The Hype TV Club Discussion Thread

ComicChick

I Work Too Much
Staff member
Reaction score
As those who lurk the Community Forum are aware, we've had regular skype chat calls with various members for the past 3-4 years or so, if not longer. For those who weren't aware... now you know! :awesome:

We're trying something new in 2015. This is a Hype Experiment! We all want to watch more televisions shows, and with so many on our respective queues, we have compiled a list of shows we have not seen, and using a random generator, a different show on the list will be chosen each month. This is just like a book club, if that makes it less confusing.

Each Month a thread will be created for each show. Any Hype members are welcome to join us in our viewing of these shows.

The only rules are
  • Only shows on the list will be selected
  • Only the first season is required for the monthly viewing. If a show has multiple seasons
  • Each show on the generator has a minimum of 10 episodes per season, or we will watch Seasons 1&2
  • ALL spoilers must be tagged as such, as none of us have seen these shows before
  • Any posts not following the spoiler rule as subject to Deletion

THE 2016 MASTER LIST

• Samurai Jack
  • Justified
  • Leverage
  • Sliders
  • Gundam Wing
  • Sons of Anarchy
  • Turn: Washington's Spies
  • Legends
  • Boardwalk Empire
  • Luther
  • Archer
  • Fargo
  • Alias
  • Sense8
  • Bloodline
  • Battlestar Galactica (2004)
  • Gargoyles
  • Orphan Black
  • Chuck
  • Band of Brothers/The Pacific

Note: This compiled list is NOT the order in which we will be watching. The list will be randomly generated every month, minus the shows already watched.

August's Show is....

CHUCK
http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?p=34035883
FwpuLSx.jpg

2016 TV Show Discussion Threads

January 2016 - Luther
February 2016 - Sliders
March 2016 - Bloodline
April 2016 - Archer
May 2016 - Band of Brothers
June 2016 - Boardwalk Empire
July 2016 - one month break
August 2016 Chuck
September
October
November
December

Last edited:
2015 TV Show Discussion Threads

January 2015 - Fringe
February 2015 Game of Thrones
March 2015 Firefly
April 2015 Bates Motel
May 2015 Hemlock Grove
June 2015 Nikita
July 2015 Bitten
August 2015 Farscape
September 2015 Twin Peaks
October 2015 Marco Polo
November 2015 Graceland
December 2015 Being Human (UK)

THE 2015 MASTER LIST
  • Fringe
  • Warehouse 13
  • Game of Thrones
  • Prison Break
  • Marco Polo
  • Person of Interest
  • Freaks and Geeks
  • Graceland
  • Bitten
  • Buffy
  • Hannibal
  • Hemlock Grove
  • Firefly
  • Being Human UK
  • Bates Motel
  • Farscape
  • Twin Peaks
  • Nikita

Last edited:
I believe in Harvey Dent, and also in this thread idea. Those Skype Crew kids sure are awesome and stuff.

This looks like it will be a lot of fun this year

Just the thread, E-Man? I see where you stand.

But yea, lets bring this.

Well, this might be a good excuse to finally watch Fringe! I've been pushing the Blu-Rays off since 2009...

Some of the other shows I've seen but it's been quite a while! I might actually participate in something for once.

awesome :up:

i hope to at least get the first episode in some time tomorrow

so i started watching the show :up:

how long are we waiting before we post without spoiler tags? i'm guessing after the first week, the first 4-5 episodes would be fair game to discuss freely?

I haven't gotten to watching any episodes yet, but I was planning on just doing a marathon of the whole season then talking about it. :p

Im gonna hijack the TV tomorrow to finish getting through the first 5 :up:

Also, yea, after the first week when we all should have had the chance to see those first 5 I think is fair.

i haven't gotten to watching any episodes yet, but i was planning on just doing a marathon of the whole season then talking about it. :p

if you have the time to do that, go for it lol. I'm trying to at least get the first 5 episodes done by wednesday

Watching the first episode again now, John Nolan really throws himself into his role.

really glad whoever suggested Fringe. i'm enjoying it more than i thought i would

The February show is.... Game of Thrones

What do you guys think about doing House of Cards for March? Season 3 is gonna come out this Friday.

the master list is in the OP

I feel bad for not being involved in this, I didn't have a job when I said I would participate lol. Although I have seen Game of Thrones, I totally missed out on Fringe though...

Can't wait for Person of Interest and Hannibal. Need an excuse to rewatch those yet again. :funny:

When y'all start to run out of shows, you should add BSG to the list. Just sayin'. :D

there's 18 shows on the list, 12 months in a year so some shows won't make the cut :eek:

however, that doesn't mean they can't be on the list when the 2015 list is made

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"