The Hype's Women's Murder Club: Anesthetic Awareness

SML: Kel? Hon are you--

Kel: I'm...I'm fine

SML and Bella just look, not knowing what to do or say next for fear of Kel breaking down right there in the restaurant. Kel didn't even want to know what she looked like at that point. Fighting back tears in the hospital, breaking down in the parking lot before she pulled herself together to meet the girls. Her mascara was nonexistent, only some traces of the ashy remains on her cheeks. Kel rubbed off what she could, but she could care less at this point. To top it off, Tzarinna called to cancel with the girls, she had to take care of more matters at the hospital.

Kel did what she could but she knew she couldn't fake a smile or say she was doing great, she was fine though, now at least. She sat down and took out a menu.

Bella
: Where's Tzarinna?

Kel
: She can't come, she has to take *coughs* she has to take care of some matters at the hospital.

SML
: Do you want to talk about it sweetie?

Kel: It doesn't matter, you girls do have a right to know. Yes, she did die.

Kel was on the phone with the girls, texting back and forth until she got to the floor of the body. They were close to Riley. Just not to the extent of Tzarinna and Kel. She was family to Tzarinna's. Kel would've been surprised if she could have come to a public restaurant, at least without causing a scene of hysterical tearing.

SML and Bella let out a sigh, SML covering her mouth and Bella lowing her head, both in disbelief.

Bella: How did it happen?

Kel: Gun

SML: What? Did the catch the guy?

Bella: And what makes you think it was a guy?

SML and Bella are going at it again, Kel thought. Except this time, she really didn't feel like stopping them.

SML: It just doesn't sound like a weapon of choice for a woman.

Bella: Oh? And what would be exactly?

SML: Hmm, I don't know, a baseball bat perhaps? Car, pliers--

Bella: SML, those are weapons of choice used for cheating husbands you asshat!

SML
: And you would know that how?

Bella: Um..I'm a defense attorney? I deal with psychotic *****es wronged by their husbands on a weekly basis.

SML: Oh yeah...and the pliers are for...?

Bella: You have to ask?

Before SML could answer, she paused to look at Kel, Bella did too. Kel had a look on her face, staring straight at SML.

Bella: Kel?

SML: Kel?

Kel: ...A car...SML...A car?Why would you even say that if the victim was killed inside the hospital? A car just drove in a killed her? 4 stories up?

SML:....it....it could have been one of those little smart cars?the little orange,red, and white ones?

Bella:....

Kel
:.....

To their surprise, as well as Kel's for the most part, they burst out laughing, right there in the middle of the restaurant. Tears were streaming down Kel's face, but she didn't care, at least she wasn't sad or depressed at this point in time. It took awhile before one of them started coughing from laughing too hard or the other was wiping tears out of their eyes. It took everything they had not to start laughing again once they saw the faces of the other customers and the waiters gaping at them.

Bella: Nice to see the color back in your face Kel-bell.

Kel: Thanks hon. Whew geez I needed that.

SML: How are you feeling now?

Kel: Muuuch better. It just, it really isn't healthy for a person to feel all types of feelings at once, and all negative.

SML: Such as?

Kel: Frustration, sadness, depression.

Bella
: Frustration?

Kel: Ugh, it was earlier today, some new cop guy being all macho and full of himse---

SML
: Cop Guy?? Is he cute? How big is his gun?

Bella
: SML!

SML: No I mean it, I want to know how big his gun was, what what did you think I meant? *winks*

Kel: Ok guys, guys! Alright yes, he was cute, oh hell, the man was beautiful, I'll tell ya, but like nearly every good looking guy, he had a cocky edge to him, borderline wanting to punch him in the face type of cockyness...

SML:

Bella
: Shut up SML, go on Kel...

Kel: Something about him though, I mean, I couldn't quite put my finger on it. I mean when I fainted and felt his arms around my waist

Bella
: You fainted?? Hon--

SML
: Shut up Bella! Go on Kel...

Kel
: I...

Kel's phone rings, causing her to hold in a yelp and shifting her body in a different direction from where her feet were planted. She takes out her phone and signals a finger telling the girls hold on for a sec. She looks at the number, and she doesn't recognize it. She opens the phone, with a quizzical look on her face, before irony makes itself present when the caller speaks...

Caller
: Hi uh, Kel?

Kel: Uh um...Detective Summars?

Detective Summars
: Please, call me Seth.

Kel: What's wrong? Has something come up on the case?

Detective Summars
: Well, heh, this isn't exactly about the case.

-----------------------------------------------------

{Later that evening}

Stacey was glued to the monitor. She can't figure out why the hell she volunteered for the later clinic hours. Hardly anyone was here. She had finally gotten all of the arens done and was now typing in the paperwork into the computer. Checking, then double checking, she was almost free at last. Just need to put those damn clipboards back on the bed posts and she'd be free until the end of the week...

Suddenly, Stacey heard glass shattering across the hall from where she was standing. The sound caused her to look directly up, wide eyed and alert. This, also caused her to flick her wrist where the computer mouse was, deleting half of a highlighted outline.

"Dammit!" Stacey whispered. And the minute she let out the word, there was another movement, more like shifting now.

Someone was inside, and now they know she is in here with them. ****, she thought to herself. She had two options, explore the noise, or get out of there was stealthy as she could.

Another crash, it came from a window this time. The sound was closer. Much, much closer. Stacey started to panic. She put on her coat slowly, draped her purse over her shoulder, doing all of this without taking her eyes off of the hallway in front of her. She slowly started to walk sideways out from the cul de sac styled hospital counter, her eyes still glued to the hallway. She was going at a good rate until her hip hit the side of the counter and took her eyes away for a minute to look down and swear under her breath. When she looked up, the breath might as well have been knocked out of her, because she couldn't breath. Just a measly 6 or 7 feet away, was a man. A man dressed in head to toe black, and an all black mask covering his entire face. He was staring at her, his head cocked to one side.

They stood there for a moment, judging each other's next move. Stacey was afraid her eyes would give her away, so she just stood there, staring, waiting for the opportune moment to run to the fire exit a few feet to her right. She saw the man's head go up, his hand coming up, one finger going up to where his mouth should be, motioning her to stay silent.

She didn't. She took that slight hesitation from the man as she screamed to the top of her lungs and lunged for the exit. The man ran to grab her arm before she slung her purse in his face, causing him to hit the floor with a loud smack. He was out cold, she thought. She didn't stay to make sure. She ran down the flight of stairs, sans purse. She started running down as hard and fast as she could, her lungs burning the heavier her breathing became.

She was almost to the lower levels ( where there would be a phone) before she heard clunking come down the stairs. Almost metal on metal. She heard a WHOOSH as a gust of wind blew her hair out of her face and a metal chair clunk down into the ground. Then another came down, and another. Jesus, he was throwing metal chairs down the stairwell. They were aiming closer and closer to Stacey's body. She looked up briefly to see the man in black, holding up another chair, and...and waving at her. This time he threw down another and it grazed her shoulder slightly. She started running again. When then next chair came down, it didn't miss her. It slammed her shoulder hard and she let out a scream. She couldn't stop running now. She tried to stay as close to the wall as possible but she couldn't run that fast if she could. Another came down and slammed into her back. She felt chest first on the stairs, coughing out a gasp. She couldn't breath, this time, she really couldn't breath. He literally knocked the air out of her. She was a few feet from a doorway. The chairs stopped falling. She dragged her body to the door, opened it, and shut it. Breathing, sighing, tears running down her face. How could this happen to her? Stacey thought. She was doing something good by volunteering and staying late, how could this happen?

She started to walk but at a quick pace. She knew he couldn't have possibly been able to make it down here that fast, but she wasn't taking any chances. She limped and walked and limped some more. She was bleeding, she felt pain all over her body, she could barely move and barely breath. She was almost at the doors, before she saw something that made her stop in her tracks. There were chains on the door. Before she could act, before she could think of another way out of this. She heard a ding.

It was the elevator, right behind her. There was a click of a trigger, and Stacey knew there was no more running. New, warm tears started running down her face, but she wouldn't cry out, she wouldn't beg for mercy at this point. She just merely asked," Why?"

The Man: Because you ran from me

The last thing Stacey would ever remember was hearing a boom, feeling pressure at the back of her skull, and everything going completely black.

Damn, very good. Poor Stacey, what a way to go out. :csad:
Love the girl bonding. Wish I could've been there. :p

Glad you like :D

There will be some more girl bonding to come, no worries :)

Excellent chapter Lil' Sis. :up:

Kel: ...A car...SML...A car?Why would you even say that if the victim was killed inside the hospital? A car just drove in a killed her? 4 stories up?

SML:....it....it could have been one of those little smart cars?the little orange,red, and white ones?

Bella:....

Kel
:.....

To their surprise, as well as Kel's for the most part, they burst out laughing, right there in the middle of the restaurant. Tears were streaming down Kel's face, but she didn't care, at least she wasn't sad or depressed at this point in time. It took awhile before one of them started coughing from laughing too hard or the other was wiping tears out of their eyes. It took everything they had not to start laughing again once they saw the faces of the other customers and the waiters gaping at them.

I loved this exchange. :applaud you are setting the relationships between your leads really well, their camaraderie is evident.

Congrats on the suspense sequence at then ends as well, you crafted it brilliantly, building and building to the pay off, throwing in a couple of moments of false hope.

:wow: Da-yum! Too bad about Stacey. That was a cool part to read though.

I loved the interaction between Bella, me, & Kel. I laughed at it. :D:up:

Damn......shivers...

O gosh... poor Stacey. :( Stupid dude in black! What did he expect her to do when she sees a man with his appearance? Run TO him and give him a hug and a kiss? She'd be shot either way. C'mon, a man dressed like that is CLEARLY up to no good! :mad: :(

I LOVE the interactions between Kel, Bella and SML! SML's lines made me LOLed. :D :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"