The Incredible Hercules Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so. Parts of it, maybe, but never the whole thing, as far as I know.

I don't think so. Parts of it, maybe, but never the whole thing, as far as I know.

Shame, it rates right up with the Korvac Saga and Jim Shooters Avengers stuff. One of the few arcs since issue 200 and Immortus as a baby which has been good.

I don't think it's been release either. I have hopes that someday, Marvel will release Essential volumes that get to this point.

That'll be a long time, won't it? Where are the Essentials up to now?

I don't think it's been release either. I have hopes that someday, Marvel will release Essential volumes that get to this point.

Well it is an essential storyline for the Blacknight, Sersi and the Watchers so...... damn staight it should be released!

More people might've been acquainted with Deathcry in the recent Star-Lord mini if there'd been trades of that period in Avengers, too. Plus, isn't Steve Epting and Tom Palmer's art really reason enough for a trade? I'd say hardcover, even, but I don't want to push my luck.

So, is the name change from Hulk to Herc permanent or is it just for a couple storyarcs or so?

More people might've been acquainted with Deathcry in the recent Star-Lord mini if there'd been trades of that period in Avengers, too. Plus, isn't Steve Epting and Tom Palmer's art really reason enough for a trade? I'd say hardcover, even, but I don't want to push my luck.

The art was great, I loved the plot though. The Watcher splash, is the pic which for me stood out. I hated Deathcry so I laughed when Captain Universe toasted her. Yes, a hardcover would be nice. As would a selection of hardcovers of the Jim Shooter period.

That'll be a long time, won't it? Where are the Essentials up to now?

Essential Avengers Vol 6, which is on pre-order now, goes up to Avengers #140. So we've still got about 200 issues to go before we start getting close to that storyline. Probably 5 or more years until it comes out in Essential format.

Now that I've looked that up, I'm a little sad at how long it'll be for that. :csad:

Because Incredible is an established title and thats what Herc needs, Hulk is getting a new number 1. Hulk is going in a new direction so a new ongoing is the right thing for Hulk.

I can imagine some people won't buy it because of that.

"What?The comic is just called the "Hulk" now?The "Incredible Herc"?What a rip off!I'm not buying!"

JackRembrandt said:
So, is the name change from Hulk to Herc permanent or is it just for a couple storyarcs or so?

Some might catch on and see this is a bait and switch,but Hercules does need more comic exposure.

According to all the interviews it's permanent,take it for what you will.Van Lente is already starting up on writing the 3rd storyline,so it's looking to be long term for now.

Essential Avengers Vol 6, which is on pre-order now, goes up to Avengers #140. So we've still got about 200 issues to go before we start getting close to that storyline. Probably 5 or more years until it comes out in Essential format.

Now that I've looked that up, I'm a little sad at how long it'll be for that. :csad:
If they even go that far. I'm not sure the Essentials line will ever go up to '90s comics, since they're so abundant in back issues.
The art was great, I loved the plot though. The Watcher splash, is the pic which for me stood out. I hated Deathcry so I laughed when Captain Universe toasted her. Yes, a hardcover would be nice. As would a selection of hardcovers of the Jim Shooter period.
I liked Deathcry's rapport with the feelings-recovering Vision. Also, the Gatherer-Vision's costume from that run? ****ing awesome. I'm glad Vision 2.0's costume resembles that one most.

And yes, the alterna-Watcher's reveal was quite huge. I gained a whole new level of respect for magic curses and Eternal love bonds if they could make a normal human powerful enough to capture a Watcher--even a half-dead one.

And yes, the alterna-Watcher's reveal was quite huge. I gained a whole new level of respect for magic curses and Eternal love bonds if they could make a normal human powerful enough to capture a Watcher--even a half-dead one.

I'd like the real Vision back and yes the power up was awesome.

If they even go that far. I'm not sure the Essentials line will ever go up to '90s comics, since they're so abundant in back issues.

But you've got to remember that Marvel doesn't care about the back issues, since they don't make any money off of them.

Comic shops. Marvel made their money when the shops ordered them from Diamond, if I've got it right.
I'd like the real Vision back and yes the power up was awesome.
I'd like the real Vision back too, but the new one's not so bad. If he actually had a series to focus on him and develop him rather than a dozen issues from a fairweather Hollywood writer who abandoned him at the first sign of a bigger paycheck, he might actually be an interesting character in his own right by now.

Woohoo, I kinda know how the comic book business works in one tiny part of its overall make-up, sort of... a little. :up:

Because the last time there was a Hercules #1, it sold like crap. Granted, it certainly couldn't have had anything to do with the god-awful reality TV premise or anything. To the people who care at Marvel, it's all the same: low sales are low sales. :o

Passive-aggressive sarcasm aside, I don't care how Herc got an ongoing, I'm just glad he did. I would've preferred "The Legendary Hercules" rather than "The Incredible Hercules," myself, but I'll take what I can get.

but that might cause a legal dispute with universal remember hercules the legndary journeys? hmm i just realized maybe marvels releasing a new herc title so dynamite comics can't publish a series based on the tv hercules as a spinoff from thier xena comic

They're both based on a myth that comes from long before any copyright laws existed. Hercules is fair use. Only the visuals associated with Marvel's Hercules are copyrighted. Dynamite could probably publish a comic based on the TV show regardless.

You may be right about the use of "legendary" in a Herc title, though. "Hercules" and "legendary" in the same title tends to make people think of the TV show, so that might be too close to be legally acceptable.

Really, we'd have to know exactly what each company owns through copyrights. The character of Hercules, however, isn't technically owned by either.

They should call it "The Awesome Might of Hercules"

Correct As I Understand It The Tv Hercules Is Owned By Universal As Is Xena Wile Marvel Owns Its Prince Of Power

Right, but neither company actually owns the name "Hercules" or the myths associated with him. He's a cultural hero from a past religion. They can't copyright that.

That's how people will talk about me one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"