The Inquisitor

Discussion in 'Star Wars Rebels' started by Hunter Rider, Oct 12, 2013.

1. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Did they change his sabre or can it be "adjusted"? Because he is missing half of the guard, though it still clearly has the second emitter.

2. StarLord You fight well. In the old style.

Hmm, perhaps it flips down or something?

3. TheAQU4M4N K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Has there been any news as to who is voicing him yet?

4. LordMortis315 Registered

Nope.

5. Grievous General of the Droid Army

I have to disagree, look at it like this, this isn't a movie. It's a TV show, which means that there will be several plots, and the main characters may not win every time, but they are not gonna die. Now take that and throw in Vader trying to take them out. By the end of season one depending at the number of plots, Vader will of likely failed to kill the main cast at least 3 or 4 times. Now that will make Vader look weak and pretty much pathetic. You can't have a character like Vader get schooled daily by the new cast in this show. Let the cast of the show grow on the fanbase first, before you let them get one on an iconic character like Vader.

6. James Built from Lego

That's a great way of looking at (and probably completely accurate as far as the creative decision process went). Vader is better served being a ruthless bad ass, someone to fear as he successfully hunts rogue Jedi. The Inquisitor can get his butt handed too him all the time, no one's invested.

7. godisawesome Registered

The Inquisitor should be the hunting hound; persistent and fearsome, but quite defeatable.

Vader should be the legend killer who just curb stomps the **** out of anybody who's near him in his very few appearances. If any Dark Jedi show up, he should pretty much execute them. And if someone needs to give out Jedi an Obi-Wan exit...

8. dax Registered

I don't see how this show will make Vader look weak or pathetic. We all know that none of these new characters will even make it to ANH which means that Vader's reputation will still be intact. Hell, Vader was weak and pathetic to begin with just for the fact that he's still serving the Emperor even after he lost Padme.

9. Superwoman Prime Damaged Beyond Repair

*Nods* You are ready for the trials. :oldrazz:

10. Superwoman Prime Damaged Beyond Repair

I'm not sure you got the point here.

If he fails fifty times before actually killing them (assuming he's the one to even kill them), he'll still close to being Shredder from a Ninja Turtles cartoon.

That's a different aspect of the character from what we're really talking about. We mean combat efficiency and villainous presence.

11. CrypticOne Poetic Violence

In the newest clip released....

The one with Kanan fighting the Inquisitor.

I'm just loving the way the Inquisitor is being portrayed. Seems like he's going to be really up there in terms of being one of the best and most ruthless baddies in the Star Wars universe. Love his look and the way he talks. Jason Isaacs is doing a fantastic job, (from what I've heard from him) so far.

Can't wait to see more.

12. GamerSlyRatchet Registered

Just watched "Rise of the Old Masters".

Jason Isaacs did a terrific job with the Inquisitor. Great first impression.

13. Loki882 Registered

"I'm Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith, personal apprentice to the Emperor himself, and scourge of the Rebellion. And yet I keep failing to kill a half-trained Padawan and five other ragtag outlaws out in the Outer Rim, FEAR ME!!"

14. Hunter Rider Ronin

I thought they introduced him brilliantly, the trap he set was twisted and he came off as a real menace that Kanen struggled to cope with for the most part.

15. DaddlerTheDalek Starship Captain

I really liked his introduction.

16. Jesse Old Curmudgeon

Probably my current favorite lightsaber design and he's definitely turning out to be an interesting villain.

17. Quasimod0 Bell-Ringer

The fight with the Inquisitor in the latest episode was really cool. :up:

18. Jesse Old Curmudgeon

Probably my current favorite lightsaber design.

19. Great Mind(s) Broken

They need to really get into who this guy is, how Vader found him and trained him or whatever. Then we need Ahsoka back and have an apprentice battle. I am sure we will get it...

20. James Built from Lego

Now that the season's over, how does everyone feel about...spoilers follow:

[BLACKOUT]Inquisitor's death?[/BLACKOUT]

I'd bring this up in the main Rebels thread, but it's so busy over there I really wanted a chance to just focus on this particular part of the season 1 finale.

I'll admit that when I first saw it I was pretty convinced we'd be seeing him again in season 2, and for a good long while to come beyond that. It wasn't until I read the IGN interview with Dave Filoni that it really cemented The Inquisitor is really gone for good. At first I was a little disappointed because he was such a cool villain, but then I was just surprised and ultimately pretty pleased.

While I initially assumed this Inquisitor would become Kanan's ongoing nemesis throughout the series, I'm glad it hasn't gone in that direction. Kanan and Inquisitor fought several times, it makes sense that one of them would kick the bucket sooner rather than later. I recall an older interview with Filoni where he talked about Grievous in The Clone Wars series, how they always needed to find reasons for him to get away. By the end of the series it became outright silly, Grievous would jump in a space ship and off he'd go.

Another thing that's cool about this, is it opens up a world of potential for new and interesting villains. For all it's suspected Disney influence, Rebels certainly doesn't shy away from death, be it multiple Storm Troopers almost every episode, Imperial officers or even a bad ass lead villain like The Inquisitor. I think it was a good way to go, a cool death, and a really excellent duel that lead up to it. I guess the only real shame is, in my opinion, that we won't get to hear Jason Issac's lordly marching around the show anymore.

Thoughts?

21. HarryOsborn Registered

Filoni really didn't know how to write antagonists for the first two-three seasons and he never fully managed to capture Grievous ever. When you'd see Anakin fighting Ventress or Dooku, or Grievous fighting anyone you always knew they would win. With Rebels the Inquisitor, even Agent Kallus, always win, and the heroes only narrowly escape. In my opinion killing the Inquisitor was a good move and from a story standpoint it shows just how disposable he was to the Empire, despite how much of a challenge he'd proved to be.

22. Lord All Mighty

I don't realy mind that he died, while they had good intentions, i never could like the Inquisitor, he always came across as incredibly one note to me. I liked the design of his species in the films a lot, but in the show, he looked kinda goofy, from his teeth to his mannerisms, i'm sure they can do better.

23. Hunter Rider Ronin

The fan response to him was always a bit mixed so I wasn't 100% surprised when he bit the dust. It certainly leaves an opening for a cool new villain(s) for season 2.

24. godisawesome Registered

I do hope that he set a precedent for the Inquisitors we're likely to see in The Force Awakens; professional, cold, dangerous, but also still fallible and kind of held back by their role in the Empire.

And I did love the way that, as dangerous as he was, he's still very much just another cog in the machine, one whose loss is ignored and ultimately inconsequential in the minds of the Empire. When Jedi dies in The Clone Wars, it was always a big deal. Here, it's still important, but mostly on the personal level.

25. DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

I ended up really liking him, though his death isn't that big of a deal for me. Especially with the possibilities of different Inquisitors showing up. To see a variety of different hunters would be fantastic imo.