Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here Vartha, this should work.

vyrt2vY.gif
Thanks Bud! Yeah I have no clue why I have that problem.

Are you uploading the pic from your computer or just using the url from the pic linked on the forums? If you're just using the upload option, try the url option to see if it makes a difference. Other than that I'd suggest getting a more tech savvy mod to have a look at your settings.
Tried both and get the same response that the file is to big

"Do you want an empty life. Or a meaningful death".

Man, I love that. I wonder who he's actually saying to though? Perhaps the ten ring followers?
More than likely the followers in that one room they were in.

This image of a theater standee was posted on the boxoffice.com forums. Note the blurb about a Thor exclusive at the bottom.

Iron_Man_3_Ar_Stand_Cine_1.jpg

Google Translate reads that as:

'besides an exclusive preview of thor the dark world'

:yay:

More than likely the followers in that one room they were in.

Dunno. A bit earlier in the trailer Mandarin is telling him this will be the first day of the rest of his life. That quote wouldn't look too out of place if it follow in that scene. Plus there's a scene in the trailer where Stark is wearing rags (and possibly a bit beat up). Maybe Stark has been taken there by the Mandarin?

cool so looks like we will be getting some sort of Thor trailer with Iron Man for sure! can't wait.

Dunno. A bit earlier in the trailer Mandarin is telling him this will be the first day of the rest of his life. That quote wouldn't look too out of place if it follow in that scene. Plus there's a scene in the trailer where Stark is wearing rags (and possibly a bit beat up). Maybe Stark has been taken there by the Mandarin?

I'm hoping that early on in the film Tony takes on Mandarin head to head thinking he's no threat and gets his butt handed to him & ego bruised and then comes back at the end with all his new gadgets and returns the favor.

This image of a theater standee was posted on the boxoffice.com forums. Note the blurb about a Thor exclusive at the bottom.

Iron_Man_3_Ar_Stand_Cine_1.jpg

Huh. This makes me wonder if instead of tag scenes in Phase 2, we'll get "exclusive looks" at the next Marvel movie instead.

So who's the mysterious figure at 0:43?

[YT]Ke1Y3P9D0Bc[/YT]

Long hair; shades; greasy looking rags; cane.....leaning against a wall in a back alley. Male? Female? Hard to tell.

Mandarin's "you'll never see me coming" V.O. is playing in the background; makes me think that's Kingsley himself in a blind homeless person disguise....

[YT]Ke1Y3P9D0Bc[/YT]

Long hair; shades; greasy looking rags; cane.....leaning against a wall in a back alley. Male? Female? Hard to tell.

Mandarin's "you'll never see me coming" V.O. is playing in the background; makes me think that's Kingsley himself in a blind homeless person disguise....

It's Vanko :woot:

Looks like some kind of hippy. I'd guess it is Kingsley incognito.

[YT]Ke1Y3P9D0Bc[/YT]

initially I thought it might be another shot at Stozak's character but I totally forgot about that part. everyone's Kingsley's idea is probably more accurate.

Could it be Sal KennedY? he's an old hippie and a friend of Maya and Tony in the Extremis arc.?

I don't think that's Mandy saying that. I think it's actually Killian with the "first day of the rest of your life" speech..

I don't think that's Mandy saying that. I think it's actually Killian with the "first day of the rest of your life" speech..

huh? that sounds nothing like Killian and everything like mandarin?

Oh gosh not another who says what line when they're not on screen debates! haha. I remember when Avengers came out and there was the " Oh I thought I didn't qualify " line that was said by Tony when Coulsen comes over and there was a guy who was SO sure it was Cap saying that line and it went on for days haha... anyone remember that?

[YT]Ke1Y3P9D0Bc[/YT]

Yeah, I have been wondering the same thing ever since the trailer was released? It could just be a random extremis soldier also, but because the trailer shows a few clips from what I believe is the same area of the movie it would seem to me that the character might have some importance beyond just a standard extremis soldier. Maybe Firepower? Have we seen pictures of him yet? As for the Mandarin it could be, but I don't see a beard and that beard is not the type of thing you can grow out really quickly, so I am not so sure I buy that. Also, thinking about that image before with the torn pant leg and no shoe or sock and then the mysterious image of the person against the wall holding a gun, to me it looks like it could just be a victim of the blast and perhaps they are just standing there scared and ready to protect themselves if necessary. However, then once again the question would be why put so much emphasis on this section of the trailer with just an ordinary character? So regardless I would think they play some importance to the film. I guess we will just have to wait and see. Damn them! Lol

Surfer

Last edited:
maybe they are using SOME of the cold blood story and erik actually has a war injury and they give him a second chance at life with extremis instead of....making him a cyborg?

This one.

1776363.jpg

Where do you guys see this Skull? Are you talking about the somewhat white area behind the Mandarin with dark slits on the side that could represent I suppose the eyes of a Skull? I guess the triangular shape in the middle of his torso on the shaw could also represent the nose hole of the skull. If that is the skull in reference then I think it is a stretch to suggest it relates to the Punisher, but it may have been intentional done by the film crew to try to subliminally suggest death and destruction when viewing the image. Which is kind of cool!

Surfer

preview as in trailer?

i hope we get a trailer early, rather than wait till US release, which is like place the IM3 is gonna be out

Where do you guys see this Skull? Are you talking about the somewhat white area behind the Mandarin with dark slits on the side that could represent I suppose the eyes of a Skull? I guess the triangular shape in the middle of his torso on the shaw could also represent the nose hole of the skull. If that is the skull in reference then I think it is a stretch to suggest it relates to the Punisher, but it may have been intentional done by the film crew to try to subliminally suggest death and destruction when viewing the image. Which is kind of cool!

Surfer

What whomever pointed out (I can't remember who brought it up lol) It's the spot that is under his left arm (our right) extended sleeve that's hanging down. You can see a little red "teeth" area below it and one half of an "eye socket" on the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"