Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if that's what they did, it's going to piss a whole lot of people off and they had to know that going in. It's not the kind of "twist" ending that leaves people thrilled, but rather the kind that leaves them disappointed and confused as to why the writers would do something so lame. [e.g., [BLACKOUT]Bane being Talia's lackey in TDKR[/BLACKOUT].]
Only because Talia was awful and did nothing. If they develop Killian as a total badass and build the film around him, instead of shoehorning him in, then it'll work quite nicely

And I don't think it means Mandarin can't be interesting and well characterized on his own terms. But it's definitely not the Mandarin people were expecting.

RE: Become Iron Man - UK folks you are in luck:

HjiOjOm.jpg

OlIOo68.jpg

Trying on a model of the suit or some AR mirror (the latter would be disappointing...)

If the spoiler is true, I will owe one particular poster an apology, because they totally called it.

Still, I'm not a fan of it at all on the surface. I'll wait to see how it actually plays out in the movie, but the concept itself is pretty lame.

Apology accepted. ;)

I've never considered the concept lame, though, because
I believe AIM is going to play a much larger role in the Phase II movies. Mandarin and his Ten Rings organization were intended to just provide a backdrop enemy group for the Iron Man "trilogy," so it was unlikely that Ben Kingsley was hired for more than one film. Remember, MCU Iron Man has a lethal tendency to kill off his villains, except for Justin Hammer. AIM, on the other hand, will likely show up again in Cap's movie, maybe even Thor TDW during the Midgard sequences, and possibly might even play a role in TA2.

Also, a few bits of new scenes in that Chinese trailer today. The shot of Rhodey in civvies on the ground looking up at the sky
confirms what a lot of us already suspected --- someone else is wearing the Iron Patriot armor aboard AF1. Jack Taggert, most likely.

But if that's what they did, it's going to piss a whole lot of people off and they had to know that going in. It's not the kind of "twist" ending that leaves people thrilled, but rather the kind that leaves them disappointed and confused as to why the writers would do something so lame. [e.g., [BLACKOUT]Bane being Talia's lackey in TDKR[/BLACKOUT].]

lmao! Nah, it's more like John Blake IMO, because people wanted to see Robin so they gave Robin John Blake. Now in IM people wanted to see the Mandarin so we got him but not the main villain.

Also, a few bits of new scenes in that Chinese trailer today. The shot of Rhodey in civvies on the ground looking up at the sky
confirms what a lot of us already suspected --- someone else is wearing the Iron Patriot armor aboard AF1. Jack Taggert, most likely.

But...
I thought there was a shot of cheadle in the suit with the faceplate up that was onboard the plan?

oh disregard my last post, I know what you mean

he wears that same shirt in the dock battle so I'm wondering if that happens a different day because the scene where rhodey looks up might not even relate to the AF1 scene

Apology accepted. ;)

I believe AIM is going to play a much larger role in the Phase II movies. Mandarin and his Ten Rings organization were intended to just provide a backdrop enemy group for the Iron Man "trilogy," so it was unlikely that Ben Kingsley was hired for more than one film. Remember, MCU Iron Man has a lethal tendency to kill off his villains, except for Justin Hammer. AIM, on the other hand, will likely show up again in Cap's movie, maybe even Thor TDW during the Midgard sequences, and possibly might even play a role in TA2.

Don't get cocky! You also said Thor:TDW was about Ego, the living planet. :jedi

I'm betting it's computor and not an actual armor
RE: Become Iron Man - UK folks you are in luck:

HjiOjOm.jpg

OlIOo68.jpg

Trying on a model of the suit or some AR mirror (the latter would be disappointing...)

Only because Talia was awful and did nothing. If they develop Killian as a total badass and build the film around him, instead of shoehorning him in, then it'll work quite nicely

And I don't think it means Mandarin can't be interesting and well characterized on his own terms. But it's definitely not the Mandarin people were expecting.

but they seems to be shoehorning Mandarin right now if the said spoiler is true...

Apology accepted. ;)

maybe mandarin is still the main villain but they are baking up killian's role to establish AIM in phase 2

also he is wearing the same clothes till act 3...looks like the movie happens in a race against time idea.

Part of me finds this news lame. But the other part of me is thrilled that Guy Pearce's talents won't be wasted.

but they seems to be shoehorning Mandarin right now if the said spoiler is true...

How so?
He's the leader of the ten rings organization, he's got his followers, he has the full attention of the US Government (and Tony, for at least the first half of the movie, probably more). Just because it turns out Killian is behind all of the Extremis stuff and the actual big bad doesn't mean Mandarin won't have stuff to do. Just not super powered ring stuff :hehe:

That's alittle odd

You would think Killian would be Mandi's puppet
IF THIS IS TRUE (<==big IF), then this is a super spoiler. Consider yourself warned.

Last chance...
This is what I got from Chewy, who I think got it from the boxoffice.com site: For a while now we've known that Mandarin's rings aren't alien, and don't have any powers. Black and Feige and co have described him as this ex-military guy who went a nuts along the way, is obsessed with Sun Tzu, and crafted the Mandarin persona. So the question we've all been asking is: If Ben Kingsley's Mandarin is the villain of the movie, and he doesn't have any powers, how do you stage a big third act with a bunch of suits of armor around that?

And the answer is apparent that he isn't, and you don't. Guy Pearce's Aldrich Killian is the villain, was from the beginning. He uses the Mandarin as his mouthpiece/symbol/distraction, and Mandarin dies during the movie.

So that's the spoiler, and it makes sense with what we know - Killian funnels out the Extremis soldiers, and the third act will presumably be Tony and Rhodey and all those suits versus Killian and his soldiers in that warehouse. And you can have a third act that involves the big villain in the big fight, as Killian will presumably inject himself with it too.

The spoiler info is not that surprising to me. But I think there will be a third villain revealed, and if you've read the Extremis comic, you should know who I am talking about.

How so?
He's the leader of the ten rings organization, he's got his followers, he has the full attention of the US Government (and Tony, for at least the first half of the movie, probably more). Just because it turns out Killian is behind all of the Extremis stuff and the actual big bad doesn't mean Mandarin won't have stuff to do. Just not super powered ring stuff :hehe:

Exactly.

However, here's the thing.

The rumor with twist says that
Killian is the main villain, and Mandarin is not,

where as the second and, yet to be debunked, /co/ rumor indicates

That Mandarin is the main villain. However, as far as Extremis is concerned, Killian is the big threat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"