The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The "I loved The Amazing Spider-Man 2" thread

Em Dee

Chasing Spiders
Reaction score
Thanks to ultimatewebhead for the idea. Only TASM positivity only, no hate!!

Maaan, should be title "The "I love The Amazing Spider-Man series" thread"! :csad:

Eh... maybe when the series is over and they're all merged into one section... they might rename it. :oldrazz:

Anyway... as of this moment, I love TASM2. for now

Eh... maybe when the series is over and they're all merged into one section... they might rename it. :oldrazz:

Anyway... as of this moment, I love TASM2. for now

Yep. My biggest problem is that it felt really choppy at points, and the plot doesn't begin to pick up steam until the 2nd act. I'm glad the scenes were interesting or I would've lost interest.

TASM in my opinion, is very seriously badly underrated. Easily my favorite CBM ever, just makes the result of ASM2 even more disappointing, even though I gave it a very positive rating :)

Nice. Aware of the flaws of the movie, I still do love the movie. The ambition is very apparent and successful in many ways. From the suit, to the visuals, to Dane's performance + character, to OsCorp, to Gwen's death.

Brilliant idea, guys! What special features are you guys excited for on the Blu-Ray?

Nice. Aware of the flaws of the movie, I still do love the movie. The ambition is very apparent and successful in many ways. From the suit, to the visuals, to Dane's performance + character, to OsCorp, to Gwen's death.

Couldn't agree more with this post.

Sure, there are flaws here and there. However, there isn't anything about this movie that blatantly makes it seem like it was just thrown away or genuinely not cared for by Webb and company.

They threw in a lot of elements that you mentioned, as well as aspects from the comics, that make it clear they attempted to satisfy the hardcore fans.

Spider-Man jumped out of a comic book and onto the screen like never before in this iteration of the character.

Perfect conclusion to the Gwen Stacy arc, Peter learnt to be a hero, to be greater than what he suffers. Harry lost the plot and is ready to kick up a stick in future titles.

Great visuals, best webswinging ever, best spider-man ever.

Go TASM2

Brilliant idea, guys! What special features are you guys excited for on the Blu-Ray?

Hum ever thing lol. I am glad to see a thread like this hope it stays while. I have gotten tired of hearing all the hate on hear has I don't agree with it at all. Any way I am looking forward to the making of the villains and about making the soundtrack has I found this to be one of the best soundtracks in any movie I have ever seen and making music takes so much creativeite.

What is everyone's top 5 favorite moments or scences form the movie? I have seen the movie 3 times but I need to see it again before I can make a list has I don't have a great memory and I haven't seen the movie in like 2 and a half months.

Hells yeah! Count me in. TASM2 is my second favourite CBM after the first TASM. I love these movies.

In regards to favourite scenes, as I've said numerous times before, the last third from Harry's transformation all the way to that big-ass spider symbol on the screen at the start of the credits is my all time favourite third act of a film, at least on par with Avengers. It's got everything - It's fun, funny, funky, tense, scary, emotional, inspiring. I'd give anything to be able to watch that ending for the first time again. Goblin swooping Gwen up to the top of the tower was edge of the seat stuff!

Can't wait to pick this up in the week and watch it all over again with the commentary!

Hells yeah! Count me in. TASM2 is my second favourite CBM after the first TASM. I love these movies.

In regards to favourite scenes, as I've said numerous times before, the last third from Harry's transformation all the way to that big-ass spider symbol on the screen at the start of the credits is my all time favourite third act of a film, at least on par with Avengers. It's got everything - It's fun, funny, funky, tense, scary, emotional, inspiring. I'd give anything to be able to watch that ending for the first time again. Goblin swooping Gwen up to the top of the tower was edge of the seat stuff!

Can't wait to pick this up in the week and watch it all over again with the commentary!

I love your location Climperoonie :p

It's 15 days until the Blu-Ray arrives for me here in England, I can't wait!

How's everyone enjoying the DVD/Blu-Ray if they have it now?

Hard to pick if I'm being completely honest.. But if I wouldn't have watched footage of the goblin fight and known about Gwen it would definitely be the goblin fight. I still love it anyways for me it's probably
1. Electro Power Plant
2. Entire Goblin Sequence beginning with "Hey I think we can still make your flight!" And ending with Gwen's death
3. The huge DOOOONG at the beginning of the movie and the bright red spider logo :)
4. The first Harry and Peter scene, really made me believe they were actualy best friends before *minis Dane Dehaan's weird stoner laugh lol*

What is everyone's top 5 favorite moments or scences form the movie? I have seen the movie 3 times but I need to see it again before I can make a list has I don't have a great memory and I haven't seen the movie in like 2 and a half months.

These aren't in any particular order, but here are my five favorite scenes.

- When Spidey splashes into NYC for the first time.
- Aunt May and Peter's emotional exchange about Richard.
- Clock-tower sequence/Gwen's death.
- Harry and Peter meeting after 8 years.
- Peter and Gwen meeting after a year.

Haha cheers :p

Is it really 15 days here? Oh I thought it was Tuesday :(

I have a Countdown app on my iPod Touch and it says there's 15 days left for us so yeah. :p
I guess it's only fair that we have to wait a little longer seeing as we got the film released in cinemas before everyone else.

1: Harry and Peter hanging out
2: The Clock Tower Fight
3: Spider-Man chasing Aleskei
4: RHINO ending :oldrazz:
5: Norman and Harry

Ever bothered about the people calling Andrew's peter a hipster? I really don't see what's so hip about him. Thoughts guys?

Ever bothered about the people calling Andrew's peter a hipster? I really don't see what's so hip about him. Thoughts guys?

I think it was merely the glasses in TASM1 and new hairstyle in TASM2. I think the filmmakers just wanted to go for a more modern look for Peter and the film which I have no problem with.

It's not as if he's going around with his camera and taking pics of people's Starbucks cups instead of photos for the Daily Bugle. :woot:

Why would the glasses be a problem? They look like a regular old pair of glasses. And the hairstyle seems fine. People like myself have curly and spikey hair. Even in the comics Peter has that hair style.

Fav moments based on 1st viewing months ago:

(in no particular order)
1. Opening Spider-Man sequence (chasing Aleski)
2. The whole Peter and Gwen "ground rules" scene (the chemistry between those two, "Song For Zula" in the background, man, it was just perfect)
3. Spider-Man vs Electro in Times Square
4. The whole clock tower scene (even though the ending was just so sad)
5. Spider-Man vs Rhino - way better than finishing the film with another swinging ending.

Why would the glasses be a problem? They look like a regular old pair of glasses. And the hairstyle seems fine. People like myself have curly and spikey hair. Even in the comics Peter has that hair style.

It's just because a lot of teenagers wear those kinds of glasses and are immediately recognised as "hipsters".
Nerd-Glasses-Hipster-1024x793.jpg

hipster-glasses-31.jpg
If the glasses were a little smaller, like these, then people probably wouldn't have called him a hipster:
hairstyles-for-men-with-glasses-2014.jpg
I did have my doubts about TASM2 when I saw Andrew Garfield on set and saw that his hairstyle was a little shaved because it looked as if the filmmakers were trying way too hard to go for a trendy, modern Peter but by the time the trailers had been released and the film was out, how Peter's hairstyle looked and whether he was wearing "hipster" glasses or not did not bother me at all, just because I'd gotten used to the look and because I was more interested in Andrew's performance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"