Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Even the fact that the film is a massive hit and people find it funny has been cited as proof that it's really not good. "People laughed at the Bayformers, too!" "__________ also made lots of cash and it sucked!" :whatever:

Well, what do you say to that? Is Transformers good because it made a lot of money and people liked it? If you're going to use that justification for Iron Man 3, I don't see why other films should be different.

Disclaimer: I think Iron Man 3 is a good movie even though I was disappointed by it.

It seems like there's an echo chamber effect here, with the few who dislike the movie posting and re-posting their negative views, reinforcing each other and convincing themselves that the majority shares their hate. Any time the objective facts are brought up, whether it be the film's gross, audience reaction, polling, etc., they find a way to dismiss it or turn it around.

Even the fact that the film is a massive hit and people find it funny has been cited as proof that it's really not good. "People laughed at the Bayformers, too!" "__________ also made lots of cash and it sucked!" :whatever:

Don't forget all those critics who were paid off to deliver favorable reviews. :o

JAK®;25799169 said:
Disclaimer: I think Iron Man 3 is a good movie even though I was disappointed by it.

That's pretty much where I am on it as well.

The problem is that a lot of the haters set up a completely unfalsifiable statement: 'this movie is bad', end of story, while denying any possibility of evidence to the contrary. If you want to claim a movie is *objectively* bad, than you should present some form of evidence for it. . . or more accurately, present what evidence *would* have proven it good.

Instead, critic reviews are discounted as "bought", box office success is discounted as "sheeple", and any individuals holding different opinions are discounted as "blind fanboyism".

I'm aware of that. I just can't believe someone actually pitched having the villain bone the MCU's most popular female and make a sex tape. And then play it in Home Depot. A tacky draft is still tacky whether it's the final product or tossed into the shredder.

Tacky stuff like that is part of early drafts all the time. Heck, the first Iron Man very nearly had a scene where Tony essentially tells three girls to start getting it on before he goes and blows up some terrorists. It even got filmed.

Tacky stuff like that is part of early drafts all the time. Heck, the first Iron Man very nearly had a scene where Tony essentially tells three girls to start getting it on before he goes and blows up some terrorists. It even got filmed.

There's a difference between three random chicks at the start of the franchise and Pepper Potts in Iron Man 3. Marvel even gave her a cameo in Avengers. But as Tony says, "Whatever."

I will admit, given the somewhat goofy/lighthearted tone of the movie, I wonder how serious Tony and Pepper would have taken the situation.

Eh I've seen the movie twice. He's not saying whatever to pepper. Just the suit. Its not a commentary on pepper at all. People read too much into things

There's a difference between three random chicks at the start of the franchise and Pepper Potts in Iron Man 3. Marvel even gave her a cameo in Avengers. But as Tony says, "Whatever."

I will admit, given the somewhat goofy/lighthearted tone of the movie, I wonder how serious Tony and Pepper would have taken the situation.

On that same subject of "teh tacky that got left on the cutting room floor," there was also a scene in IM2 that featured Iron Man and War Machine literally dueling over a lingerie-clad Olivia Munn in her bed.

Screenwriters have always been trying for sexual innuendo (or even outright sex, though implicit instead of explicit) in the Iron Man franchise.

Eh I've seen the movie twice. He's not saying whatever to pepper. Just the suit. Its not a commentary on pepper at all. People read too much into things

I never said or implied he was saying "whatever" to Pepper. I know he said it because he gave up on his crappy suit. I'm saying it because I really didn't care that much in the first place.

On that same subject of "teh tacky that got left on the cutting room floor," there was also a scene in IM2 that featured Iron Man and War Machine literally dueling over a lingerie-clad Olivia Munn in her bed.

Screenwriters have always been trying for sexual innuendo (or even outright sex, though implicit instead of explicit) in the Iron Man franchise.

Yea. Ok. So there was a tacky draft for IM 2 as well. Great. I get it. Thanks for that.

I never said or implied he was saying "whatever" to Pepper. I know he said it because he gave up on his crappy suit. I'm saying it because I really didn't care that much in the first place.

Yea. Ok. So there was a tacky draft for IM 2 as well. Great. I get it. Thanks for that.

You're welcome. A pleasure, sir. :yay:

lol what's with the attitude?

We're now supposed to fret and wring our hands over how awful these scenes would have been had they been included in the final cuts of the films. The filmmakers can't get off the hook simply because they recognized that they had some bad ideas and decided not to use them.

JAK®;25799169 said:
Well, what do you say to that? Is Transformers good because it made a lot of money and people liked it? If you're going to use that justification for Iron Man 3, I don't see why other films should be different.

That's how I feel about the movie too. I liked it (4th favorite MCU movie), yet it left this sort of empty feeling in me. IM3 was a good, but very weird feeling film; I hope the other films in Phase II aren't like that

We're now supposed to fret and wring our hands over how awful these scenes would have been had they been included in the final cuts of the films. The filmmakers can't get off the hook simply because they recognized that they had some bad ideas and decided not to use them.

No one has to do anything. Some ideas I didn't like didn't make it into the movie. I'm glad. They are still bad ideas. I'm also glad you seem to like IM3 a lot. Just relax and don't take my (or anyone else's) critique of it so personally. This place is reminding me of the batboards.

:cmad: WARNING: There will be no future stealing of other poster's lines in this thread, or else Very Bad Things Might Happen. (And I'm talking H.P. Lovecraft stuff. Tentacles coming out of fifty eyeballs, demons unleashed on Abercrombie & Fitch stores everywhere, real end of the world stuff.)

Every schtick is sacred. :o

do you guys think they cut some of the cool armours vs. extremis soldiers moments out because it would detract from tony as iron man?

like, if it were established that jarvis was creative and efficient in battle, then what's the point of having tony at all?

when i first saw the story boards i was like "damn, that should have been in the movie"

but the more i thought of it, i felt like it would make tony redundant if jarvis was that much of a boss lol.

I might be the only one that doesnt think the Mandarin is dead...i mean...he survived a far worse explosion before that shell hit him...so maybe this is wishful thinking but...maybe he comes back at some later point as the true Mandarin we know, builds 10 rings to allow him to use the full extent of his Extremis powers, etc etc.

wishful thinking...

:cmad: WARNING: There will be no future stealing of other poster's lines in this thread, or else Very Bad Things Might Happen. (And I'm talking H.P. Lovecraft stuff. Tentacles coming out of fifty eyeballs, demons unleashed on Abercrombie & Fitch stores everywhere, real end of the world stuff.)

Every schtick is sacred. :o

Ph'nglui Mglw' nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Iä! Iä! Cthulhu Fhtagn!

do you guys think they cut some of the cool armours vs. extremis soldiers moments out because it would detract from tony as iron man?

like, if it were established that jarvis was creative and efficient in battle, then what's the point of having tony at all?

when i first saw the story boards i was like "damn, that should have been in the movie"

but the more i thought of it, i felt like it would make tony redundant if jarvis was that much of a boss lol.

If they filmed those scenes, or cgi'd them or whatever (which I doubt the fully did if they didn't make the cut) I'd love to see them.. almost a waste of so many armors doing cool special things... and one was a big unibeam attack like I wanted!!!! :argh:

i agree about the unibeam; that's not exactly a creative attack in the same way the jet pack jettison and "stop hitting yourself" moments were.

the heartbreaker should have had more screen time imo.

Am I one of the few who thinks...[BLACKOUT]Aldrich Killian isn't really the Mandarin but wants to be? Sorta like Jim Carry's Riddler said he was Batman at the end of Batman Forever? because that's how I interpreted when I first saw IM3.[/BLACKOUT]

Am I one of the few who thinks...[BLACKOUT]Aldrich Killian isn't really the Mandarin but wants to be? Sorta like Jim Carry's Riddler said he was Batman at the end of Batman Forever? because that's how I interpreted when I first saw IM3.[/BLACKOUT]

I don't think so. He had the dragon tattoos, not to mention the fact that he orchestrated everything, including Trevor. He's definitely Mandarin.

On a side note, I love your avatar. Can't wait for the new album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"