The Hype Mole 3: FINALE!!!

Discussion in 'The Hype Archives' started by Spider-Fan, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Nell2ThaIzzay Registered

Congrats Kalel.

Rocker, you did a great job as the mole.

This being my first try at the Hype Mole, I didn't know just how deeply to look into a lot of clues. I didn't get a lot of clues, period, because I didn't win the competitions or what have you. I feel that I figured it out early - the Orion clue gave it away for me (tho chaseter said I didn't get it until 2 quizzes later - I thought I started voting for Rocker22 as the mole at that point?). The rock clue just cemented it for me (and not for the reasons chaseter stated - I saw a bunch of rocks, connected it to "rocker", and went from there).

But Rocker, you played it great. You lied about interests and ages, and that's what really took me out of the game. In fact, I know one thing that killed me.

I got the part of the 4 part clue that was November 30, 1982. I thought that was Rocker's REAL birthday, and I started answering that whenever the question of your birthday came up. I had no clue about 1985. I just knew it wasn't 1986 like you said.

I definitely would like to be a part of this next time. I really didn't think I'd get past the first couple rounds (I was surprised to get past the first round), and when I got as far as I did, I really wanted to win it. But Kalel was the better player - congrats man.

I would definitely be interested in seeing everyone's bios posted. I didn't base mine on anything from Lost, as I've never seen the show. I actually based my bio on the character I played in Fallout 3, just altered a bit to fit into the Lost theme (I.E. Amanda = Amata).

I had fun with it. Thanks chaseter and Spider-Fan for running a good game, and thanks to everyone who played for all the fun. Look forward to being a part of the next one.

2. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Getting far as a rookie in hype games is a great feeling. I did far better in my first game of Survivor than I did Mole though. My first mole go, I got the mole right on the 1st round of the game but wasn't around a computer during a quiz and got outed in 5th in the game for it :csad:

Kal is a tough guy to beat at this though. Losing to him is not really a bad thing. He's the Michael Jordan of Hype Mole right now.

3. Rocker22 Registered

Like I had told you I felt he had won already and I really didn't have the time to take to make up a better clue.:o:csad:

4. chaseter Esteemed Member

You were only two votes from winning.

5. chaseter Esteemed Member

Chewy:

Name: Hugh Michael Jackman
    Male/Female: Male
    Date of Birth: 12 October 1968
    Town/State from: Sydney, Australia
    Body Type/Build: "Jack"ed
    Race/Ethnicity: White
    Marital Status: Married
    Relatives: Deborra-Lee Furness (wife), Richard Bradshaw (brother-in-law/stunt double)
    Hobbies: Hosting the Oscars
    Favorite movie/actor/actress/singer: X-Men Origins: Wolverine/Hugh Jackman/Deborra-Lee Furness/Hugh Jackman
    Favorite sport: Dancing
    Favorite superhero and why: Wolverine, because he's Badass
    Educational background: 1991 Graduate from University of Technology, Sydney; 1994 Graduate from Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts
    Criminal record: Can't remember
    Hates: Things that aren't Badass; Magnets; Internet Piracy; Cyclops
    Favorite TV show/food/restraunt: Correlli/Sushi/Restaurants that serve sushi
    Why were you on the flight?: X-Men Origins: Wolverine Promotional Tour, private jet wasn't working

Ahura Mazda

Name: Reza Nourri

Date of Birth: November 12, 1980

Town/State from: My family is from Tehran but had to flee because of the revolution and I was therefore born in Los Angeles. I however went to school in Le Rosey in Switzerland and currently reside in Europe. I do travel continuously for business.

Body Type/Build: Average for someone who takes care of himself

Race/Ethnicity: Persian

Marital Status: Single

Relatives (write a couple of lines about some relatives you are close to or distant with): I am distant from my father after I wrested his business empire from him (leaving him a billionaire but no control over the conglomerate he built specializing in banking, real estate and LBOs) but remain close to my mother. My father has recently been reaching out to me to try and patch up things and for the love of my mother I am going to try.

Hobbies: I like to play poker for fun and dabble in movie production now and again

Favorite movie/actor/actress/singer: My favorite was Sarah Shahi but only because I had a fling with in the past and not because I think she is all that talented. I think based ion talent alone my favorite actor would be Robert de Niro and my favorite group would be Led Zeppelin. However, my tastes can be eclectic and I enjoy a variety of actors and singers and genres.

Favorite sport: Golf

Favorite superhero and why: I always enjoyed the Hulk because he was able to do what he wanted with no fear of consequences whereas I always felt bound by my family and notably my families’ social status.

Educational background: I have a LLB degree from Jesus College in Oxford and an MBA from Insead in fontainebleau.

Criminal record: What criminal record and I am offended to be even asked if I have one.

Hates: Pettiness and incompetence

Favorite TV show/food/restraint: I watch a few TV shows which I get on DVD or Blu-ray disc now like Prison Break, Lost and House. I have a wide selection. Regarding food, my favorite, despite the fact I eat in Michelin star restaurants all the time, is Persian food made by my cook Abdi who travels with me. MY favourite restaurant is La Table de Joel Robuchon in Paris for its deserts.

Why were you on the flight?: Unfortunately, my 767-300 had some mechanical issues and as I am set to meet with my father in Los Angeles tomorrow I do not want to wait for another plane in our fleet to come get me This flight just came in handy and I can bring myself to fly commercial as I remember doing it as a student. I just hope first class service has improved since then.

Majic Walrus
    Name: Harrison James

Date of Birth: 11/11/1977

Town/State from: Long Beach, CA

Body Type/Build: Medium, out of shape

Race/Ethnicity: Caucasian

Marital Status: Married

Relatives (write a couple of lines about some relatives you are close to or distant with):

Nyssa is my wife. She recently accepted a job as a professor of anthropology at Oxford in England. She and our son Sullivan had just left our home for Oxford last week.

Yvette Stanley is my sister. She is a marine biologist working out of Sydney University. She was recently diagnosed with inoperable cancer. She and I are very close. Yvette wears an octopus necklace I gave her when we were in college together. She calls him Hubert Octet.

Hobbies: Poker. Lying.

Favorite movie/actor/actress/singer:

Movie - Casablanca

Actor - Humphrey Bogart

Actress - Marilyn Monroe
    Singer - Frank Sinatra
    Favorite sport: Poker.

Favorite superhero and why: Batman, because he understand how the mind works.

Educational background:

Undergraduate — psychology degree from the University of Maryland
    Masters — degree in abnormal psychology from Temple University
    Doctorate — degrees in clinical psychology and behavioral analysis from NYU

Criminal record: None

Hates: Surprises, birthday parties. especially surprise birthday parties.

Favorite TV show/food/restraunt
    TV Show - Lie to Me
    Food - Roast Pork Lo Mein
    Resturant - Red Flower Chinese Resturant outside of Long Beach

Why were you on the flight?: Visiting Yvette, probably for the last time.

SsM
    Name: Andrew Cochran
    Date of Birth: April 14th, 1984
    Town/State from: Houston, Texas
    Body Type/Build: Slender but muscular
    Race/Ethnicity: Eastern European decent.
    Marital Status: Once Married(briefly), Spouse now Deceased (Hit and run)
    Relatives: My parents were killed when I was just a baby, My sister had taken care of me until she died of leukemia while I was away at college... I did not know she was even sick.
    Hobbies: Drawing and I also LOVE cooking.
    Favorite movie/actor/actress/singer: The Last Crusade, Sean Connery, Madeline Stow, James Hetfield
    Favorite sport: Baseball with Hockey a close second
    Favorite superhero and why: Green Lantern(before they ****ed him up as parralax) He was the first comic my sister bought for me when I was around four or five.
    Educational background: 3.8 in High school, Currently Studying Criminal Psychology
    Criminal record: None, Well... one time when I was in like 6th grade on a school trip I stole something from six flags and got caught... but that's it...
    Hates: Hate is such a strong word, but I dislike people that try to preach about things they know little to nothing about, AND when people walk in through doorways clearly marked: EXIT ONLY and walk out of the damned entrance!
    Favorite TV show/food/restaurant : 24, Beef Lo Mien,
    Why were you on the flight?: Just trying to escape tragedy after tragedy in my life now that I am alone.

You better make me the mole Or so help me God I will hunt you down, but I won't kill you.. No... Death will be too good for you two. >D

6. The-Dark-Knight Registered

Wheres the rest?

7. chaseter Esteemed Member

I accidentally deleted them:(

8. Majic Walrus Faster than an Iceberg.

I'm glad I was saved.

9. The Squirrel Le Rongeur

Yes! I am safe! :woot:

10. TEDDY Da BEAR!

Good question.

11. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I still have some of them. Including your's Squirrel :cmad:

Who's have not been posted yet? I'll post the other ones I have!

12. The-Dark-Knight Registered

Squirrel, Myself and SSM so far.

13. SsM Stuff?

Haha, I forgot how depressing I made my Bio :(

14. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I don't have TDK's, but I don't think I was ever sent it. Here are the other ones I have that I didn't see posted:

Asteroid-Man
    Name: El Tea
    Date of Birth: May 25th, 1977
    Town/State from: Springfield,OH
    Body Type/Build: Built, 6'10"
    Race/Ethnicity: Of tanned ethnicity
    Relatives (write a couple of lines about some relatives you are close to or distant with): None known. Was amancipated out of an adoption agency
    Hobbies: Strategizing
    Favorite movie/actor/actress/singer: Saving Private Ryan, Will Smith, Will Smith
    Favorite sport: Soccer
    Favorite superhero and why: Punisher, he's relatable. No family and kills people with a gun.
    Educational background: Educated in an orphanage, in martial arts, and in the army
    Criminal record: Clean. I kill criminals
    Hates: International Criminals
    Favorite TV show/food/restraunt: 24 and the Mandarin
    Why were you on the flight?: I was headed to a top secret facility to breach it, get close enough to the head as a personal body guard and either question him, kidnap him or kill him depending on the situation surrounding my landing. The UN jet was in for repairs.

The Squirrel
    Name:
    Philip J. Boston
    Male/Female:
    Male
    Date of Birth:
    September 22, 1979
    Town/State from:
    Dallas, Texas, United States
    Body Type/Build:
    5ft10inches, thin, but good build. I work out twice a week.
    Race/Ethnicity:
    Caucasian, but I come from Italian decent. The olive skin kinda shows through, and I have the jet black hair.
    Marital Status:
    Single, but I am in a steady relationship with my girlfriend Alissa. We've been dating for two years.
    Relatives (write a couple of lines about some relatives you are close to or distant with):
    I am the middle child, with an older brother and a younger sister. Both my parents are alive, and still married. My parents live up in Maine, but I keep in regular contact with them. My sister, Jill, still lives with them. And my brother, Michael, is a television writer out in California.
    Journalist with the Dallas Morning News.
    Hobbies:
    I spend my free time at local bars, drinking and betting on pool matches. I'm a pretty good pool player. Other than that, I am working on a movie script. I email drafts to my brother to get his ideas and comments. Most of my other time is spent covering stories for the paper, though if I can squeeze in a Dallas Mavericks game, I will.
    Favorite movie/actor/actress/singer:
    I think my favorite movie has to be the first Die Hard, Bruce Willis is the man, and that is a great action film. The best band in the world is Dream Theater.
    Favorite sport:
    Basketball
    Favorite superhero and why:
    The Green Lantern. I know that everyone expects Superman, because I'm a journalist, but come on, having a magic ring like that would be awesome.
    Educational background:
    I graduated high school from Camden Hills Regional High School in Rockport, Maine. I went to college at the University of Texas in Austin for journalism.
    Criminal record:
    Unfortunately I have one DWI on my record. I got pulled over one night on the way home from the bar after having a little to much to drink from celebrating my victories at pool that night.
    Hates:
    Anything on the Disney channel, The San Antonio Spurs, and Republicans.
    Favorite TV show/food/restraunt
    The Sopranos, Italian food (of course), my favorite restaurant is this authentic Italian place called Jimmy's Pizza and Pasta.
    Why were you on the flight?:
    I was sent to Sydney to cover the world's first ever Albino Kangaroo in Sydney's Zoo. It was a rather boring assignment, but who would turn down a free trip to Australia? Plus, Alissa and I had just gotten into a big argument about her moving into my apartment, so it was a chance to get a away and give us both time to clear our heads.

Dark Helmet

Name: Oobedoob Scooby Dooby Benubi

Date of Birth: 12 / 25 / 1983

Town/State from: Orlando / Florida

Body Type/Build: Tall & Skinny

Race/Ethnicity: German / White

Mom, Dad, lonely child

Hobbies: Movies, Video Games, TV Shows

Favorite movie/actor/actress/singer: Don't really have a favorite one of these

Favorite sport: Football

Favorite superhero and why: The Hulk & because the madder he gets the more bad ass he gets

Educational background: Some college

Criminal record: Clean

Hates: Kids

Favorite TV show/food/restraunt: Chuck & Lost & Supernatural

Why were you on the flight?: Vacation

Nell2ThaIzzay

Name: Malcolm Shell
    Date of Birth: February 26, 1982
    Town/State from: Los Angeles, CA
    Body Type/Build: Athletic
    Race/Ethnicity: White
    Marital Status: Currently unmarried to his girlfriend
    Relatives: Mother died giving birth to Malcolm, was raised by his single father, who was a doctor. Malcolm remained close to his father growing up, but when Malcolm turned 18, they grew apart as Malcolm's father grew more and more attatched to his work.
    Hobbies: Hunting, and target shooting, skydiving, bungee jumping, and other "extreme" activities.
    Favorite movie/actor/actress/singer: "Count of Monte Cristo" / Bruce Willis / Sigourney Weaver / Jim Morrison
    Favorite sport: Football
    Favorite superhero and why: Superman - Malcolm tries to escape from his own mortality by fantacising about being indestructable
    Educational background: Attended UCLA, but never earned his degree.
    Criminal record: N/A
    Hates: Bad movies, Hip Hop, and non-whites (is a discrete racist)
    Favorite TV show/food/restraunt: TV Show = "24" (fantacises about replicating Jack's bad-assery) | Food = Italian | Restaurant = Olive Garden
    Why were you on the flight?: Malcolm Shell began traveling the world, seeking adventure. He had large financial support from his father, who supported him greatly in his early years. Malcolm's desire for adventure kept him emotionally distant from his girlfriend, Amanda, whom he had met at UCLA. While he was vacationing in Australia, Amanda decided it was best for the 2 of them to break up. Malcolm immediately boarded a flight back to L.A., with the hopes of meeting with Amanda and trying to work things out with her.

15. chaseter Esteemed Member

Dark Helmet's was pretty lame-o:o

16. Dark Helmet Registered

Your face is lame-o :o

17. SsM Stuff?

He should have been disqualified for wasting your time with that bio.

18. The-Dark-Knight Registered

I like how Nell's talks about Malcolm as the 3rd person.

19. chaseter Esteemed Member

Because Nell is really Mr. Ripley:eek:

20. Dark Helmet Registered

With the way you take everything so seriously you should be banned from online completely

21. SsM Stuff?

I take very little seriously online my annoying little friend :p

22. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Dark Helmet's was pretty fail...I almost feel bad about posting it :csad:

23. Dark Helmet Registered

Every single one of your posts are Epic Fails :o

24. Ahura Mazda Registered

I am sorry I participated so badly but it really got busy for me those days when it was on.

Well done to all.

25. The-Dark-Knight Registered

Dark Helmet how old are you out of curiosity?