The Incredible Hulk script choices...

H

Hulk62

A while back I had the opportunity to check out some very cool scripts and one piece of dog **** called a script. No names were available until after they were read, but I have been informed that the first was an INCREDIBLY cool script was written by John Turman. :yay:
Actually I have now read three separate drafts of the TIH script.​
The first was the John Turman draft. It is not camp, it is loyal to the material, and it DID NOT FEEL DATED. It was exciting and fresh. It involved Banner, General Thunderbolt Ross and Betty, and Rick Jones, Leader, The Hulk. It does everything that a HULK film should. All of you would die to see this film on the screen, but had an origin re-boot which they did not want.​
The second was a Zack Penn draft. Totally different, but really really good.:woot: A combination of the comic and the television series (dont make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry). Well balanced. It has some of the other characters, but in my opinion it handled the introduction of the HULK the BEST. I could sense the awe that the Hulk would strike in us. A fairly cool Hulk vs a bunch of sharks (poor sharks), the brick sequence (some cool *****). In my opinion the characters are "too fleshed" out over the Turman Draft which Ang Lee already blasted us with. However, That first draft is the one that should be seen on screen.​
Then the third Hulk Script was Jonathon Hensleigh's draft. Rotten load of dog ****. Personally using a rotten dead script as a foundation is sure to bring the project down. Now since the casting has begun on the Hulk with Norton, Roth and Tyler, Penn's script was the most logical choice. Had this been a Origin Hulk movie, I would have had Turman's script. The guys at Universal's hierarchy tell me that many people at the studio wanted to go with Turman's draft, but... decided to allow Penn to script. Believe me you wont be disappointed.​

My people at Marvel tell me that Turman slaved away on eight different drafts, all of which were at least 5 grades above the Hensleigh. But you see Turman is a struggling "no-namer" without a lot of credits. In the cut throat world of Hollywood, Turman is the guy who writes the drafts that get people interested. The drafts that capture the readers imagination and makes people say, "**** yeah, I'll blow $130 million making this." But then along comes all the new money men, and shift of execs at Universal, a hot shot writer and lo and behold... Poof! Turman is swept away into a corner. And so goes a great Hulk movie. In comes Penn to save us from Hensleigh, whew! TIH is a project, which gets me all giddy. A fave character of mine. When I was in LA alot of professionals asked me what I thought how Hollywood could do better. Well ... I love early drafts. Turman's and Penn's have heart, wonder and originality. They haven't been ruined by committee. The number one problem is over-development of the scripts, trying to hone them to perfection, going from writer to writer. Each step a step away from the draft that made you want to make a movie. The draft I read that got all at UNIVERSAL and MARVEL excited had Rick Jones, Betty Ross, Thunderbolt Ross and the Leader; a kick- ass re-origin sequence with a gamma bomb countdown that still gives me shivers to think about; and a Bruce Banner that had a genuine fear of turning into the Hulk and hurting someone; well, that was a John Turman script. Penn submitted a draft for the original "Hulk" movie, which was rejected, but that script grabbed the attention of the current filmmakers. His original pitch, along with his success writing "X2: X-Men United" and "X-Men: The Last Stand," earned him the gig. His draft of the first 'Hulk' opened with him already having transformed into the Hulk, It opened with him at a roadside bar with these guys picking on him and him saying, 'Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry,' and then transforming, and then you flash back to reveal how it all happened.​

Part of the way that this 'Hulk' came about is that they went back and used the original origin. The brick action sequence will leave you in awe if it's done right and I'm sure it will. The final battle is exactly want we wanted but didn't get from the first hulk. Well gotta run. Nuff said.​

Nice insight on the possible scripts.
Some questions anyway: is the brick thing anywhere close to that
http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=11788884&postcount=95
Personally I think the scene of the bricks is gonna rock... Abomination carries his pile/stash in his hands while throwing them at Hulk as they smash to dust on Hulk's chest. The Hulk also dodges them since he doesn't want the bricks hitting his eyes which could blind him (realism) so he turns over some cars to hide behind them, gathers his own stack of bricks and starts ducking, then throwing a brick, then ducking, and they move up and down the street doing that until they see they're out.. it's sort of like a primitive shoot out, on Paper it kicks so much ass...

I mean, bricks, how big is that in comparison to the Hulk's body and Abominations?

I'm very doubtful about this....

Other things sounds interesting, even thoughi don't know at all where it's coming from.
No offense Hulk62, it's just i like to know the sources etc etc...

A while back I had the opportunity to check out some very cool scripts and one piece of dog **** called a script. No names were available until after they were read, but I have been informed that the first was an INCREDIBLY cool script was written by John Turman. :yay:
Actually I have now read three separate drafts of the TIH script.​
The first was the John Turman draft. It is not camp, it is loyal to the material, and it DID NOT FEEL DATED. It was exciting and fresh. It involved Banner, General Thunderbolt Ross and Betty, and Rick Jones, Leader, The Hulk. It does everything that a HULK film should. All of you would die to see this film on the screen, but had an origin re-boot which they did not want.​
The second was a Zack Penn draft. Totally different, but really really good.:woot: A combination of the comic and the television series (dont make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry). Well balanced. It has some of the other characters, but in my opinion it handled the introduction of the HULK the BEST. I could sense the awe that the Hulk would strike in us. A fairly cool Hulk vs a bunch of sharks (poor sharks), the brick sequence (some cool *****). In my opinion the characters are "too fleshed" out over the Turman Draft which Ang Lee already blasted us with. However, That first draft is the one that should be seen on screen.​
Then the third Hulk Script was Jonathon Hensleigh's draft. Rotten load of dog ****. Personally using a rotten dead script as a foundation is sure to bring the project down. Now since the casting has begun on the Hulk with Norton, Roth and Tyler, Penn's script was the most logical choice. Had this been a Origin Hulk movie, I would have had Turman's script. The guys at Universal's hierarchy tell me that many people at the studio wanted to go with Turman's draft, but... decided to allow Penn to script. Believe me you wont be disappointed.​

My people at Marvel tell me that Turman slaved away on eight different drafts, all of which were at least 5 grades above the Hensleigh. But you see Turman is a struggling "no-namer" without a lot of credits. In the cut throat world of Hollywood, Turman is the guy who writes the drafts that get people interested. The drafts that capture the readers imagination and makes people say, "**** yeah, I'll blow $130 million making this." But then along comes all the new money men, and shift of execs at Universal, a hot shot writer and lo and behold... Poof! Turman is swept away into a corner. And so goes a great Hulk movie. In comes Penn to save us from Hensleigh, whew! TIH is a project, which gets me all giddy. A fave character of mine. When I was in LA alot of professionals asked me what I thought how Hollywood could do better. Well ... I love early drafts. Turman's and Penn's have heart, wonder and originality. They haven't been ruined by committee. The number one problem is over-development of the scripts, trying to hone them to perfection, going from writer to writer. Each step a step away from the draft that made you want to make a movie. The draft I read that got all at UNIVERSAL and MARVEL excited had Rick Jones, Betty Ross, Thunderbolt Ross and the Leader; a kick- ass re-origin sequence with a gamma bomb countdown that still gives me shivers to think about; and a Bruce Banner that had a genuine fear of turning into the Hulk and hurting someone; well, that was a John Turman script. Penn submitted a draft for the original "Hulk" movie, which was rejected, but that script grabbed the attention of the current filmmakers. His original pitch, along with his success writing "X2: X-Men United" and "X-Men: The Last Stand," earned him the gig. His draft of the first 'Hulk' opened with him already having transformed into the Hulk, It opened with him at a roadside bar with these guys picking on him and him saying, 'Don't make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry,' and then transforming, and then you flash back to reveal how it all happened.​

Part of the way that this 'Hulk' came about is that they went back and used the original origin. The brick action sequence will leave you in awe if it's done right and I'm sure it will. The final battle is exactly want we wanted but didn't get from the first hulk. Well gotta run. Nuff said.​

TWO QUESTIONS:

1. DOES HE TALK AT ALL OR NOT?! I DON'T WANT ANOTHER ANG LEE "BEAST" HULK!!!
2. CAN U PM ME THE SCRIPT?

Let's just say I work for a specific production company. No offense taken. I just decided share some stuff with fellow HULK fans. This is a dream job for me. To answer your questions: Yes, he does speak (classic) and sorry, can't risk my job like that, hope you understand. Feel free to ask me stuff. And to my knowlegde, I believe they are cinder blocks not tiny bricks. That wasn't specific in the first draft.

Not the entire movie, but enough to satisfy fans. Especially during his battle ("HULK is the strongest one there is!") with Abomb.

i like in the comics that he DOES talk a lot....does his speach length match that of the comics at least?

They don't have audio on his voice, but it is described as a "roar" during his battle. Very savage like.

this is the sh!!,okay hulk62 what about the hulk fighting the army

There's really going to be a scene where Hulk and Abomination throw BRICKS at each other?!?!?!? That's just sounds really... lame.

Question considering the current script--I know everyone's salavating at the action, but how's the actual story and characters within it?

My main fear with Incredible is that the studio execs are so afraid with what happened with The Hulk that they're going to make a loud, stupid, wall-to-wall action movie with nothing else in it. Would be a shame, espicially with the great cast in it.

What is this shark scene u r talking about?is it actually hulk beating the crap out of some sharks or r they mutated like the hulk dogs

this is the sh!!,okay hulk62 what about the hulk fighting the army

His main opposition is the army and yes he does battle the army. Much more creative than the first movie. This is not a balls to the wall action movie with no substance. It is also a love story. The characters are developed very well by Penn. He has actually done a good job with his draft. The brick scene is not lame. The battle is kinda like a stand off because of the equal strength issue, but the madder he gets... you know the rest. The sharks are not mutated, lol. There are no dogs, rats, cats or silly animal scenes. No naked Hulk either, lol. The transformation will leave you in awe if it is done correctly. Abomb will be ferocious and the Hulk will make you forget Ang Lee's version.

Never mind...:whatever: The buffoon has done "copy and paste" of an old AICN article...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/248

Its my AICN article from 1997 before the first movie, lol. My reference was to Zack Penn's script which was rehashed to its current state today after 5 tries. I will not use any harsh words or comments in regards to your derogitory remark. Just dont read or respond to the thread and when you go see the movie which I know you will, I hope you correct your wrong. Have a good one.

i'm sorry to burst everyone's bubble, this is not the TIH script, these are the scripts from the 90's when they were looking to make Hulk back then. You can read about these scripts in AICN.

Penn's new one will have some things in common with his old one, but thats it.

EDIT-someone already pointed that 90's script out.

Its my AICN article from 1997 before the first movie, lol. My reference was to Zack Penn's script which was rehashed to its current state today after 5 tries. I will not use any harsh words or comments in regards to your derogitory remark. Just dont read or respond to the thread and when you go see the movie which I know you will, I hope you correct your wrong. Have a good one.

Ah! I didn't know you are Harry Knowles...:whatever: :whatever: :whatever:

You are not an insider and you have no inside knowledge, you are crying for attention and I find that utterly disgusting. You copied and pasted Harry's article and made minor quick modifications. Patented liar and awful loser...

Thanks Sava for pointing out!:cwink: :up:

Don't worry, mate: the Prodi-like buffoon has been unmasked.:up:

i hope we get a script review soon

What an awesome thread. It has drama, comedy, tragedy.

I love it when frauds are unmasked.

I thought there was something fishy about that other thread...

Sava, you are like a Hulk-Hype Batman!

:batman:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"