• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Illuminati thread [spoilers]

It's funny. One of my friends and I are already making 818 Captain Marvel's "We can handle your little witch!" line into an inside joke.

I really loved that line LOL.
Haha, yes, love that line. Especially in the context of what happened straight after lol.

No just fan rumors.

All of the alternate characters were someone we met and if someone made the Ultron bots it probably was not Tony Stark.

Captain Marvel was not Carol Danvers but Maria Rambeau
Captain America was not a Steve Rodgers but Peggy Carter
Same Black Bolt from the show
Stephen Stranges were all Cumberbatch

If Stark was to appear it would have been RDJ, not Tom Cruise. If Hammer became the tech guy it would have been Rockwell portraying him. Cruise would have been some new character and over the top fan service for rumors.
Ultron could still be Stark's creation in the 838. They fought Thanos and presumably Stark may have fallen in the battle along many bots, Wakadan soldiers and sorcerers apprentances.

AOS is no longer 616. So Mount was 838 Black Bolt and Black Bolt in whatever universe designation AOS & Inhumans are given.
I can comfortably place them in a near variation up through Age of Ultron and by the time of the battle against Thanos in Wakanda were noticably split. Given the Multiverse of Madness story the interesting thing from AoS is the Ghost Rider and their Darkhold

Ultron could still be Stark's creation in the 838.

It absolutely is. Not only are the Ultron droids fashioned after Tony's Iron Man suit, they're fashioned after his Superior Iron Man suit.

Now that the movie's out and already grossed half a Billion in just 4 days, I expect this topic to be openly discussed by Waldron or Feige.

I honestly think 838 Tony is alive and was kept out of the confrontation with Scarlet Witch so he can be used in Secret Wars a few years from now.

I'm assuming it's non-canon. I see the Netflix shows as non-canon too but they just share enough similarities with 616 that they serve as pseudo origins for people like Daredevil and/or Kingpin, and whoever else we see crossover from those shows
Its all canon. Bc of Phase IV, its easy to just say its in another universe that exists within the MCU multiverse

There was nothing disrespectful about it really. Quite the opposite. The Illuminati defeated Thanos. They simply underestimated the Scarlet Witch.

I feel like the people who were bothered by what happened to the Illuminati missed the point entirely. It doesn't matter what universe we're talking about, The Avengers can either see Wanda for what she is which is an EXTREMELY dangerous supervillain, or they can foolishly see her as a troubled young woman who just wants her kids back.

The Illuminati paid the price for their hubris. The actors who played them signed up because they understood the purpose of their role in this movie.

Eh, I feel like going "She is either/or" is missing the point. Wanda in this movie was *both*, which is why playing to the "troubled woman who wants her kids back" is exactly how they beat her in the end. She was just too far down the One Ring Well to be reached by random strangers she'd never met before simply talking to her, and this came at a price for the Illuminati. Note however that even with several members taken down in the opening exchange, the survivors still gave her quite a fight. They lost, but it wasn't a trivial and casual loss, even though she's juiced up on the Darkhold.

Eh, I feel like going "She is either/or" is missing the point. Wanda in this movie was *both*, which is why playing to the "troubled woman who wants her kids back" is exactly how they beat her in the end. She was just too far down the One Ring Well to be reached by random strangers she'd never met before simply talking to her, and this came at a price for the Illuminati. Note however that even with several members taken down in the opening exchange, the survivors still gave her quite a fight. They lost, but it wasn't a trivial and casual loss, even though she's juiced up on the Darkhold.
The Illumanti lost while they postured.

With the power being thrown around I would think ony Captain Marvel should have lasted more than a second in the fight. Before I always thought while powerful if the Hulk got a hold of Wanda like he did Loki then Raimi would have had her head rolling down the floor. That seemed to have changed .

The Illumanti lost while they postured.

With the power being thrown around I would think ony Captain Marvel should have lasted more than a second in the fight. Before I always thought while powerful if the Hulk got a hold of Wanda like he did Loki then Raimi would have had her head rolling down the floor. That seemed to have changed .

Hulk couldn't do anything to Wanda in Age of Ultron.

I'm not going to pick nits. I think they could have found a better way to kill CM without a physical battle, mind control or something along those lines. However am I the only one that thought of Omniman killing the Guardians when watching that scene? Not as grotesque obviously, but clearly they were going for that kind of vibe.

Hulk couldn't do anything to Wanda in Age of Ultron.

An Eric Bana portrayal of the Maestro Hulk would have been cool to see as the 838 Avengers --

True, maybe he wouldn't have lasted long against the might of the Scarlet Witch but its not like Black Bolt or Mister Fantastic had ample fight time.

"The Maestro, strongest there is..."
610708-Marvels-Avengers-Maestro.jpg

An Eric Bana portrayal of the Maestro Hulk would have been cool to see as the 838 Avengers --

True, maybe he wouldn't have lasted long against the might of the Scarlet Witch but its not like Black Bolt or Mister Fantastic had ample fight time.

"The Maestro, strongest there is..."
610708-Marvels-Avengers-Maestro.jpg

I'm just waiting for Marvel Studios to officially assign/announce all the designations for the various universes.

Some theories:

The universe where FOX's X-Men franchise (13 films) takes place in will be designated 811 and it will be revealed that both of Tim Story's FF films take place in that same universe.

The universe where both Andrew Garfield Spider-Man movies take place in will be designated 1610.

The universe where Trank's FF movie takes place in will be designated 2149.

The universe where all three Raimi Spider-Man movies take place in will be the same universe where Daredevil (2003) takes place in, Punisher (2004) takes place in, Elektra (2005) takes place in and both Nicolas Cage Ghost Rider movies take place in.

Hulk (2003), Punisher Warzone (2008) & the Snipes Blade trilogy all take place in their own respective separate universes

My take on the Reed thing is he will be 616 Reed. Some may think the casting is obvious or not want it for whatever reason, but that doesn't really mean anything. We have 3 actors who were in the MCU in this universe, 4 if you include Strange. Xavier is the odd man out cause that is no doubt a tribute. But in regards to Reed....math don't lie, and it doesn't make sense to throw him in here for millions of people to see him, and then cast someone else. Yeah, this can be seen as a nice nod to nerds, but we are the minority of the overall audience. They are trying to build the FF brand with those unfamiliar with them. That is why he was there. If this was gonna be a one off, my guess is they would have used Gruffud. The fact they didn't tells me this is a long term deal.
Good points. Seems like more chances of a long term Krasinski Reed now than ever before. This would have been the time to use Gruffud if at all otherwise.

Just read the Rolling Stone article detailing how Waldron conceived the Illuminati sequence. He also gets into the Tom Cruise/Superior Iron Man topic. The scene with Cruise was never shot. He wanted it in there but Feige couldn't get Cruise because he was shooting MI7. Bummer.

Just read the Rolling Stone article detailing how Waldron conceived the Illuminati sequence. He also gets into the Tom Cruise/Superior Iron Man topic. The scene with Cruise was never shot. He wanted it in there but Feige couldn't get Cruise because he was shooting MI7. Bummer.
Oh that's a shame. Maybe it can work in a different film.

I'm just waiting for Marvel Studios to officially assign/announce all the designations for the various universes.

Some theories:

The universe where FOX's X-Men franchise (13 films) takes place in will be designated 811 and it will be revealed that both of Tim Story's FF films take place in that same universe.

The universe where both Andrew Garfield Spider-Man movies take place in will be designated 1610.

The universe where Trank's FF movie takes place in will be designated 2149.

The universe where all three Raimi Spider-Man movies take place in will be the same universe where Daredevil (2003) takes place in, Punisher (2004) takes place in, Elektra (2005) takes place in and both Nicolas Cage Ghost Rider movies take place in.

Hulk (2003), Punisher Warzone (2008) & the Snipes Blade trilogy all take place in their own respective separate universes
I don't think they bother with the terrible movies that really won't have an impact in crossovers.
Those being any of the previous F4 especially the last one.
Punisher, DD, Elektra, Ghostrider though Ghostrider may get a pass because fanboys may want Cage to make a cameo.

The only previous ones that matter would be X-Men movies and they dealt with time in their movies too so maybe two universe. Blade is the other one besides the Spider-Man movies.

Chavez went through 73 universes and had no clue who Spider-Man was though so highly possible some heroes don't exist in every universe.

I think people over-estimate Marvel's desire to have any real connection to pre-MCU movies. The pre-MCU Spider-man movies are in a bit of a unique situation because Sony still owns those movie rights and seems to have an agreement with Marvel to connect all their Spider-man related movies to the MCU via the multiverse. With everything else, I feel that Marvel will be satisfied with inconsequential meta references rather than direct narrative connections.

Although there's still the big question of how they'll handle Deadpool...

I actually quite like John Krasinksi but there was something about that casting that just felt so boring and his performance didn't really do anything for me.

I still think Jeremy Strong would've been more interesting casting.

Jeremy Strong.jpeg

I'm surprised that even with the M:I 7 and Strange 2 delays that he couldn't squeeze it into the schedule. But to be honest, I was so distracted by Krasinski that I didn't even think about Tom Cruise in that moment.

Hopefully they ignore the foX continuity and start fresh with Deadpool, even if they bring back a couple of actors from those two movies.
They don't have to ignore it. It's just another universe. My guess is they will designate that universe where all 13 of FOX's X-Men films take place in as 811.

They probably shouldn't even bother,unless the new Deadpool movie deals with the multiverse. So yes ignore Deadpool 1 and 2. And let the new Deadpool movie be the first story of MCU Deadpool, zero story connection to the previous foX movies whatsoever.

I was anticipating Iron Cruise Maverick last month. Until I asked this forum about the other Illuminati members.

Good to know, that it almost happened. I thought it was just fake news that I believed in for so long.

Last edited:
Loved Anson Mount back as Black Bolt, wish he'll be back in the main MCU. Still don't want Krasinski as Reed. Captain Marvel was nerfed, did not expect her to beat Wanda, but she shouldn't have died that easily, I don't think Wanda would be able to kill captain Marvel. Loved professor X and didn't care about Captain Carter.

Loved Anson Mount back as Black Bolt, wish he'll be back in the main MCU. Still don't want Krasinski as Reed. Captain Marvel was nerfed, did not expect her to beat Wanda, but she shouldn't have died that easily, I don't think Wanda would be able to kill captain Marvel. Loved professor X and didn't care about Captain Carter.

Sis! When Captain Marvel said “Oh we can handle your little witch!” I said to myself… “this ain’t gonna end well at all”

Lo and behold lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"