The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Discussion in 'Iron Man 3' started by Thread Manager, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hawkingbird

Hawkingbird I want to be Kate Bishop

I suspect that too, the poster is a blatant hint to it.

2. Compi716

Compi716 The SHH! Jew

Check out the armor to IM's left shoulder. That sucker has pincers attached to its forearms!

3. spideyboy_1111

spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

... all those armors ARE already made toys...

i don't believe HALF those are going to be in the film.. some are just too ridiculously outlandish imo

4. kaijunexus

kaijunexus Marvel Cinematic Universe

Well, for those of you who don't believe these armors will appear if film...

Need I remind you of a rumor that's come from a few different sources that says Tony will use no less than FORTY different armors in the final battle, all working together? Why would they create 40 identical armors when they could use this as an opportunity to really explore Tony's growing armory?

5. Superhero 101

I really wish that would happen it would be a awesome climax for a film

6. Gold Samurai

Gold Samurai Well-Known Member

And sometimes toy's give away story elements like the audi ejecting parts of the iron man suit out the front

It looks like all the armors in the back are drones. The Mark 8 in front of all of them is like

"This is the leader. This is the head iron man"

Drones seems like a natural progression. Stark probably saw the benefits of them in Iron Man 2 and "The Avengers"

I'm anticipating drones helping the Avengers in part 2!

7. darkslayer101

darkslayer101 God of Hammers

i agree especially with chitauri invasion Tony better be prepared...

8. darkslayer101

darkslayer101 God of Hammers

i dont think oversaturation with IM armors is gud with Avengers2...

9. UnionJack

UnionJack In training at MI:13

What would be good is if we see Tony working on a new suit, and the screen shows a 3d render of the Hulkbuster and someone (probably the awful Pepper as she has nothing else to do but bug Tony) says:
    "What's this big guy for!?"
    "For the big Green guy ... you know just incase."

10. spideyboy_1111

I don't doubt that... I just don't think they will all look drastically different

11. UnionJack

UnionJack In training at MI:13

It will just be one suit re-produced alot, the CGI cost to make up 40 suits will be far too much. Getting one model and just duplicating the animations is much easier.

12. spideyboy_1111

indeed. though... i suspect it wont be one suit (just many of the ones we've already seen)

i don't see them including an array of different armors like Hulkbuster etc... without actually introducing them.

13. Hypestyle

Hypestyle Well-Known Member

wow, toy previews already. what about Mandarin? who else will be villains? there needs to be at least one armored foe.

14. Kirk Langstrom

Kirk Langstrom FRANCINE!!!!

Been there done that in the first two movies. I'm up for Mandarin solo, but if they HAVE to add on some muscle for him, then how about Living Laser, Blizzard, Grey Gargoyle, The Melter....ANYTHING but another armored foe.

15. Crimson King

Crimson King Superhero Novelista

We already know his muscle. It's Coldblood (and maybe Firepower).

16. Kirk Langstrom

Kirk Langstrom FRANCINE!!!!

Yup. a cyborg and an armored foe. :csad:

17. spideyboy_1111

i don't mind it.. it's like 99% of ironman's foes anyway... it's staying true to the character.

it'd be like saying "spider-man has too many animal themed foes" or "batman has too many mob bosses.."

18. LokiDionysos

LokiDionysos Eternal

Yeah, I can't see all 40+ armors being different.

IMO Mandarin will also be controlling a small army if it takes Tony 40 + suits working together to stop him.
    So many of them may have to be drones if Mandarin is controlling his own suits and drones during the armor war...
    A suit that looks like Titanium man may become Mandarin's property/part of his side in the armor war.

However, I think it's very likely we see some of the more popular suits leading the charge...

I think Stealth is almost a guarantee to appear in some way.
    Pepper will have Rescue, so that suit could still be there by that time and Tony/Javis could be controlling it in the end. Pepper may have given it to him because he had to blow up some of the old suits and she stays back after she's rescued, helping Jarvis aim...

We'd see a number of suits in the movie prior to this, so I think only a few of the 40+ will be recognizable. Others will be made up of spare parts...

Most of the leading suits will be the new ones that Tony didn't blow up; they're controlling the drone suits--which are simple assemblages of extra parts... Like the toys that combine different parts of armors. Tony & Jarvis have to quickly mix and match to help complete the army and enlist all the prototype suits that are still left...

Let's say Rhodey loses the Iron Patriot suit at some point and Mandarin uses Iron Patriot against them as Firepower--with Taggert piloting. Rhodey needs a new suit by the end in this scenario... The old Warmachine suits have been blown to bits...

So in my theory Tony gives Rhodey the prototype Hulkbuster for a truly epic final battle.

Tony has the 40+ armors, Hulkbuster-Rhodey, Pepper, and Jarvis on his side. Mandarin has Taggert and a number of toys/extremis soldiers on his side, plus his own AI... Coldblood has already been killed by Rhodey (without a suit) by the time of the final battle. After he steps down because of differences with the military/gov't & the Patriot is hijacked, Rhodey starts to suspect something is up. Much of the middle is like Rhodey in a mystery spy thriller uncovering what's up while Stark is gone somewhere. He gets to Coldblood just in time. During the finale, Rhodey (in the Hulkbuster) takes on Taggert in the Iron Patriot armor. Pilot vs Pilot. Happy has previously died giving them a chance, and Stark just about lost Jarvis & Pepper to the Mandarin. So the final battle becomes very tense and Tony is extremely punishing with the armors/drones/rebuilt armors he controls.

Hulkbuster's not hooked up to Jarvis's network yet and has to be aimed/piloted completely manually. Jarvis is busy fighting the enemy AI so there's no time to connect it to Jarvis when the battle starts.... The only one who can pilot it manually at this time is Rhodey.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  19. Sockin

Sockin Well-Known Member

20. babykhris

babykhris Well-Known Member

Guess we found out where War Machine was during The Avengers as Iron Man 3 prelude comic is now out.

21. Bren

Bren Forevernoob

It says that LokiDionysos' post was edited... Normally edits are shorter, how long WAS that post hahaha?!?!

22. Crimson King

Pretty short for LokiD, actually :)

23. Chris B

Chris B Well-Known Member

One thing that I'm really curious about is how they'll handle the one-on-one physical fight between Iron Man and the Mandarin. Assuming that the rings are what they are in the comics, and they don' put him in a suit of armor.

24. Crimson King

I'm guessing it'll be more of a Superman/Luthor showdown, with Mandarin employing some tech to fight off IM and IM dragging him to jail when it's over.

25. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

Mandarin better not be in a suit of armor...it would be a retread of the previous films IMO.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.