The Hype RPG 2007 Awards! Category Nominations

Just go with the normal award categories, but stretch them out to all RPG's.

I'd like to see a Best Hero and Best Villain award for DC, Marvel, and Misc. And then the big winner gets chosen from those three winners.
Same goes for a Best Multi-Player Arc and a Best Solo Arc. :up:

..that would be Johnny Blaze :o

Yeah! I am teh wiinerz!!1

I'd like to see a Best Hero and Best Villain award for DC, Marvel, and Misc. And then the big winner gets chosen from those three winners.
Same goes for a Best Multi-Player Arc and a Best Solo Arc. :up:

I think that is the best way to funnel it. Have each RPG have a poll for the awards, and then those winners go for the overall awards that are similar to what they won.

For a good amount of awards, that may be the best way to handle it.

Well, we can do it that way if you'd like. However we were going to make it less character and play centered, and more player centered.
The way you suggest would be regulating the little awards pitch those RPGs already do.

Well, we can do it that way if you'd like. However we were going to make it less character and play centered, and more player centered.
The way you suggest would be regulating the little awards pitch those RPGs already do.

Sorry, I'm not following. Care to rephrase, please?

Cause wouldn't the characters the players play and how they play them make them qualified for certain awards?

Well, they'd be nominated for their playing, not for the character they play.

For instance, Best Hero you'd nominate a character, the player would be the 'secondary' aspect of that.

If you pick the Bes Player in the hero Category, then you'd nominate the player.

So...What johnny and you are suggesting, if the Oscars were like that, you'd see it set up thusly:

Best Hero: Spider-man played by *whatever his name is*

Instead of what we kinda sorta figured it to be like:

Best Player in the Marvel Category: Electro UK, for his portrayal of Spider-Man.

^
Very rough example, I just woke up and am getting ready for work.

It should definitely be based off of the poster playing them. After all, it shouldn't be about playing favorites or what not. It should be given to the one you feel played true to their character's personality, supporting cast, and general abilities.

The awards haven't even started and already I'm getting them? Awesome!

Best Person Ever - Twylight.

If I didn't know you so well, I'd have you wipe the brown off your nose :oldrazz:

It should definitely be based off of the poster playing them. After all, it shouldn't be about playing favorites or what not. It should be given to the one you feel played true to their character's personality, supporting cast, and general abilities.

Saying this player got Best Hero, and saying they got Best player because of that hero sounds odd though. Obviously if they won Best Hero it wouldn't be picking favorites? Best player because of that hero they portrayed would make it easier to he picking favorites. :huh:

Like, I fail to see how a character can make the games biased, versus picking a player (like picking your best friend or something cause he is your best friend). I don't see how that reflects on the character rather player.

Well..discuss it..input is good...

Also we need a name, I suggest DTC(Darn The Coffee) Awards. :) Funniest name gets it :o

Ok, here's my award suggestions...

Best Multiple PC Story Arc (given to the most enjoyable RPG arc containing multiple PCs from any of the RPGs)

Best Solo Story Arc (given to the most enjoyable RPG arc with only one PC from any of the RPGs)

Best Hero (given to the poster who has shown to portray their hero accurately and in character from any of the RPGs)

Best Villain (given to the poster who has shown to portray their villain accurately and in character from any of the RPGs)

Best Developed Character (given to the poster who has developed their character the most while staying true to the character from any of the RPGs)

Best Fight (given to the best fight with multiple PCs from any of the RPGs)

Best Post (given to the single post that left a lasting impression when read from any of the RPGs)

Best New Roleplayer (given to the new RPGer who has made the biggest strides since first signing up from any of the RPGs)

Best DTLer Award (given to the DTL player who has contributed the most to the League, both while in matches and helping others out of matches)

MVP Award (given to the poster who has done the most a game OOC from any of the RPGs)

G.O.D. (Games Operational Director) Award (given to the GM or AGM who has done the best job in running their game(s) from any of the RPGs)

The "What A Twist" Award (given to the most surprising twist that took place this year from any of the RPGs)

Ok, here's my award suggestions...

Best Multiple PC Story Arc (given to the most enjoyable RPG arc containing multiple PCs from any of the RPGs)

Best Solo Story Arc (given to the most enjoyable RPG arc with only one PC from any of the RPGs)

Best Hero (given to the poster who has shown to portray their hero accurately and in character from any of the RPGs)

Best Villain (given to the poster who has shown to portray their villain accurately and in character from any of the RPGs)

Best Developed Character (given to the poster who has developed their character the most while staying true to the character from any of the RPGs)

Best Fight (given to the best fight with multiple PCs from any of the RPGs)

Best Post (given to the single post that left a lasting impression when read from any of the RPGs)

Best New Roleplayer (given to the new RPGer who has made the biggest strides since first signing up from any of the RPGs)

Best DTLer Award (given to the DTL player who has contributed the most to the League, both while in matches and helping others out of matches)

MVP Award (given to the poster who has done the most a game OOC from any of the RPGs)

G.O.D. (Games Operational Director) Award (given to the GM or AGM who has done the best job in running their game(s) from any of the RPGs)

The "What A Twist" Award (given to the most surprising twist that took place this year from any of the RPGs)

See, now I'm confused JB. You were siding with twy saying it shouldn't be stuff like "Best Hero" but the you put up your suggested list and put it. :huh:

I like the list though, good choice.

I'm just confused cause there was talk about making it for the player, not the character. Even though when you vote for the best hero or villain character it is obviously because of the player's skill of that character...

I'ma gonna let ya'll figure it out, more input from others would be appreciated or...Johnny, Byrd and I can just do it ALL on our own...But we might have some weird Awards going out. o_O

I'm still pushing for a 'Best Themed Avatar for Character played'

I'm still pushing for a 'Best Themed Avatar for Character played'

I'm all for it. Family Guy Aquaman pwns all though so I must warn you. :o

Then again, not many people's avatar coincide with their characters. Mine does oddly enough cause I love my sig quote. :D

Sometimes I have a [lame] Dinah avatar...I did for all of last year..:o

But this year was Gwens year ^_^

Or...the Hellblazer! Dur hur hur!

No seriously. I'm having trouble with my avy. I can't get it to be any bigger. :(

In this forum, you can only have certain sizes avatar with a certain amount of posts. I believe the it goes 300, to 3000, to 6000 for the 3 avatar sizes. I believe there is a post Drakon made though somewhere in the SHH Community forums.

Don't complain, once upon a time 50x50 was the only size for any user...

I still have my original Avatar saved in Photobucket.

The larger avatar sizes only came after forum update of '04

Now I recall the sizes for the 3 sets. 50x50 if you have at least 300 posts, 80x80 if you have 3000 posts at least, and 6000+ is the 100x100 size.

Don't complain, once upon a time 50x50 was the only size for any user...

I still have my original Avatar saved in Photobucket.

The larger avatar sizes only came after forum update of '04

No complaints here. Just ignorance. :cmad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"