The Inevitable Barry Allen Recasting Thread

I mean it's pretty clear what happens in the video and there's many reasons why a victim wouldn't want to come forward, but I don't want to argue about it

To the people pointing to the articles using Ezra’s name as though that proves that he isn’t going anywhere... dare I bring up all the articles that used Ben Affleck’s name in conjunction with The Batman before we knew he was out?

Sure, you can, and we can use said post as a reference post when shooting begins and Miller is still Barry Allen. You know as well as everyone here that Affleck's situation, combined with the personal battles in his life, is leagues apart from Miller or even Henry Cavill, both of whom we know are still enthused to continue. Whereas Affleck, much as many of us like Batfleck, was more than ready to hang up the cowl.

I want flashpoint to open with Barry opening his eyes in the morning, looking in the mirror and not knowing who he sees... it's a recast... something has happened and throughout the movie we find out and deal with the implications of time travel, butterfly effect and reverse flash.

He see's his mum is back... he talks to his friends Cyborg, the JL and everything seems the same, minus himself... and we go on this journey... to discover multiverses and that the Ezra Miller flash is out there stuck in limbo after he changed things... we see those events too.. and the end of the movie finishes with one DCEU, akin to rebirth. Where B89 verse merges with DCEU and erases Batfleck, Ezra and retcons events like BvS and JL.

Hm. There's Ezra Miller right there helping promote DC FanDome.

But sure, guys. He's inevitably going to be recast because of some incident that the internet forgot about in a day. Again, this thread aged wonderfully.

So we're gonna have a Flash devoid of any actual charisma, lol

So we're gonna have a Flash devoid of any actual charisma, lol

Maybe thats the reason, why I cant like him. I rolled my eyes everytime he appears in Fantastic Beasts. I thaught I was the only one who find his appereance as Flash annoying as well, but it seems to be a few.

Maybe thats the reason, why I cant like him. I rolled my eyes everytime he appears in Fantastic Beasts. I thaught I was the only one who find his appereance as Flash annoying as well, but it seems to be a few.
Aquaman and Wonder Woman were big financial hits in part because Momoa and Gadot were so charismatic. Miller, well... isn't. And it's not like he's some thespian either, a lot of his recent performances have been downright bad.
Oh well. Guess this movie's not gonna be for me.

What "recent performances?" Aside from DC stuff (which is really just Justice League and the cameo in Crisis on Infinite Earths) and Fantastic Beasts, you don't have much to choose from in regards to noteworthy roles beyond The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and that was in 2012. Plus, this is just rich revisionist history. So Momoa, who many wrote off as a dude-bro, and Gadot, who many wrote off as wooden, now all of a sudden they're super charismatic?

Guys, you can be upset that you were wrong about Miller being recast, but don't try and rewrite the narrative like everyone and their mother thought that Momoa and Gadot were going to be charismatic in their DC roles which, spoiler, many people did not have that viewpoint.

What "recent performances?" Aside from DC stuff (which is really just Justice League and the cameo in Crisis on Infinite Earths) and Fantastic Beasts, you don't have much to choose from in regards to noteworthy roles beyond The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and that was in 2012. Plus, this is just rich revisionist history. So Momoa, who many wrote off as a dude-bro, and Gadot, who many wrote off as wooden, now all of a sudden they're super charismatic?

Guys, you can be upset that you were wrong about Miller being recast, but don't try and rewrite the narrative like everyone and their mother thought that Momoa and Gadot were going to be charismatic in their DC roles which, spoiler, many people did not have that viewpoint.

:applaud
I feel some desperately want Miller gone because they feel it will further the narrative that the DCEU is dead/dying, another Snyder actor bites the dust.

I feel like I’ve been too harsh on Ezra. What we saw in the Snyder cut trailer and the way he presented himself in Flash’s panel have me convinced he has a good Flash portrayal up his sleeve. Joss really messed things up, I see that now.
Can’t wait for this movie!

I'll wait until I actually see the Snyder Cut to see if Ezra's performance is significantly different or noteworthy.

I'll wait until I actually see the Snyder Cut to see if Ezra's performance is significantly different or noteworthy.
In the five second clip at the end of the trailer, he seemed way more chill. The frantic edge he had in the TC felt cringe and forced. The goofy faces where he’d look out of the side of his eyes like he was constantly perplexed was so poorly acted

He was the same in his cameo in Crisis, so I'm not expecting much of a change

I'm fairly certain that Ezra worrying about the coming invasion doesn't equate to him seeing a version of himself from another Earth or asking said version if he wants a selfie.

Especially since we haven't seen the performance in the Snyder Cut, so not sure how anyone can claim he was the same in those few seconds versus the mere less than two minutes in Crisis, which itself isn't anything substantial.

Plus, this is just rich revisionist history. So Momoa, who many wrote off as a dude-bro, and Gadot, who many wrote off as wooden, now all of a sudden they're super charismatic?

What's revisionist history? That post above yours isn't saying, as far as I can tell, that people always thought they were gonna be great because of their charisma, but that they did as well as they did because of it.

That post didn't have those words, as far as I can see.
I feel some desperately want Miller gone because they feel it will further the narrative that the DCEU is dead/dying, another Snyder actor bites the dust.
If that were really the case, why would some promote Gal Gadot and Jason Mamoa so much? Why think that and not that some may not be interested in his take, as far as they've seen?

Ezra being an openly Queer actor is likely a big factor why WB are keeping him, and promoting him.

They may get blowback from GLAAD and other organizations if Ezra is sacked. I doubt he'll go quietly.

They’d be wise to include Wally in the movie to smoothly replace Ezra if need be. I’m giving Ezra the benefit of the doubt, but I actively hated his performance in Justice League. I can only say that for a handful of DC or Marvel performances.

I want flashpoint to open with Barry opening his eyes in the morning, looking in the mirror and not knowing who he sees...
it's a recast... something has happened and throughout the movie we find out and deal with the implications of time travel, butterfly effect and reverse flash.

He see's his mum is back... he talks to his friends Cyborg, the JL and everything seems the same, minus himself... and we go on this journey... to discover multiverses and that the Ezra Miller flash is out there stuck in limbo after he changed things... we see those events too.. and the end of the movie finishes with one DCEU, akin to rebirth. Where B89 verse merges with DCEU and erases Batfleck, Ezra and retcons events like BvS and JL.
ha my mind went right to this scene....
tenor.gif

Ezra being an openly Queer actor is likely a big factor why WB are keeping him, and promoting him.

They may get blowback from GLAAD and other organizations if Ezra is sacked. I doubt he'll go quietly.
I assure you they won't get any serious blowback on that front. Ezra's reputation is probably more stained in the queer community than anywhere else. I'd go as far to say people in the community are way more aware of the incident than most people.

WB seems to avoid cutting their losses on controversial stars as a matter of policy.

As costly as it would be… can they honestly afford to keep Ezra front and center on this thing? They’re getting more toxic by the minute.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"