Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - Part 15

So according to the newspaper Harley gave Tony, IM3 is set in December 2013.

Impossible. It takes place in December of 2012 seeing as how the flashback is on 12-31-99/01-01-00 and it's stated at a couple different points that the main portion of the film is 13 years later and since it takes place at Christmas time, then it must be Christmas of 2012.

However, the fact that it takes place when it does kind of scrambles up my MCU timeline I've been working on.

Last edited:
Impossible. It takes place in December of 2012 seeing as how the flashback is on 12-31-99/01-01-00 and it's stated at a couple different points that the main portion of the film is 13 years later and since it takes place at Christmas time, then it must be Christmas of 2012.

However, the fact that it takes place when it does kind of scrambles up my MCU timeline I've been working on.

Agreed.
And Tony's PTSD is more relevant/credible when he's only six or seven months removed from the events of The Avengers, as opposed to over a year and a half.

Agreed.
And Tony's PTSD is more relevant/credible when he's only six or seven months removed from the events of The Avengers, as opposed to over a year and a half.

Well, the newspaper said Monday, December 23, 2013.
The 23rd of December falls on a Monday this year too.

We don't even know what year The Avengers took place. Either Spring 2011, 2012, or 2013.
If 2013, k, a couple of months.
If 2012, gives more time for Tony to develop and punch out the 35 new suits, but it kinda hinders the PTSD.

I think it now goes like this:

Iron Man

Fury's Big Week
Iron Man 2
Thor
The Incredible Hulk

The Avengers
Iron Man 3

This is if you want the film to be set a couple months after The Avengers.

Last edited:
Well, the newspaper said Monday, December 23, 2013.
The 23rd of December falls on a Monday this year too.

We don't even know what year The Avengers took place. Either Spring 2011, 2012, or 2013.
If 2013, k, a couple of months.
If 2012, gives more time for Tony to develop and punch out the 35 new suits, but it kinda hinders the PTSD.

I think it now goes like this:

Iron Man

Fury's Big Week
Iron Man 2
Thor
The Incredible Hulk

The Avengers
Iron Man 3

This is if you want the film to be set a couple months after The Avengers.

Hm. Some good points raised. I'll have to think about this one. I've been trying to keep the timeline as consistant as possible in my head and Iron Man 3 complicated things a bit.

Agreed.

If PTSD went away after 7 months then we wouldn't have so many issues with long time suffering soldiers...

I wasn't a fan of how the PTSD stuff wasn't really brought to a conclusion. It provided a lot of motivation for Tony in the beginning and middle, then just sort of faded away.

I wasn't a fan of how the PTSD stuff wasn't really brought to a conclusion. It provided a lot of motivation for Tony in the beginning and middle, then just sort of faded away.

It ended as soon as Tony started being more pro-active and doing the MacGuyver stuff. Makes sorta sense to me. Till then he had been living either in a state of paranoia about what may happen or in reactionary mode to what was happening after the Mandarin stuff started. I guess the message of this film is a the best defense is a good offense, oh...and it helps with mental heath issues, too.:woot:

Agreed. The end battle sequence was all Jarvis and the level of power Tony had at the beginning of the movie.

No, I'm talking about the very brief sequence at the very end, of him getting the reactor taken out, where he narrates about "progress being dangerous" and "I am a changed man now". Granted, it's very subtle, and I could be wrong, but I was looking at the patch of white, unscarred skin on his chest where the reactor used to be in the shot where he throws the reactor into the Pacific and wondered at the level of reconstructive surgery in play here.

Seriously, why would he say that progress in heart surgery or acupuncture is dangerous? Answer: He's not talking about that. He's talking about having "fixed" Pepper and not stopping there. He upgraded Extremis, and then he took it himself. After all, he had just witnessed Pepper kicking Killian's ass with its help, and it makes sense that he'd want that for himself, just minus the glowing and exploding bits. Which he could fix, so he did.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
My question, and maybe it's been discussed already but I had unsubscribed from this thread when the spoilers started being discussed before it came to the States, is if Tony perfected/fixed/upgraded Extremis, did he actually realize Maya Hansen's (and Curt Connors') dream of enabling the human body to heal/regenerate itself? If so, what sort of implications would and should that have on the entire world from Iron Man 3 on? Did he revolutionize the entire medical field? Is Stark Industries now making bricks and beams and Extremis for baby hospitals? Sorry if this has been discussed, but it's kind of a burning question for me (no pun intended) and it would be a lot of work to read through the weeks of pages I missed. Thanks in advance for humoring me.

It ended as soon as Tony started being more pro-active and doing the MacGuyver stuff. Makes sorta sense to me. Till then he had been living either in a state of paranoia about what may happen or in reactionary mode to what was happening after the Mandarin stuff started. I guess the message of this film is a the best defense is a good offense, oh...and it helps with mental heath issues, too.:woot:
Yeah, I think the idea was that Tony was losing himself, his mental stability, and his identity to his suits. The mere thought that Mark 42 wasn't charging triggered his very last anxiety attack. The kid reminds him that he has always been and will always be "the Mechanic", with or without his suit, and that pretty much "cured" him from that point on. This sense of identity and purpose drives him the rest of the way through the film and enables him later to run the "Clean Slate" protocol and even get his high tech prosthesis removed. In the end, it's the man who makes the suit, not the other way around.

Yeah, I think the idea was that Tony was losing himself, his mental stability, and his identity to his suits. The mere thought that Mark 42 wasn't charging triggered his very last anxiety attack. The kid reminds him that he has always been and will always be "the Mechanic", with or without his suit, and that pretty much "cured" him from that point on. This sense of identity and purpose drives him the rest of the way through the film and enables him later to run the "Clean Slate" protocol and even get his high tech prosthesis removed. In the end, it's the man who makes the suit, not the other way around.

This is absolutely right.

My question, and maybe it's been discussed already but I had unsubscribed from this thread when the spoilers started being discussed before it came to the States, is if Tony perfected/fixed/upgraded Extremis, did he actually realize Maya Hansen's (and Curt Connors') dream of enabling the human body to heal/regenerate itself? If so, what sort of implications would and should that have on the entire world from Iron Man 3 on? Did he revolutionize the entire medical field? Is Stark Industries now making bricks and beams and Extremis for baby hospitals? Sorry if this has been discussed, but it's kind of a burning question for me (no pun intended) and it would be a lot of work to read through the weeks of pages I missed. Thanks in advance for humoring me.

There is still the danger of Extrimis being weaponized. which is why I think he will keep it to himself. Which si also why pepper rejected Killian's proposal

If PTSD went away after 7 months then we wouldn't have so many issues with long time suffering soldiers...

what I want to know, is if Tony's PTSD went away after 7 months (which doesn't usually happen), why is he still trying to get therapy?

Yeah, all the threads were tied up in ways that made no sense whatsoever.

You can already see it all getting to him in Avengers when he tells Steve, "We are NOT soldiers!"

It's gonna be interesting to see how they develop the Tony Stark character in Avengers 2, is one of the things I'm most looking forward to.

what I want to know, is if Tony's PTSD went away after 7 months (which doesn't usually happen), why is he still trying to get therapy?
Possibly to make sure it doesn't come back, kind of like maintenance.

Unused strip-tease title sequence. :dry:

[YT]jopTDrD1RNw[/YT]

Last edited:

[YT]jopTDrD1RNw[/YT]

:doh: what? Why would they do this??? Anywho saw the movie twice in 2 days. Loved it. I just felt like some scenes were rushed and I wished we saw a little bit more about extremis and its full capabilities. I can't wait to see the extremis armor... Just realized in the comics whenever tony summons the armor, it's had an ORANGE glow to it..... :oldrazz: just saying.

Tony ought to get therapy in the best of times. The best of times, these aren't. :)

[YT]jopTDrD1RNw[/YT]

Unused, and apparently unfinished. Extremely amateurish, and I'm positive it's a fanwank instead of anything from the studio. I'll give 'em credit for a good thematic concept, though; just way down in the negative numbers for execution.

That is surely some fan made thing. It's laughable guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"