Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so curious to click that link.. but I think I'll try and avoid it haha.

Thanks, I appreciate it. Needed to know for sure if it was something I needed to see first to determine if my young boys could watch or not.
You're welcome.

Also I don't know how old your boys are, but some stuff regarding the Extremis soldiers could be pretty intimidating.

I am going to ask my question again, hopefully it gets answered this time...haha

@Kingdork
Do we see the War Machine armor in action, and how much screentime does it get?

As a Shane Black fan this film sounds great. I'm not that invested in the marvel universe so maybe that's why I like the twist.

Question for those who have seen it. How is the climatic action sequence? Is it better than the first 2 films climaxes?

That's kinda funny if true (potential real big spoiler for Iron Man 3 and some other past comic movies do not read you have been warned)

Guy Pearce was once considered for Ra's al Ghul in Batman Begins. Yeah this twist might cause some controversy, since it may be more like the way TDKR was marketed and played out.

Might not want to click that Whatculture article. Or maybe, you do... and prepare yourself.

So, in regards to that spoiler-filled article, some thoughts...

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!!

Ben Kingsley Is A Decoy Mandarin

Still not sure how I feel about this one yet. I'd like to believe that things are worded/presented in such a way that there is a possibility that this isn't as cut and dry and is seems.

We've heard a few people mention that it is Killian who believes that he is playing the Mandarin when the truth is, in fact, the other way around. And we've also had a few people give hints about Mandarin "collecting" things and being a "collector". Those bits of information don't really seem to fit this apparently straight forward twist...so I'm still holding out hope.

However, even if The Mandarin is merely an actor hired by Killian...if it's portrayed in such an amazing way as twitter reactions are to have us believe, then I suppose I might just be fine with it.

Aldrich Killian Is The Real Mandarin

This part of the twist is even more confusing than the idea of the "decoy Mandarin".

If Killian really is The Mandarin (and has always been all along), then he's been the driving force behind the Ten Rings terrorist organization and all of their terror plots and schemes since the even before IM1. Killian's motivations are going to have to be explained in some depth for this idea to make any sense in regards to furthering his agenda.

I, again, think there's more to this than the article offers. Perhaps Killian exclaims that he is the real Mandarin because he is drunk with power. Maybe he's just playing head games with Tony. Maybe he's been made to believe he really is the Mandarin by no one other than the Mandarin himself in a complex game of double-cross used to protect the real Mandarin (whether he be Ben Kingsley, or some yet unseen TRUE Mandarin pulling the strings)

Pepper Becomes Infected With Extremis

This sounds like a fun idea until we get to the part in the article which says that she is not cured by the end of the film and it is only implied that she may be cured later by Tony.

I, for one, am not fond of seeing super-Pepper in future films. As a one-time novelty it's great. But that's it.

Tony Destroys All The Iron Man Suits

Ugh. Just when we get all these unique and awesome suits, we get one big battle scene with them and...they're gone?

On the one hand, I'm not surprised...but I'm still disappointed. I mean...does he really need to destroy all of them? If he says he's still "Iron Man" at the end, then he's obviously just going to build more suits again. So why destroy absolutely all of them? Why not just keep at least one to use primarily?

Tony Has The Arc Reactor Removed

It'll take some getting used to, but it was going to happen eventually.

It's been pretty well established (albeit subtly) that Tony is basically holding onto the arc reactor because he thinks it helps make him who he is. But since they're going with the whole "Tony finding himself" character arc, it makes sense for it to go.

I am going to ask my question again, hopefully it gets answered this time...haha

@Kingdork
Do we see the War Machine armor in action, and how much screentime does it get?
No War Machine. Iron Patriot is the name.

Question for those who have seen it. How is the climatic action sequence? Is it better than the first 2 films climaxes?
I'm just gonna say... HOLY ****BALLS, YES!!!

You're welcome.

Also I don't know how old your boys are, but some stuff regarding the Extremis soldiers could be pretty intimidating.

It's funny you mention that, I had those same concerns.

How would that work for Tony not to have the Arc Reactor anymore? He explained in Avengers how it kept him alive.

How would that work for Tony not to have the Arc Reactor anymore? He explained in Avengers how it kept him alive.

He could have easily had the shrapnel removed by now. probably as early as when he first got home from captivity.

He just chose not to.

Maybe the new arc reactor was able to heal his heart?

No War Machine. Iron Patriot is the name.

I'm just gonna say... HOLY ****BALLS, YES!!!

So, Rhodey just sticks with the Iron Patriot for the entirety of the film?

In the REAL story, Tony gets the Extremis injected into him and it heals him of the shard(s). It also gives him a substantial power upgrade. But, as is plainly evident with this "film", they have no respect for the source material.

People who keep wishing that Kingsley is really playing Killian and not the other way around, or the real Mandarin is still out there, remind me of Batfans who first heard that Joker wasn't permawhite, and so they convinced themselves that he was really permawhite, but wore flesh colored makeup, and then painted his face white on top of that.

Sometimes, you just have to accept that things you want aren't the things you'll get.

Can Anyone describe in spoilers please how Ellen Brandt is in the movie? Does she totally beat the **** out of Tony in the film? I hear Tony has multiple run ins with her and she totally kicks his ass?

Wait no war machine armor in the film at all? The grey and black I mean. It's iron patriot the whole time?

But, as is plainly evident with this "film", they have no respect for the source material.

idIfRlq.gif

People who keep wishing that Kingsley is really playing Killian and not the other way around, or the real Mandarin is still out there, remind me of Batfans who first heard that Joker wasn't permawhite, and so they convinced themselves that he was really permawhite, but wore flesh colored makeup, and then painted his face white on top of that.

Sometimes, you just have to accept that things you want aren't the things you'll get.

Well my friend, if that was the case, Marvel should've been smarter and used one of IM's NUMEROUS nobody villains rather than ruin his greatest adversary. Even worse, play the "Mandarin" up to get the REAL fans excited about this movie and then lay this crap on us?! What did they think? We were gonna sit there and laugh it off and say it's "a genius twist"? They offended and basically made one of the premiere villains in the Marvel Universe into a damn joke and I'm supposed to have my wishes all shut up because of this continuous need to dumb down Marvel physics/science/magic for the General Audience's sake?

Every year I take my entire family to see every Marvel movie. Its an event for us. Thank God almighty I read the spoilers otherwise I would've popped a vein in the theater in rage! I've been Marvel's biggest supporter but this was the final straw. They lied to all of us (longtime fans) and thought that we'd all be ok with it? I'm done. Take your sorry excuse for an Iron Man coated Lethal Weapon movie Marvel and shove it. This from someone who drops $200+ a month on your books and watched all your movies in theaters no less than 8 times each. Thanks for your loyalty to you're real fans. Hopefully your flash in the pan fans remember your characters when your movies wear out their welcome.

There had to get that off my chest.

In the REAL story, Tony gets the Extremis injected into him and it heals him of the shard(s). It also gives him a substantial power upgrade. But, as is plainly evident with this "film", they have no respect for the source material.

Amen to this.

Well my friend, if that was the case, Marvel should've been smarter and used one of IM's NUMEROUS nobody villains rather than ruin his greatest adversary. Even worse, play the "Mandarin" up to get the REAL fans excited about this movie and then lay this crap on us?! What did they think? We were gonna sit there and laugh it off and say it's "a genius twist"? They offended and basically made one of the premiere villains in the Marvel Universe into a damn joke and I'm supposed to have my wishes all shut up because of this continuous need to dumb down Marvel physics/science/magic for the General Audience's sake?

Every year I take my entire family to see every Marvel movie. Its an event for us. Thank God almighty I read the spoilers otherwise I would've popped a vein in the theater in rage! I've been Marvel's biggest supporter but this was the final straw. They lied to all of us (longtime fans) and thought that we'd all be ok with it? I'm done. Take your sorry excuse for an Iron Man coated Lethal Weapon movie Marvel and shove it. This from someone who drops $200+ a month on your books and watched all your movies in theaters no less than 8 times each. Thanks for your loyalty to you're real fans. Hopefully your flash in the pan fans remember your characters when your movies wear out their welcome.

Nice 3rd post

:highfive:

I spoiled nothing. Nothing in my post states what happens......there are many contexts and ways to ruin characters...........

file.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"