The Infinite Crisis Thread (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'DC Comics' started by The Batman, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Kebab gud Registered

why blame him? .. i blame the guys behind infinite crisis and 52 .. THEY should addapt to the storys from the other titles..

2. yenaled 3X2(9YZ)4A

Except their plans would have been in place one hell of a lot longer than Winicks.

To be honest, it's just bad communication between Editors. But I will say it is because Winick didn't respond to any e-mails.

3. Prognosticator Registered

I like to consider that GA's timeline was occuring shortly AFTER the big stuff in IC. Some of it was around the same time, but the arrows and the exploding buildings, and all of that came RIGHT after IC.

...cause I keep up w/Arrow too, and that was bothering me somewhat.

Cause in IC everyone was worried about Bludhaven and what happened but no one made mention of Star City. It could have happened around the time that the MAJOR heroes fought SBP out into space and on OA.

4. Kebab gud Registered

that might have worked .. if it hadent been for that last comment in the issue of GA.. and that ALL indipendent issues that jumped all tokk place before crisis or at the start of it..

maybe the GA in infinite crisis was from another earth!that still dossent give us anny answer to why he was in 52 #1
    hell he was in 52 #1 and then again in 52 #13 .. he did NOT spend only 10-12 weeks on that island! deathstroke sayd he was there for almost a year!

5. sethcohen still beats hal...

superboy prime punched reality

6. Prognosticator Registered

I'll have to go back and re-read 52 #1, but maybe it was a flash-forward.

I still think it makes more sense happening after IC. But most of the DC storylines were taking place DURING IC. Right in the middle of it (before issue #4, at least).

I do remember the 52 #13 issue, and I agree it doesn't add up. And it's NOT the kind of answers that "Superboy Prime punched a wall" can clear up. Because it was BEYOND that point in time. He'd broken out before the Countdown Mini's were even over.

7. sethcohen still beats hal...

i realize that was not a feasible explaination... it was a poor attempt at humor.

god... way to just ruin my joke :csad:

8. Prognosticator Registered

You've used that one before it seems like.

...it never works as well the second time. :)

Unless of course, it's a running joke. In which case, it can always be revived. ESPECIALLY if it drives other people crazy!

9. sethcohen still beats hal...

its pretty much my catch all for screw ups continuity wise... i figure if thats dc/dan didio's official answer then who am i to argue?

10. BAH HUMBBUG! There's an invisible man

Well I finally got around to reading the whole thing all the way through, just IC though, not the tie-ins. And it was just okay. Although I see a lot of potential for Superboy Prime, as long as some writers can handle it well.

Do the tie-ins make a difference in how well the story turns out? To be honest I think it pales in comparison to COIE, no where near as well written and it just seemed to be a shadow of COIE, I mean it wasn't very original at all.

I like it, but no more than your average somewhat-good story.

11. trustyside-kick The Marine Marvel

Are the tie-ins essential? I guess bot not incredibly essential. They just answer any questions you may have about certain things.

Day of Vengeance was prolly the tie-in I most enjoyed though. I highly recommend it. That, and Villains United were awesome.

12. BAH HUMBBUG! There's an invisible man

13. WompuM Esquire

why is THIS thread bumped?

14. BAH HUMBBUG! There's an invisible man

I had a question and some of my own comments.

15. Prognosticator Registered

In so few words, Yes.

16. Laplace_Zombie Registered

Don't you just love the sweet smell of necro in the morning?

17. Czar Colossus Registered

I want to see Black Adam go up against Superboy Prime again. Adam's really lost it. As soon as he figures out what his magic word is now.
    Maybe it's Meka leka hai meka hinny ho! (A No-Prize to anyone who can remember what that's from or remeber what a No-Prize is for that matter.):woot:

18. blksuperman2 Deadly Akuma

LOL, I don't know what no-prize is but I was a big Pee-Wee's Playhouse fan as young chap.:cwink:

19. Prognosticator Registered

All I know is, when SBP finally does break out, the s*$t's going to hit the fan!

20. WompuM Esquire

Yeah, untill they depower him and overuse him and next thing you know the outsiders are going to beat him.

21. WompuM Esquire

Superboy Prime vs. Optimus Prime. now THERES a fight

22. Prognosticator Registered

:( :cmad:

23. The Shredder Sharp Dressed Man

Whenever SBP does make a return, it really makes me wonder exactly how different he may ultimately turn out to be considering Johns' comments on the character which basically points to the idea that SBP may not return as a straight up DCU villain.

24. BAH HUMBBUG! There's an invisible man

Word

25. BAH HUMBBUG! There's an invisible man

That's all well and good, and in the past SBP was a good superboy, just ask Kal-El and Kal-L, it's obvious he was corrupted. But they really contradict themselves when he says "I'll get out of here, I've gotten out of worse situations."

Of course that could mean when he was good he was put into worse situations from villains, but I would assume since he is saying that while being imprisoned by heroes that it has happend to him before by heroes.

Just my interpretation.