Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how does everyone feel about the trailer description and the new logo?

Ironman3logo8132012.png

In motion:

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/iron-man-3/logo-teaser

Last edited:
Nice..didnt IGN have something about the trailer 1 to on there news feed to..getting excited for the Fall hopefully some more information on both IM3 and Thor 2

Not sure about IGN. I just read the description on AICN then stumbled across the logo on GeekTyrant.

He probably won't have all-powerful rings, if he even has rings at all. I'm starting to wonder if they're going the metaphor route with the rings, sort of playing off what they hinted at in IM 1.
I think the Comic Con footage confirmed that he at least wears 10 rings. As for their powers, yeah, we have no indication which way they'll go.

When can we expect a teaser trailer?
Um, maybe November? With Wreck-It-Ralph, Skyfall, and Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 coming out that month, you'd think they'd attach a full trailer to one of them. I just had the thought... is this movie going to be in 3D?

I love the sound of this trailer. Especially how the set up. Post Avengers fall out, Mandarin destroying Tony's home, his back being against the wall with no other heroes to save him. I'm intrigued by Tony walking through the snow carrying a bag. I'm guessing he might be outcast by Mandarin.

Logo looks pretty cool, definitely changed up a bit.

I guess the question is, like some people mentioned regarding Whiplash, how could a villain survive fighting a guy in armor if they aren't in armor themselves? They have to be supernatural or have their own mutant-like powers.

Or be the Mandarin who has alien rings. One ring could provide him with force shield.

I love the sound of this trailer. Especially how the set up. Post Avengers fall out, Mandarin destroying Tony's home, his back being against the wall with no other heroes to save him. I'm intrigued by Tony walking through the snow carrying a bag. I'm guessing he might be outcast by Mandarin.

From what i read it was a bunch of helicopters destroying Tony`s home. I presumme he is somehow outlawed causing him to flee. The destruction of the home though is worrying me now as it mentioned Pepper and Tony inside the home when it sinks underwater... i wouldnt be suprised if she is injured or goes into hiding also during the course of this film.

Or be the Mandarin who has alien rings. One ring could provide him with force shield.

This!

I can expect something like his

Most likely something along the idea of the rings are used to channel the energy his armour uses. Something along the lines of repulsors for his individual fingers... If you look at the powers the Mandarin has almost all of them other than the Black/white light have been included in the Marvel film universe already.

Robert Downey Jr. sustained an ankle injury on the set of Iron Man 3 in Wilmington, North Carolina while performing a stunt. There will be a short delay in the production schedule while he recuperates.
Here's wishing him a speedy recovery.

Always with these injuries on these tentpole releases. Well, wishing the man get well soon.

Ankle injury. The movie is doomed. I smell another Green Lantern.

Can't they film something else while he recuperates? I'm sure there are plenty of other scenes they can do that don't involve him. I don't see why production has to stop. Hopefully he recovers soon.

what about stuntmen doing stunt work? keep stuntmen employed. RDJ is in great shape, but these middle-aged star actor guys especially need to be careful.. you too, tom cruise..

From what i read it was a bunch of helicopters destroying Tony`s home. I presumme he is somehow outlawed causing him to flee. The destruction of the home though is worrying me now as it mentioned Pepper and Tony inside the home when it sinks underwater... i wouldnt be suprised if she is injured or goes into hiding also during the course of this film.

....Or dies.
Seriously. Shane Black LOVES to see the hero's wife/girlfriend get killed. In, like, *every* movie he's ever written and/or directed. I'd say Pepper's survivability chances in this movie are less than zero.

Plus, that frees Tony up to eventually become the playboy (again) he's supposed to be in future movies.

Meh pepper is to good of a character to kill off imo. Paltrow has been great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"