Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops my bad. 1 hr. 52 min. 26 sec. to be exact. It was 1 hr. 55 min. for Disc 2. So it rounds to 113. Oh well. We should be getting official word soon with an official MPAA rating.

Nice, do that. I love TIH. Black sheep of the MCU notwithstanding, I still like Norton as Banner.

I love that movie. I especially love when it airs on TV and they incorporate the deleted scenes.

I really hope Iron Man is as an exceptional story as RDJ raved about right before Avengers came out. He said it was the best script he had ever read...or something to that effect.

I am in love with this shot. :hrt:

tumblr_mjzympg1jd1qj4zo3o5_250.gif

Where in the world are you getting this clip from?

EDIT: Never mind...found it.

Last edited:
from now on I'll only be referring to 'The Mandarin' as 'Zurg'

Is it possible the run time is actually a trailer run time for 1 minute and 50 odd seconds? This happened with TDKR: a trailer run time was mixed up for the film's run time by a film site.

Is it possible the run time is actually a trailer run time for 1 minute and 50 odd seconds? This happened with TDKR: a trailer run time was mixed up for the film's run time by a film site.

there are certain things that i dont think marvel will risk it like [BLACKOUT]Madarin being a filler villain and not using his rings[/BLACKOUT] and run time being that low.

You mean the most finely constructed superhero trailer ever? That one? Yea, I can't ever imagine why people would be seduced by that.

I think your fanboy-ness is showing. It's a good trailer but most finely constructed ever? Hmm, not seeing it. It's pretty well running with a whole pack of others that are just as good. Considering they started filming nearly a whole 2 years before that trailer came out(pretty much unheard of these days) I'd be suprised if it came out anything other than good.

You mean the most finely constructed superhero trailer ever? That one? Yea, I can't ever imagine why people would be seduced by that.

maybe your fanboyness is getting a little bit ahead of you.
the mos trailer wasn't that good, it was just there to hold the already building hype. the voice overs were good but they barely showed any good footage.
The second trailer would mostly likely blow everyones mind.
TBH the new IM3 trailer wasn't that amazing either. My excitement for the trailer barely increased but then again it is already at its peaks. The first IM3 trailer was actually really good since it brought a little dark tone and some neat footage.

imo the second trailer avengers was the best trailer ever...
then dark knight and so on...
mos has yet to show its strengths

The Man of Steel trailer was ****ing awesome, I don't know what you're all on about. Best ever might be a bit much but selling it short is just as bad as overstating it.

The Man of Steel trailer was ****ing awesome, I don't know what you're all on about. Best ever might be a bit much but selling it short is just as bad as overstating it.

Absolutely.
I just wish they could've used the music from the SDCC teaser, which was drawn from Zimmer's score for The Thin Red Line. That was absolutely epic.

I found it both MOS trailers boring and the music dreary and depressing. The teaser used the music from the scene after Gandalf died in FOTR, which is the most god-awful depressing piece of music imaginable. I kept waiting for them to show me the money (shots) but it never happened. The prospect of 2-1/2 hours of that is positively mind-numbing. Yeah, I know, the trailer =/= the movie, but it's supposed to sell us on how exciting the movie will be. On that count MOS's trailers have failed.

I wonder if the TV spot tonight is just a clip. I kinda hope not.

Well Don was on Leno lastnight and only mentioned IM3 a bit and said his kids played with the Iron Patriot Action figure. They mostly talked about the tv show he's on
[YT]77soDkiMjbs[/YT]

Last edited:

I think I'm doing neither. Just trying to soberly give my take on the MoS trailer. It's not all that difficult considering the fact that I have no emotional attachment to the character, so whether the film is a smash success or a dismal failure in no skin off my nose either way. The trailer was very good. But I don't see any reason to rate it higher than that. All the Iron Man, TDK(R) and Avengers trailers were just as good in my eyes.

And teasers/trailers are certainly no guarantee that the finished film will be any good. I still say the greatest teaser I've ever seen was the one for Anghulk that was attached to Spidey1(the bathroom scene teaser), and I ended up hating that movie above all others that have ever been made in Hollywood history. So....no guarantee, indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"