The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 3

Discussion in 'Iron Man 3' started by Thread Manager, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePowerCosmic

Something needs to happen to Jane so Sif can replace her as Thor's love interest.

2. cherokeesam

cherokeesam SHIELD Director Coulson

Other than Bethany Cabe, Whitney Frost, Black Widow, Rumiko Fujikawa, Maya Hansen, Sunset Bain, Janet Van Dyne, Veronica Benning, She-Hulk, Maria Hill, Kathy Dare, Indries Moomji, Heather Glenn, Marianne Rodgers, and pretty much any female of any species....?

Nah, there's no other women ready to fill that "void" in Tony's life. :huh:

3. A Necessary Evil

A Necessary Evil One. Bad. Day.

Okay, so I won't lie, I am not the biggest self-professed iron man comics kind of guy. I've read extremis, but what else does this movie seem to be influenced on?

4. Scarecrow_King

Scarecrow_King Perpetually Annoyed

Of all of those names, I've heard of 4 of them. And even the ones I have heard of...She-Hulk? you really think she's gonna be in an Iron Man movie? And when did Janet Van Dyne and Tony have a thing in the comics?

Pepper is the biggest and most meaningful relationship that Tony's had. Killing Pepper would be on par with killing Lois Lane. It shouldn't happen.

5. mclay18

mclay18 Well-Known Member

AFM musicians stage boycott of Iron Man 3 at EUE/Screen Gems:

http://comicbook.com/blog/2012/08/11/iron-man-3-picketed-by-musicians/

To a degree I can understand AFM being angry about this, but Marvel's been doing this ever since the first Iron Man came out, by farming out work for non-union musicians overseas to perform the musical scores. (The only exception was The Incredible Hulk, which used the Northwest Sinfonia -- but that was a buyout deal with no residuals coming off the backend.)

6. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

Blah blah blah. It's a load of ********.

They are filming the movie mostly stateside and giving jobs to Americans, to me that's good enough. I think any production should do what it has to save some money as long as its above board. There is no deal that says they can't produce the score overseas. Many movies record their film scores overseas but they still use American composers and conductors. I see nothing wrong with that.

Meanwhile here in California they are taxing us blind and they've run the state into bankruptcy. It's no wonder all the big productions are going OVERSEAS AND OUT OF STATE! The state legislature has driven businesses from the entertainment industry and elsewhere out of state. It's cost prohibitive to film here now and that's why something like Iron Man 3 is filming in SC because of the tax rebates and incentives. California has ruined the market here and it's been getting this way before the economy crash.

7. mclay18

mclay18 Well-Known Member

Yeah... plus, Marvel Studios has always been about the penny-pinching from the get-go. I can't blame them for being frugal, in an shrinking industry and economic slump.

And I think with Todd-AO being closed for film scoring three years ago, there's only so many films that can record at the other big L.A. venues like the Newman Scoring Stage and Streisand Scoring Stage (both can accommodate around 100 musicians). Some productions were bound to go to London or elsewhere because of the workload and overlapping schedules.

8. GRangerPrimeNYC

GRangerPrimeNYC AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

What is this?!

Looks like, Joss Whedon and............?!

9. Danalys

Danalys Sol Invictus

clark gregg

10. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I wouldn't want Kathy Dare showing up. Not only will she not fill a void, she'll put a big hole right through Tony's spine.

Bethany was pretty meaningful. She was the one who helped him through the bottle the first time round and had a deep relationship with Tony. Unfortunately her supposedly dead husband showed up and that put a damper on things.

I think movie Pepper combines some elements of Bethany Cabe.

Tony and Janet were in an issue of the Avengers while Hank was in prison. She didn't know he was Iron Man and started dating him in his Tony Stark persona. They got quite involved, but eventually he had to tell her who he really was, and that changed her perspective on things because he was a team mate and friend of Hank's, and she had always known him in a different capacity. They could have been quite suited to each other since both are rich socialities who like to flirt. It would've been a screwball comedy type relationship.

11. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Well-Known Member

These protestors should be in Sacremento as they are the ones who have chased businesses out of the state and put all of California near default.

We just had three cities all declare bankruptcy weeks ago. The largest US cities to ever declare bankruptcy.

No one wants to shoot here anymore they are taking all the productions out of state or overseas so they can get those tax incentives.

They were trying to run MMA out of here as well when ZUFFA brings tons of big shows with UFC and Strikeforce in California. UFC just did an event here that drew 16,000 people and they want to tax out MMA too.

12. Lunar_Wolf

Lunar_Wolf WTF face

And that's how The Avengers was born.

13. Danalys

Danalys Sol Invictus

reminds me of the godfather

14. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

Sudden I'm craving Chick-fil-A

15. ThePowerCosmic

Lmao, aren't they just delicious?

...By they I mean Chick-fil-A.

16. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lmao:

17. Crimson King

Crimson King Superhero Novelista

Don't let 4nb0d hear you say that!

18. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

I like both but one is played by Natalie Portman, giving her the edge :)

19. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

I'll just put her ass on my ignore list, there problem solved.

Yeah she's a big name but that's just about it, she doesn't really bring anything special to the role.

Gwenyth Paltrow's "Pepper Potts" >>>>>> Natalie Portman's annoying version of "Jane Foster"

20. Chewy

Chewy REDACTED

She brings all sorts of special stuff to the role :jedi

21. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

She's pretty but that's about it, meanwhile Jaimie Alexander and Hayley Altwell had the total "package". :hrt:

22. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I don't think Jaime Alexander has the total package. I find her quite boring, and Natalie Portman is prettier.

23. BigThor

BigThor God of Thunder

That's cool, but my opinion remains the same.

By total package I meant their "bodies", Natalie Portman is like a walking stick.

24. Mrs. Sawyer

Mrs. Sawyer Well-Known Member

It's not about looks to me, but I just don't care that much for Jane Foster. I feel as though she could be killed off, and I wouldn't care at all, though it's not like Sif it's too far off for me not caring either.

25. A Necessary Evil

A Necessary Evil One. Bad. Day.

They're both hot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.