Hype Mole 3: "Bombs Away"

I hope you guys are right because my clue was utter crap.

The 1st clue was this:

Four puzzle aficionados have cooked up a challenge for you. Of the five statements, only one is true. Can you figure out which person prefers each kind of puzzle?

(And don't forget, one statement only is true...the others are false).

1 - Jillian prefers either math puzzles or crosswords, and Jeff loves matchstick puzzles.
2 - Either Camilla or Charles prefers word-search puzzles
3 - The matchstick puzzle person is Charles, Jeff, or Jillian
4 - Either Charles or Jillian prefers word-search puzzles; the other prefers math puzzles
5 - Camilla likes either crosswords or math puzzles

Answer is Camilla - matchstick puzzles, Jeff - crosswords, Charles - Math puzzles, and Jillian - word search puzzles...you can tell this because only statement #4 is correct. The rest are false.

This was assigned to SsM. He answered correctly. He gets a mole clue.

2nd clue was:

Take the number of states before Alaska was added. Double that and add the number of seasons. Then subtract the number of Ali Baba's thieves, not counting Ali Baba. Divide by the number of days in the month of February in a leap year plus 1. Cube the results. What do you get?

48 states before Alaska times 2 is 96. Plus 4 is 100. Ali Baba had 40 thieves, so 100 - 40 is 60. 29 days are in Feb in a leap year, and plus 1 is 30, so 60/30 = 2. 2 cubed is 8. Thus, the answer is 8. 8 was the clue.

This was assigned to Nell2ThatIzzay, but was locked in by The-Dark-Knight out of sequence. Nell2ThaIzzay will get no clue.

3rd clue was:

imagestx.jpg

This is a picture of King Louis XV. The clue was 15.

This was assigned to KALEL114. He answered and locked correctly. He gets a mole clue.

4th clue was:

Felicity had two pairs of twins twice. How many children did this make?

Twins are 2, a pair of twins is 4. She had 2 pairs, so that is 8 children. Since she did this twice, the answer is 16. The clue was 16.

This was assigned to The-Dark-Knight, but was locked in out of sequence by Nell2ThaIzzay. The-Dark-Knight will not receive a mole clue.

5th clue was:

When my dad was 30, I was 7. He is now twice as old as I am. How old am I?

This is mostly trial and error at first, but add 16 years to their ages, and he is 23 when the dad is 46. The clue was 23.

This was assigned to The Squirrel. He answered and locked correctly. He gets a mole clue.

6th clue was:

image2u.jpg

Recognize this man? It is Douglas Adams. Author of the famous Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. In the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the answer to life, the universe, and everything is...42. The clue, was 42.

This was assigned to Rocker22. He answered and locked in correctly. He gets a mole clue.

I'm generous, so YOU HAVE STOPPED THE BOMB!!! But, the improper sequences pushers endangered everyone by blindly posting a number without a clue to double check, so they get no clue. You guys got lucky and made your Losites nervous :o

Of course, the pattern was obvious once a few answers were got, and they were designed that way to aid in you decifering the bomb's sequence in case you got stumped. These are numbers that are common on the island, and perhaps can aid you in clue(s)elsewhere.

Mole quizzes will be issued tonight...after I watch some Cavs basketball...and Mole clues will be sent either later tonight or tomorrow...which ever is more conveniant for me :o

They're better than you :o

But...they suck up. I love being sucked up to :cmad:

Establishment...establishment...you always know what's best!

The 1st clue was this:

Four puzzle aficionados have cooked up a challenge for you. Of the five statements, only one is true. Can you figure out which person prefers each kind of puzzle?

(And don't forget, one statement only is true...the others are false).

1 - Jillian prefers either math puzzles or crosswords, and Jeff loves matchstick puzzles.
2 - Either Camilla or Charles prefers word-search puzzles
3 - The matchstick puzzle person is Charles, Jeff, or Jillian
4 - Either Charles or Jillian prefers word-search puzzles; the other prefers math puzzles
5 - Camilla likes either crosswords or math puzzles

Answer is Camilla - matchstick puzzles, Jeff - crosswords, Charles - Math puzzles, and Jillian - word search puzzles...you can tell this because only statement #4 is correct. The rest are false.

This was assigned to SsM. He answered correctly. He gets a mole clue.

2nd clue was:

Take the number of states before Alaska was added. Double that and add the number of seasons. Then subtract the number of Ali Baba's thieves, not counting Ali Baba. Divide by the number of days in the month of February in a leap year plus 1. Cube the results. What do you get?

48 states before Alaska times 2 is 96. Plus 4 is 100. Ali Baba had 40 thieves, so 100 - 40 is 60. 29 days are in Feb in a leap year, and plus 1 is 30, so 60/30 = 2. 2 cubed is 8. Thus, the answer is 8. 8 was the clue.

This was assigned to Nell2ThatIzzay, but was locked in by The-Dark-Knight out of sequence. Nell2ThaIzzay will get no clue.

3rd clue was:

imagestx.jpg

This is a picture of King Louis XV. The clue was 15.

This was assigned to KALEL114. He answered and locked correctly. He gets a mole clue.

4th clue was:

Felicity had two pairs of twins twice. How many children did this make?

Twins are 2, a pair of twins is 4. She had 2 pairs, so that is 8 children. Since she did this twice, the answer is 16. The clue was 16.

This was assigned to The-Dark-Knight, but was locked in out of sequence by Nell2ThaIzzay. The-Dark-Knight will not receive a mole clue.

5th clue was:

When my dad was 30, I was 7. He is now twice as old as I am. How old am I?

This is mostly trial and error at first, but add 16 years to their ages, and he is 23 when the dad is 46. The clue was 23.

This was assigned to The Squirrel. He answered and locked correctly. He gets a mole clue.

6th clue was:

image2u.jpg

Recognize this man? It is Douglas Adams. Author of the famous Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. In the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the answer to life, the universe, and everything is...42. The clue, was 42.

This was assigned to Rocker22. He answered and locked in correctly. He gets a mole clue.

I'm generous, so YOU HAVE STOPPED THE BOMB!!! But, the improper sequences pushers endangered everyone by blindly posting a number without a clue to double check, so they get no clue. You guys got lucky and made your Losites nervous :o

Of course, the pattern was obvious once a few answers were got, and they were designed that way to aid in you decifering the bomb's sequence in case you got stumped. These are numbers that are common on the island, and perhaps can aid you in clue(s)elsewhere.

Mole quizzes will be issued tonight...after I watch some Cavs basketball...and Mole clues will be sent either later tonight or tomorrow...which ever is more conveniant for me :o

Wouldn't we need the clues BEFORE the quizzes:huh:

If that makes you happy :cmad:

But it'll come later :o

Indeed...but boo anxious people not locking in turn :o

We had a sexy party!!!

But they stopped the bomb, but two people did their number out of sequence and don't get a clue :o

Unfortunately...I wanted people to die :csad:

Clues are sent...I'll work on the quiz now :up:

What happens if the bomb goes off? Every player gets blown off to pieces?

Losties on the island would have been brutally injured :csad:

But, it got defused :up:

Mole quizzes have been sent out...get them in, and the first SF hosted mission will be completed and awesome :up:

I say if none of these pansies let nothing explode during the rest of the game ban them from future Hype Mole games. Pansies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"