The Hype Mole 3 - LOST Edition Signups

chaseter

Esteemed Member
Reaction score
mole33.jpg

It's that time again...for the Hype Mole 3! Hosted by myself and Spider-Fan:wow:

This mole is a special LOST themed edition. The game play will be exactly the same but with a little flair. Don't worry, you don't have to watch the show to win this game but most of the missions will be inspired from the show that eats away slowly at my time and life:up: If you aren't familiar with the show or need help on a particular challenge, lostpedia.com is a wonderful source:woot:

The special LOST themed rules:
15 players are chosen, one of them is an Other. The Other is a double agent within your group that is working to take out you all one by one while trying to keep their identity a secret. Each mission has a reward in the form of a clue to the true identity of the Other amongst you. It is the Other's job to thwart or sabotage any efforts at uncovering their identity. After each mission, a quiz about that mission and the Other's involvement is issued and the player with the lowest score is executed. In the event of a tie for last, the pm(s) first received will take precedence. The Other will always score 100% and will therefore not be eliminated. Quiz scores or answers will never be given after any mission.

At the end, 2 players remain. It is then up to the 13 executed players to submit their vote as to who they think the Other is. If the majority chooses the Other, then the survivor did a good job at uncovering their identity and therefore wins. If the majority chooses the survivor, then the Other did a good job at keeping their identity a secret and therefore wins.​

Your outcome in this game is solely up to you. There is always more than one way aside from mission clues to uncover the Other's true identity. So, be vigilant, pay attention, and always mind your surroundings.

Remember, only stuff given or sent by myself or Spider-Fan is official. The main rules about this game is that there are none. Lie, cheat, backstab, or slither your way to the top! Each mission will have its own set of instructions that will be outlined.

Glossary for dumbies:
Other = mole
Survivor = rest of you

This is the sign up thread so say you sign up and get to work on creating your character bio. Remember, pm everything to Spider-Fan and myself to make sure one of us gets it. A guest judge will decide which 15 players will be playing. Sign ups will be for two weeks so this ends Monday, May 4th.

The Players
Asteroid-Man
Dark Helmet
The-Dark-Knight
The Squirrel
Rocker22
SsM
Majic Walrus
Ahura Mazda
Nell2ThaIzzay
Chewy
KALEL114

Last edited:
You will be making a character bio for your person on the island. This bio must be very detailed and include such things as real places, events, etc. We need this information to help formulate clues and such that will be used during the course of this game. Your character bio should be formulated like this:

Name:
Male/Female:
Date of Birth:
Town/State from:
Body Type/Build:
Race/Ethnicity:
Marital Status:
Relatives (write a couple of lines about some relatives you are close to or distant with):
Hobbies:
Favorite movie/actor/actress/singer:
Favorite sport:
Favorite superhero and why:
Educational background:
Criminal record:
Hates:
Favorite TV show/food/restraunt
Why were you on the flight?:

For an example character, I did a brief bio sheet for Jack Shepard:

Name: Jack Shepard
Male/Female: Male
Date of Birth: ???
Town/State from: Los Angelas, California
Body Type/Build: Muscular, but not huge
Race/Ethnicity: White
Marital Status: Divorced
Relatives (write a couple of lines about some relatives you are close to or distant with): My father recently died, but we didn't get along very well toward the end. I recently divorced my wife, Sarah, whom fell in love with me partially for curing her paralysis. My mother is still alive, and we are on good terms with each other.
Reason you were on flight?: My father died in Australia, so I was bringing his body back to the states to bury him and bring closure to our relationship.

This is a basic example of what we're looking for. We'd like to see more detail than this, so the more detail and creativity you show, the more helpful you will be to myself and chase and the more points you will get!

Remember, this is the identity you will be adopting on the island, so make sure it is a character you are pleased with. Also, please refrain from using your personal information, because you may be chosen as the mole.

Time to work on my bio. Nice choice on theme chase. :up: This should be fun.

We will actually be using the bio's this time!!!

Yes. You will not be Squirrel, Kalel114, etc. You will be your character from hence forth when you put in your character sheet. Make sure you are pleased with it, and you role play it!!!

I've never signed up for one of these things and I'm interested, but my question would be about how much time I would have to devote to this.

I don't want to sign up for something I won't be able to realistically participate in as I don't think that's fair to the people organizing or the other participants.

There will be about 11 to 13 challenges with about 2 per week at least and each challenge won't be too tough or long so this will last about 6-7 weeks.

I will sign up. I haven't participated in, nor paid attention to, a Hype Mole in the past, but if it involves RP, I'm all about it.

I'll whip up a bio and submit it.

Don't worry if you don't see your name signed up yet in the first post. Your name will be formally added when you turn your character bio into chase and/or myself :up:

Don't worry if you don't see your name signed up yet in the first post. Your name will be formally added when you turn your character bio into chase and/or myself :up:

Awesome.

Any information regarding the scenario we need to know prior to creating our bios?

Such as, what is the destination of the plane that we are on?

The theme is Lost, so when in doubt, just use the Oceanic flight 815, destination Los Angelas (like in the show) :up:

Never seen the show :(

But we're going to L.A.?

I'll say yes, as to keep chase and I consistant with the show. I recommend Lost, as it is a great show, but if you want to know more about the show and to bone up before the game or as you make this, go to lostpedia.com...it is a great source for information regarding Lost :up:

EDIT: Also, like in the show, flight is from Australia to LA. Forgot to mention that it started in Australia.

Last edited:
I'll say yes, as to keep chase and I consistant with the show. I recommend Lost, as it is a great show, but if you want to know more about the show and to bone up before the game or as you make this, go to lostpedia.com...it is a great source for information regarding Lost :up:

EDIT: Also, like in the show, flight is from Australia to LA. Forgot to mention that it started in Australia.

Awesome, thanks.

I'll check out that lostpedia.com site and brush up a little bit. I know the basic premise of Lost - plane passengers stranded on a desert island, lots of flashbacks to their lives before the flight, explaining why they were all there, and Sawyer is the bad guy. :)

Awesome, thanks.

I'll check out that lostpedia.com site and brush up a little bit. I know the basic premise of Lost - plane passengers stranded on a desert island, lots of flashbacks to their lives before the flight, explaining why they were all there, and Sawyer is the bad guy. :)

Yeah... you need to get caught up. :hehe:

I think I will sign up and send in a bio if you think there is a chance I will be selected.

I think I will sign up and send in a bio if you think there is a chance I will be selected.

Anyone sending in a bio has a chance to make it into the game. Just be creative and wow us :up:

We have a few bios in (which I didn't expect so soon, lol)...but I'll let chase edit the signees post :up:

Keep em coming guys :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"