Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, just reposting my thoughts on the spoilers that I posted a few pages back. Pretty sure they got buried by the Mandarin hate...if not, sorry for reposting.

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!

1. [BLACKOUT]Ben Kingsley Is A Decoy Mandarin[/BLACKOUT]

Still not sure how I feel about this one yet. I'd like to believe that things are worded/presented in such a way that there is a possibility that this isn't as cut and dry and is seems.

We've heard a few people mention that it is [BLACKOUT]Killian who believes that he is playing the Mandarin when the truth is, in fact, the other way around.[/BLACKOUT] And we've also had a few people give hints about [BLACKOUT]Mandarin "collecting" things and being a "collector". [/BLACKOUT] Those bits of information don't really seem to fit this apparently straight forward twist...so I'm still holding out hope.

However, even if The Mandarin is [BLACKOUT]merely an actor hired by Killian[/BLACKOUT]...if it's portrayed in such an amazing way as twitter reactions are to have us believe, then I suppose I might just be fine with it.

2. [BLACKOUT]Aldrich Killian Is The Real Mandarin[/BLACKOUT]

This part of the twist is even more confusing than the idea of the [BLACKOUT]"decoy Mandarin".[/BLACKOUT]

If Killian really is [BLACKOUT]The Mandarin (and has always been all along), then he's been the driving force behind the Ten Rings terrorist organization and all of their terror plots and schemes since the even before IM1.[/BLACKOUT] Killian's motivations are going to have to be explained in some depth for this idea to make any sense in regards to furthering his agenda.

I, again, think there's more to this than the article offers. [BLACKOUT]Perhaps Killian exclaims that he is the real Mandarin because he is drunk with power. Maybe he's just playing head games with Tony. Maybe he's been made to believe he really is the Mandarin by no one other than the Mandarin himself in a complex game of double-cross used to protect the real Mandarin (whether he be Ben Kingsley, or some yet unseen TRUE Mandarin pulling the strings)[/BLACKOUT]

3. [BLACKOUT]Pepper Becomes Infected With Extremis[/BLACKOUT]

This sounds like a fun idea until we get to the part in the article which says that she is [BLACKOUT]not cured by the end of the film and it is only implied that she may be cured later by Tony.[/BLACKOUT]

I, for one, am not fond of seeing [BLACKOUT]super-Pepper[/BLACKOUT] in future films. As a one-time novelty it's great. But that's it.

4. [BLACKOUT]Tony Destroys All The Iron Man Suits[/BLACKOUT]

Ugh. [BLACKOUT]Just when we get all these unique and awesome suits, we get one big battle scene with them and...they're gone?[/BLACKOUT]

On the one hand, I'm not surprised...but I'm still disappointed. I mean...[BLACKOUT]does he really need to destroy all of them? If he says he's still "Iron Man" at the end, then he's obviously just going to build more suits again. So why destroy absolutely all of them? Why not just keep at least one to use primarily?[/BLACKOUT]

5. [BLACKOUT]Tony Has The Arc Reactor Removed[/BLACKOUT]

It'll take some getting used to, but it was going to happen eventually.

It's been pretty well established (albeit subtly) that Tony [BLACKOUT]is basically holding onto the arc reactor because he thinks it helps make him who he is. But since they're going with the whole "Tony finding himself" character arc, it makes sense for it to go.[/BLACKOUT]

So what you're saying is, Mandrin is about as Mysterious as Coulson being dead right now right?

Hey, just reposting my thoughts on the spoilers that I posted a few pages back. Pretty sure they got buried by the Mandarin hate...if not, sorry for reposting.

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!

I, again, think there's more to this than the article offers. [BLACKOUT]Perhaps Killian exclaims that he is the real Mandarin because he is drunk with power. Maybe he's just playing head games with Tony. Maybe he's been made to believe he really is the Mandarin by no one other than the Mandarin himself in a complex game of double-cross used to protect the real Mandarin (whether he be Ben Kingsley, or some yet unseen TRUE Mandarin pulling the strings)[/BLACKOUT]

Ive been saying it...there are things we are suppose to miss, the first time seeing this...I guarentee Killian wasn't the mandarin, and later on some double cross thing will be revealed, and Mandarin is still hiding in plan site

also, what do you guys think the chances are of there being another post credit scene? I mean, the movie isnt officially released yet

before IM3 i thought they might kill him off in Avengers 2.... now im not so sure, but still wouldn't be surprised

Agreed. I think Cap and Thor have a little more longevity than Stark, notably because of the age of the actors. Those guys will definitely stay through Avengers 3. IM4 is not going to happen with RDJ. A3 he may have a small role if he isn't killed off before that. I think ASM/Cap/Thor 3 wil be nice filler movies before Avengers 3 in 2018, along with Dr. Strange and Ant-Man.

wow monthly payments for as little as $1,700 a month! :whatever:
Yup lol
My 30 dollar gift card from the Best buy Avengers gift set wouldn't even cover postage from that lol

It's the nature of the MCU that there can't be reboots, so I think it's odd that some people think IM will be killed off. Don't see that happening.

It's the nature of the MCU that there can't be reboots, so I think it's odd that some people think IM will be killed off. Don't see that happening.

I can see (and hope) Iron Man being killed off in Avengers 2 and being brought back in Avengers 3 ala Star Trek 2 and 3.

Man, I hope that's not the case. I want to keep the "He's Dead! Just kidding!" stuff to the comics.

A quick question, and sorry if it has been covered.

Does anyone know yet what armor Tony jumps into in the final battle?

Yeah, I know, and it (potentially) blows. I'm waiting to hear what the excuse is for Coulson being back on the show.

Could you possibly tell me which ones, especially the one they keep showing in the trailer?

cant remember all of them myself but he def jumped into the silver centurian and that one with the elongated arms at points

Could you possibly tell me which ones, especially the one they keep showing in the trailer?
I remember Heartbreaker, and Shotgun and maybe two others. But you know, it took place at night and the 3D glasses weren't helping. But you don't really see the suits to their full potential (Igor's a waste). There are so many, and it's mostly a "character-centered" climax. But they do some pretty badass combos here and there.

cant remember all of them myself but he def jumped into the silver centurian and that one with the elongated arms at points

Thank you. [BLACKOUT]Is the Sliver Centurion the one he jumps into in the trailer?[/BLACKOUT]

I believe Shotgun is the name of the one in the trailer.

The hyper velocity suit?

mark40.jpg

The hyper velocity suit?

Maybe.. I could be wrong, but that's what I thought he jumps into off the crane or w/e. I haven't been keeping up with the tv spots or images so I'm probably not the best one to ask lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"