Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Spoiler tags....spoiler tags....spoiler tags.....

It was one of the trailers shown at my theater...there is no conspiracy...it's the luck of the draw.

They showed it at my theater also, but not the newest one. I was a little disappointed because the newer one is absolutely incredible, but whatever. Glad I got to see one in the first place.

that's what i would think..but it depends on how damaged his body is..but that seems to simple. I don't know, cause Fiege did say there are things we wouldn't pick up on until multiple viewings, and the whole hijacking thing, and tony hinting at himself maybe taking extremis, and the fact that the whole movie was in fact a memory of an unstable tony stark, would lead me to think there is more going on...the theme of this movie to me seemed like what extremis can do to the mind...think about it, stark handled is panic attacks, he had a complete character arc...so..WHY is he seeing a therapist if he sort of leveled out? He must not have, there must be something going on in his head, that, and the fact that the movie is his recollection makes me think there is more going on, and it hints it through out the movie, and THAT is what I think fiege was referring to. hence my deliberate attempt to think way outside the box.

Very interesting indeed; but the way I see it, Tony injecting with Extremis would diminish his story arch; the begining of the movie and through has him feeling insecure about "gods, aliens, other dimentions" being around and him not feeling powerful enough, but by the end he realizes who he is, he's "the mechanic", he IS Iron Man not because of his suits, but because of his brains and courage, he realizes that he's only human, AND THAT'S FINE; he doesn't need to be more than that because that's what makes him a hero and he can finally accept himself for what he is; quoting the premise of the movie "the suit makes the man or the man makes the suit", I think he proved that the man makes the suit.

At least that's how I interpreted it; but it's awesome that a movie can spread all kinds of different interpretations, that's why this one succeds IMHO.

Polux

The only reason he injected Extremis in the comics was because he had no choice. He had to do it to stop Malen. He was injured, to the point of death and Extremis was the only alternative. Also he modified Extremis so he could interface with the Armor faster, so it was not what Malen was injected with.

Oh boy, I understand some people fell in love with this film, but Oscar worthy..?

There is *ZERO* chance that this film is getting nominated in anything other than the usual departments these films have the tendency to appear (visual FX, sound, etc). RDJ's performance was great, but far from Oscar worthy, and he ain't getting any nomination, let alone a change of winning. You can quote me on that in 2014.

I doubt anyone realistically thinks this movie's going to win an Oscar. I loved it and I'd be shocked if it did.

Very interesting indeed; but the way I see it, Tony injecting with Extremis would diminish his story arch; the begining of the movie and through has him feeling insecure about "gods, aliens, other dimentions" being around and him not feeling powerful enough, but by the end he realizes who he is, he's "the mechanic", he IS Iron Man not because of his suits, but because of his brains and courage, he realizes that he's only human, AND THAT'S FINE; he doesn't need to be more than that because that's what makes him a hero and he can finally accept himself for what he is; quoting the premise of the movie "the suit makes the man or the man makes the suit", I think he proved that the man makes the suit.

At least that's how I interpreted it; but it's awesome that a movie can spread all kinds of different interpretations, that's why this one succeds IMHO.

Polux

it definitely would diminish the character arc. But that's what I am saying, if everything isn't exactly what it seems, maybe Killian did somehow get inside his mind, maybe killian did do something to him

They showed it at my theater also, but not the newest one. I was a little disappointed because the newer one is absolutely incredible, but whatever. Glad I got to see one in the first place.

I wanted to see trailer #3 in theaters and the trailer for Thor 2. Instead we got the first Superman trailer , After Earth , and Star Trek Into Darkness. Which was good , but I was shocked at only three trailers.

that's what i would think..but it depends on how damaged his body is..but that seems to simple. I don't know, cause Fiege did say there are things we wouldn't pick up on until multiple viewings, and the whole hijacking thing, and tony hinting at himself maybe taking extremis, and the fact that the whole movie was in fact a memory of an unstable tony stark, would lead me to think there is more going on...the theme of this movie to me seemed like what extremis can do to the mind...think about it, stark handled is panic attacks, he had a complete character arc...so..WHY is he seeing a therapist if he sort of leveled out? He must not have, there must be something going on in his head, that, and the fact that the movie is his recollection makes me think there is more going on, and it hints it through out the movie, and THAT is what I think fiege was referring to. hence my deliberate attempt to think way outside the box.
So I notice the theory survived a good nights rest. :D that's good!

I still very much hope that they threw us all for a loop. Anyone seen the last episode of the BBC Sherlock? [BLACKOUT] remember when Moriarty pretended to be an actor to fool everyone but Holmes?[/BLACKOUT]

Well I'm starting to get a real Moriarty vibe from The Mandarin/Trevor Slattery.

Oh boy, I understand some people fell in love with this film, but Oscar worthy..?

There is *ZERO* chance that this film is getting nominated in anything other than the usual departments these films have the tendency to appear (visual FX, sound, etc). RDJ's performance was great, but far from Oscar worthy, and he ain't getting any nomination, let alone a change of winning. You can quote me on that in 2014.

I don't think it will get nominated either, but Richard Roeper was the first person I heard mention 'award worthy' (he didn't specify Oscar), so don't act like this is coming from left field.

It was one of the trailers shown at my theater...there is no conspiracy...it's the luck of the draw.

No MOS trailer in my theater either. I don't think it was attached, which was a huge mistake by WB if that's true (that' your freaking target audience WB) I did see the MOS trailer at Oblivion.

I wanted to see trailer #3 in theaters and the trailer for Thor 2. Instead we got the first Superman trailer , After Earth , and Star Trek Into Darkness. Which was good , but I was shocked at only three trailers.

You only had three trailers? Dang dude. Mine had Thor, Star Trek, Superman, After Earth, Fast 6, Hunger Games, and The Lone Ranger.
Why do different theater chains show different trailers for different movies, does anyone know?

Not "serious" enough to be considered for an Oscar probably. But a fantastic performance by a great actor who brings his all to the roll.

Well he was nominated for best supporting actor in Tropic Thunder so

I don't think it will get nominated either, but Richard Roeper was the first person I heard mention 'award worthy' (he didn't specify Oscar), so don't act like this is coming from left field.

Well, it is. Unless we're talking about VFX and **** like that, which there's a huge chance this movie. Other than than, I'm really curious as to what kind of awards Richard was talking about...

Well, it is. Unless we're talking about VFX and **** like that, which there's a huge chance this movie. Other than than, I'm really curious as to what kind of awards Richard was talking about...

He was talking about Downey, which was obviously what he was talking about.

He was talking about Downey, which was obviously what he was talking about.

Was he talking about Academy Awards, or MTV Movie Awards, or whatever? That was my question.

Was he talking about Academy Awards, or MTV Movie Awards, or whatever? That was my question.

He never specified, as the poster also said. Roeper just said "award worthy". And as I said he was nominated best supporting actor Oscar for tropic thunder. So I'm saying it doesn't really seem out of left field to be nominated for some type of award, Oscar or not.

He never specified, as the poster also said. Roeper just said "award worthy". And as I said he was nominated best supporting actor Oscar for tropic thunder. So I'm saying it doesn't really seem out of left field to be nominated for some type of award, Oscar or not.

And as I said, he's not getting an Oscar nomination for that, and you can quote me if I turn out wrong. That being said, I think him being nominated or not is irrelevant - the performance was great, people like it, I like it (even though I didn't like the movie), so that's what matters most.

Going to see it in about 10 minutes :D

Just had a thought about something. I recently saw two different cast listings for the vice president character.

In the movie it was Miguel Ferrer. But in earlier stories and notes it was a different actor, Marco Sanchez. Were those all fake listings? Or could he have played the vice president and they re-cast the role and maybe re-filmed his scenes at the last minute? If you look at Ferrer's scenes, all of them look like they could've been easily re-shot even after principal production was over.

Also, time to ban Dr. Sid Jawtug.

Where was the PETER PARKER CAMEO Dr. Sid?

C. Lee, get the ban hammer ready.

Also as far as awards, I don't think the critical support is there. It's only got a 77% on RT right now.

It won't get any big awards beyond technical, FX, sound design, etc.

I haven't seen MOS before any movies recently either...it's like they're doing it on purpose.

I've seen the MOS trailer before just about every movie I've seen in the last two months, including IM3.

Last night, we had trailers for: The Lone Ranger, The Wolverine, Thor, Hunger Games, After Earth, Star Trek, and Man of Steel.

Also guys, honestly I think Feige was playing us about seeing stuff that will play out in Phase 2. To me there was nothing overtly there to comment on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"