The Iron Giant.

The Land Before Time is still my favorite animated movie, but this one's pretty good, too. My second favorite.

I bought a DVD copy of this film last year. It was on the bargain shelf in a local supermarket. I watched the film when I was a kid once and I liked it, but it didn't leave a mark like other animated films of my youth. I wanted to watch it again. I was fascinated by the themes of hope and wonder, it is a really well crafted film. Each character has a great characterization, the voice acting is great, the animation is top notch. I think is just that great.

And one theme that resonated with me is the power of storytelling. It has almost a "All Star Superman" vibe, in which this character who is set up to inspire the best in everyone, actually inspires this Iron Giant character into something better. And I have yet to see that in a Superman film. At least in cinema.

I've still never seen this but I hear so incredibly much about it it makes me feel like I should watch it but, I won't have that nostalgia factor like everybody else has.

This and Anastasia are two of my favorite non Disney animated films.

Anastasia bugs be with all the characters being rotoscoped and overacted when not. Don Bluth loves putting warts on his characters.

What? Here's a deleted scene from the movie that's about the robots memory of doing exactly that.

[YT]05XM9huSWNU[/YT]

Interesting has this is the first time I have seen or heard about this.

The blu ray will happen eventually like True Lies and The Abyss. Jus a matter of when.

My girlfriend stuck this movie on randomly the other day, I remember loving it as a kid and realised that I still love it, IMO a truly underrated movie. Any other fans out there?

I just love this movie. The Iron Giant is one of my favourite animated movies. :yay:

Really a shame they didn't animate that scene fully. It's creative, disturbing, and adds a whole new dimension to the film.

Really looking forward to seeing it on the big screen

I've still never seen this but I hear so incredibly much about it it makes me feel like I should watch it but, I won't have that nostalgia factor like everybody else has.

Considering how many people didn't see the film until long after its theatrical release its reputation doesn't have much to do with nostalgia for the film itself. Its just legitimately great.

One of my favorite movies.

But the scene were the hunters shoot the deer is strange. Are we supposed to think that the hunters are *******s?

Yeah, I still need to see this, too. Apparently a must-watch for Superman fans, I hear.

I really want to see this! Thankfully there's a location near town.

One of my favorite animated movies. Great that it's getting a Blu-Ray release.

Can't wait to own this release. I actually teared up just watching the trailer, lol. This movie just gets me.

Brad Bird’s ‘The Iron Giant’ is Finally Coming to Blu-Ray on September 6

the-iron-giant-blu-ray.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"