Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if its overly reliable on this front, but IMDB has the runtime listed at 140 minutes, which is far more believable.

I can understand making them about Cap level, but geez Asgardian level strength and durability from a virus?

Talk about an insane power boost, might as well give some to The Avengers then.

Some of the things the Extremis virus is rumored/shown to do in the movie:

Cause limbs to regenerate.
Have other healing/regenerative properties.
Give the user superhuman strength. Car-chucking strength.
Allow the user to breathe fire.

These guys --- Coldblood, Firepower, Brandt, Killian, Mandarin, maybe even Pepper --- are going to look like gods themselves. We haven't even seen them in *real* action in the trailers yet.

Thor was 1 hr. 54 min. Incredible Hulk was 1 hr. 55 min. I can't conceive that IM3 and the sense of the story I get, could be jammed into only 1 hr. 49 min. It's possible, and if it's true it will have to be done perfectly to have an in depth story alongside the action scenes.

Actually the more I think about. There's just no way 109 min is the running time. That would mean the movie (story wise) would be probably only 102 at best excluding opening and end credits. 1 hr. 42 min. .....I'm not buying it.

109 minutes was out onto IMDB months ago by a user... I think people just picked it up, it's not even that anymore on IMDB

109 mins run-time? Surely thats incorrect, if not this is very dissapointing, with the amount of characters, action and storylines this movie seems to have, a run-time of 2 hrs seems the least it would need.

Because the Avengers aren't an American outfit. Nor is SHIELD, which is an international organization.
Has this been explicitly stated as the status of SHIELD in the MCU. Or are you pulling information from the comics? Because then we get into muddy waters. Because The Ultimates, from which this pulls a lot of inspiration, was government sponsored. If there is no cinematic precedent, then we can't resolutely say whether the SHIELD are government sponsored or not.

Well I mean, wasn't Captain America enlisted within the US Army before he was lost in the arctic? Even though SHIELD found him and gave him new gear, I thought he was still a part of the US Government's military.

The thing is Captain America is his own agent. Sure he has strong affiliations with S.H.I.E.L.D and the US government, but he goes beyond politics. In modern comic book runs, he rarely trust the government or the politics in charge, and is hell-bent on not getting involved into politics. He trust his own judgment and sometimes disobey orders, or goes off-mission to do what he thinks is right. You can't keep him in check and use him for your political needs.

109 mins run-time? Surely thats incorrect, if not this is very dissapointing, with the amount of characters, action and storylines this movie seems to have, a run-time of 2 hrs seems the least it would need.

imbd had the run time listed some time ago as 109 minutes but now shows it at 140. I am not sure what to believe at this point. imbd can be garbage when it comes to information about movies anyhow. I do like some aspects of their boards at times.

Yeah, 109 minutes seems a bit short for a Marvel film

The Incredible Hulk had the shortest run-time so far with just 112 minutes. It seems that Marvel has only been increasing their films' run-times since then, so I also find a 109-minute run-time for IM3 rather unbelievable.

6139_10151501953737290_510209977_n.jpg

Oh, lawd. It's coming.

Now let's get this s**t out of the way so MoS can come out!

Kidding...okay, not really. Kinda. I love you, Iron Man. Bye now.

Man of Sh-- j/k. Srsly. :oldrazz:
oh wait, the new Superman movie? From the 300 guy? lost all interest in that after that trailer. Not that I was expecting anything good from Snyder anyway.
So...people are excited about that? how comes? have they not seen the trailer yet or is it just a DC thing I don't understand?

oh wait, the new Superman movie? From the 300 guy? lost all interest in that after that trailer. Not that I was expecting anything good from Snyder anyway.
So...people are excited about that? how comes? have they not seen the trailer yet or is it just a DC thing I don't understand?

What do you mean, "people are excited about that?"

Have you been under a rock this entire time? Crawl out, please. The trailer is what got a lot more people excited, by the way. :whatever:

But yeah, so how about that IM3.

6 weeks is gonna feel like 6 months, especially with the movie coming out early oversees...

Hahaha wow

You mean the most finely constructed superhero trailer ever? That one? Yea, I can't ever imagine why people would be seduced by that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"