Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
i remember one of the lego set [BLACKOUT]showed Mandarin attacking tony with a crane sorta vehicle as a final battle. Looks like thats not happening since lego pics dont match like u said. [/BLACKOUT]

That's still possible and likely, but ya never know. As you mentioned, the LEGO booklet sort of contradicts IGN's description; [BLACKOUT]Mainly, Killian and Mandarin taking part in the Malibu scene[/BLACKOUT]. But Marvel could have cut that footage purposely excluding who's in the helicopters during the attack.

I'm thinking it might be time to give the IM3 section a miss for the next month like I did with Avengers when it was close to release. It seems like the more spoilery stuff is really coming out now.

LokiD's a little behind on the party. Considering he still insists that Mandarin is an archaeologist, when it's already been stated outright by Feige and Black that he's an ex-spy who went Col. Kurtz on his agency (whichever agency that turns out to be).

Nah you've gotta look at it in context. He was a spy, but anthropologists and archaeologists often work as spies for gov't agencies when they are analyzing military battle sites and/or things need to be confidential. And we don't have all the clues yet.
His trophies are collected from a number of investigations at historical battle sites, where he worked as a military anthropologist for the gov't.

I never said he is one right now, I said he was one before he went up the river. Or perhaps what he found on one gov't sponsored investigation of a series of caves led to him finding the rings and starting almost a cult around them in the middle east.

What he was doing for the gov't before he went crazy is what I'm getting at.
He studies military artifacts at historical battle sites, but has been all over the world studying culture for the gov't. Finding hidden objects of power for the gov't. So far they had only found vibranium deposits, but the rings are something more.

What he was trained in way back makes him go all Heart of Darkness.
He knew the rings were made of a precious metal and kept them for himself.
He likes to keep the things he finds at anthropological sites.
Over time he was exposed to many ancient things the gov't was investigating, i.e. he has suspicions Atlantis existed, and was no ordinary archaeologist working for a gov't agency.

He was sponsored by them and trained by them when he toured the world and many of its cave systems. The cave thing is important because Mandarin and Iron Man were both born in a a cave.

Mandarin deconstructs culture, warps it and twists it into strange amalgamations, studied ancient technology and metallurgy.

Iron Man went into the cave and gave the world a new technology.
Mandarin hijacks technology new and ancient.

Lots of people working as anthropologists or archaeologists end up working as teachers because sometimes there just aren't that many dig sites around.

However, many who end up working for the gov't end up with big salaries because they do investigations on not just ancient things but on mass grave sites caused by war to assess the number of bodies, find the true victor of each battle, count the number of bullets spent.... a lot of the artifacts have to be left in the context they're found in to tell their story.

Mandarin pockets what he finds. collects these artifacts from all across world history.

That's why Mandi has to have some knowledge of archaeology.

Yes he's an ex spy who was entangled with Shield digging up objects of power so men like Red Skull couldn't, but he was never doing spy stuff...

Just working for spy agencies to secure objects of power...

He's very dangerous and has turned against the agencies that gave him basic combat training and martial arts training while wandering the world for them securing objects of power.

He found the rings and never returned. Like Kurtz when he goes up the river. He believes the rings are more than just the precious metal that absorbs energy.

The one used for Howard Stark's early inventions. That Tony re-created.
I'm not sure why he's so mad at Shield. But the revenge has something to do with Stark's legacy getting in his way again and again. He wanted Stane to control Stark Industries.
He came into contact with a lot of knowledge about the hidden power structures of the world, i.e. Shield etc.

Last edited:
What is the point of doing those essays? I mean seriously.

AiQMaAx.jpg

What is the point of doing those essays? I mean seriously.

Backstory. And to explain how I don't think anyone posting spoilers has actually seen the movie... I haven't seen it but I have info on two different ways they were considering for the mandarin's backstory. This is the variation I believe they went with. In the comics he travels the world learning martial arts and weird sciences, here he travels the world learning combat from the gov't and studying weird ancient technologies for the gov't. This caused him to determine that energies can be trapped, controlled, directed and harnessed by the rings... In the MCU science and magic are one and the same. Even Doctor Strange would be a very talented energy manipulator, who is more talented than most because he has a natural ability to direct energies with his mind, which is indeed almost magic and a little stranger form of science that won't be completely explained. and demons are more like extra dimensional beings.

There are still some huge things that haven't been revealed, like how the rings actually work to control the Extremis soldiers' minds...

We know it has something to do with Extremis at this point, but we need to look at how they were talking about "a slot in the mind that Extremis can fill" a while back.

LokiDionysos said:
He was a spy, but anthropologists and archaeologists often work as spies for gov't agencies when they are analyzing military battle sites and/or things need to be confidential.

Yeah, of course, this totally makes sense....

WHAT?!?

Actually, I think I'll sit around for a little bit longer and see how this mess unravels. lol

I remember seeing you on 4chan's /co/ saying you already saw the movie, Loki.

That's still possible and likely, but ya never know. As you mentioned, the LEGO booklet sort of contradicts IGN's description; [BLACKOUT]Mainly, Killian and Mandarin taking part in the Malibu scene[/BLACKOUT]. But Marvel could have cut that footage purposely excluding who's in the helicopters during the attack.

I'm fairly positive those LEGO comics come from two different sets. That last page, with Killian, is most likely tied to the set that features IM, WM, and Extremis Killian in the speedboat. What you've got there is a 3-page comic of the Malibu attack set, and the *1st page* of the comic for the Killian LEGO set.

Backstory. And to explain how I don't think anyone posting spoilers has actually seen the movie... I haven't seen it

A few days ago, someone was over at /co/ on 4chan using your handle *claiming* to have already seen the movie. I figured somebody was sock-puppeting you; guess I was right.

Anyway, the archaeologist studying ancient war trophies and such could turn out to be the case; doesn't sound that far-fetched to me....but I think it'll be simply that he was a field agent and/or assassin originally. Someone theorized a SHIELD agent earlier, and that very well could be the case.

I get the impression he originally idolized superheroes like Captain America (and maybe even Punisher, but that's a theory for a different thread) early on before becoming disillusioned with the whole shebang.

I don't think that's a Punisher sign by the way Cherokee. I think that's just a skull. It doesn't really resemble the Punisher's skull imo.

The rings being 'hidden objects of power' like a tesseract or something, simply don't fit in with what Feige and Black have been saying about the movie all along, that's it's a Tom Clancy style espionage movie. That just feels off and like someone is filling in the blanks with some lazy, comic book 'unstable molecule' type logic.

The rings being 'hidden objects of power' like a tesseract or something, simply don't fit in with what Feige and Black have been saying about the movie all along, that's it's a Tom Clancy style espionage movie. That just feels off and like someone is filling in the blanks with some lazy, comic book 'unstable molecule' type logic.

well they don't have to be, right? If there is some technology to them, that's not really.."hidden objects of power"..if it's a technological thing, ya know?

I actually know the ending of this film.... I learned it from ClevverMovies on YouTube. It's such a big SPOILER for all

Jaqua99 said:
well they don't have to be, right? If there is some technology to them, that's not really.."hidden objects of power"..if it's a technological thing, ya know?

But that still doesn't fit the genre. It's a bit too sci-fi when they've said their focus is more in line with a tech espionage/Spy thriller.

Nope...HE'S ACTUALLY

going to be revealed to be Peggy Carter post-sex change seeking revenge on Iron Man for his father's inability to find Steve in the past and therefore depriving her of a life spent with Steve. Hence the Cap tattoo on the back of the neck.
bwhahahaha

he's Peggy on the Credit Card commercials

no it's supposed to move but it's too BIG

Weird that's still happening. Wasn't it working for IrishAvenger though?

Are you uploading the pic from your computer or just using the url from the pic linked on the forums? If you're just using the upload option, try the url option to see if it makes a difference. Other than that I'd suggest getting a more tech savvy mod to have a look at your settings.

"Do you want an empty life. Or a meaningful death".

Man, I love that. I wonder who he's actually saying to though? Perhaps the ten ring followers?

This image of a theater standee was posted on the boxoffice.com forums. Note the blurb about a Thor exclusive at the bottom.

Iron_Man_3_Ar_Stand_Cine_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back