The Hype TV Club

Kristoff and Bill both seeing an obvious pedophile:

3lTm3g5.gif

I 1000% understand that Kristoff's girlfriend is in grad school, so her mentioning homework and being picked up from school isn't weird at all. But there is something about these conversations, that sound like he's dating a kid. :funny:
We are absolutely supposed to hate that relationship. :funny:

It amazes me how much Kristoff randomly looks like Cary Elwes on occasion. :funny:

You should take advantage of Apple TV+ while you've got it. Ted Lasso, Dickinson and For All Mankind are all great, and better than most stuff on the other streaming services, imo. The only reason I'm not a regular subscriber is because they simply don't have enough content to warrant it, but those shows alone warrant the occasional month or two subscription.
Meant to reply to this ages ago. Yeah, if I didn't get it with my phone contract I would likely still not have got it and often forget I have it. As for those shows I installed the app to watch Ted Lasso (girlfriend is a good friend of Hannah Waddingham) but haven't checked it since. What are the other shows about?

True Crime, or crime shows are my main passion. Documentaries are the best. I watch too much to binge something in big blocks unless it really grabs my attention. I record a lot of stuff so I can skip commercials. I rarely watch anything live unless it's on a streaming platform. I'm sure I've got some kind of adult ADD going on because I'm surfing on my tablet and reading my Kindle while I've got the TV going. I'm not bored in my retirement, lol.
Yes, I remember. :yay:

It's just not my thing at all. I don't even want to be entertained by anything to do with real crimes/fascinated by the minds involved etc. I've met quite a few people (all women coincidentally) massively into this, to the point of taking degree courses in criminology as adults. Just something where I don't quite get the appeal. I saw a Richard Ramirez documentary years ago that was... fascinating, and Silence of the Lambs also had something about it, but I think I'll stick to my safer made up fantasy/sci-fi/CBM worlds lol. Oh to add I never wanted to like gangster films either, but then Godfather and Goodfellas as exceptions made it impossible not to.

With you on the adult ADD though. I can never just do one thing at a time either. :D Retirement sounds awesome, can't wait for that! Glad you're enjoying it.

Gallows humor is one of the best ways to cope with this kind of stuff. Really.

Meant to reply to this ages ago. Yeah, if I didn't get it with my phone contract I would likely still not have got it and often forget I have it. As for those shows I installed the app to watch Ted Lasso (girlfriend is a good friend of Hannah Waddingham) but haven't checked it since. What are the other shows about?
Dickinson was one of our first TV Club (revival) shows, which is why I first watched it. It's about a young Emily Dickinson (Hailee Steinfeld) told through a modern comedic lens. Contemporary language, music, etc.

For All Mankind is a sci-fi drama that's a joint effort from Ronald D. Moore (Battlestar Galactica) and Naren Shankar (The Expanse). it's an alternate history based around the notion of how things might have gone if the Soviets had beaten the Americans to the moon and the Space Race never ended. Each season pretty much covers a decade following 1969, and they're into the 90's now, where the Cold War persists, and the race has pushed on to Mars.

Dickinson was one of our first TV Club (revival) shows, which is why I first watched it. It's about a young Emily Dickinson (Hailee Steinfeld) told through a modern comedic lens. Contemporary language, music, etc.

For All Mankind is a sci-fi drama that's a joint effort from Ronald D. Moore (Battlestar Galactica) and Naren Shankar (The Expanse). it's an alternate history based around the notion of how things might have gone if the Soviets had beaten the Americans to the moon and the Space Race never ended. Each season pretty much covers a decade following 1969, and they're into the 90's now, where the Cold War persists, and the race has pushed on to Mars.
Oh I think I was getting confused with that Sherlock thing - Enola or whatever it is. :D I’m quite clueless on new TV shows outside of the obvious geek stuff. In that case I may well try Dickinson. I like Hailee Steinfeld.

Also the sci-fi show sounds like it could be pretty great. Will also give it a look once my TV schedule calms down.

Funnily enough was coming back here because responding to your earlier post reminded me again that I have Apple TV and I had just done another check on all my streaming services and cable for any update on Superman & Lois. I absolutely never would have guessed but the show is available on Apple TV (UK) in full for free! I had lost access after it disappeared from cable and Prime started charging for it. I know you’re a fan of the show so now you can take credit for helping give it a boost. Gonna tell my sis too as she loves Superman TV stuff.

Oh I think I was getting confused with that Sherlock thing - Enola or whatever it is. :D I’m quite clueless on new TV shows outside of the obvious geek stuff. In that case I may well try Dickinson. I like Hailee Steinfeld.

Also the sci-fi show sounds like it could be pretty great. Will also give it a look once my TV schedule calms down.

Funnily enough was coming back here because responding to your earlier post reminded me again that I have Apple TV and I had just done another check on all my streaming services and cable for any update on Superman & Lois. I absolutely never would have guessed but the show is available on Apple TV (UK) in full for free! I had lost access after it disappeared from cable and Prime started charging for it. I know you’re a fan of the show so now you can take credit for helping give it a boost. Gonna tell my sis too as she loves Superman TV stuff.
Nice, take advantage while you can! :up:

I'm on the S2 premiere of MIndhunter right now, and I swear, no one has a knack for finding creepy classic songs like David Fincher. And if it's not creepy before, he makes it so (see Enya, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo). That Donovan song from Zodiac still haunts me. And "In Every Dream Home a Heartache" from this opener may be one of the creepiest songs I've ever heard.

Finished Mindhunter and it still holds its place as excellent TV. Anyone who enjoyed this should watch Dahmer. Another well produced series on Netflix. :)

October picks?

I nominate Midnight Mass, First Kill, Ghosts (UK or US), Only Murders, or X-Files.

Dahmer? The show was fantastic! (Unless it's too depressing after Mindhunter..)

I do have access to X-Files. I haven't watched it since it aired. I do recall liking it.

Dahmer? The show was fantastic! (Unless it's too depressing after Mindhunter..)

I do have access to X-Files. I haven't watched it since it aired. I do recall liking it.
Someone likes their serial killers. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"