Iron Man 3 The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the mention of Shane Black buddy-cop movies. I wonder if War Machine will say "the line" :awesome:

54tg45g.png

What do they mean the film isn't serious?? It's light hearted? It's less serious than the previous two? I think they're covering for when it comes out and isn't as "dark" as TDKR or Skyfall...
This was bad news for me. The stupid slapstick ruined Iron Man 2. Why can't Iron Man be serious, huh?!

First one blended the seriousness and humor well, but why can't Marvel go all Empire Strikes Back?

I'm personally glad that the film will actually cover on how much of a impact the events of the Avengers had on Tony and not just brush it off as if it was just another big adventure for the character; it definitely adds another layer when watching that film again while getting ready to see this one.

I don't know. I wouldn't worry too much about the not so serious talk. The first trailer seemed kind of downbeat to me, and that's a good thing. It's about time we worry about Stark and Co. being in serious trouble, and by the looks of it, that's what we're getting.

This was bad news for me. The stupid slapstick ruined Iron Man 2. Why can't Iron Man be serious, huh?!

First one blended the seriousness and humor well, but why can't Marvel go all Empire Strikes Back?

What exactly are you speaking of here...?

You know that really annoying scene in Iron Man 2 when Rhodey slipped on that banana peel and Tony hits Pepper in the face with a long, bendy plank of wood.

I love how Feige says, ""It's not a serious movie, but we seriously dig into exploring more of Tony. The trick is just trying to make great movies. We try to make them all great, all different and all fresh. What you'll see in Iron Man 3 is some very unique directions that were taken;" and the next day, the whole geek blogosphere is erupting over "ZOMG IM3 IS A COMEDY WTFBBQ?!?!?"

:facepalm:

I love how Feige says, ""It's not a serious movie, but we seriously dig into exploring more of Tony. The trick is just trying to make great movies. We try to make them all great, all different and all fresh. What you'll see in Iron Man 3 is some very unique directions that were taken;" and the next day, the whole geek blogosphere is erupting over "ZOMG IM3 IS A COMEDY WTFBBQ?!?!?"

lol yeah.

Its not a hard concept to grasp that it will be a similar tone to the first two films. He's almost died multiple times in each film. He's also had romantic moments with Pepper in each film, father-son moments, and even a couple of bro moments with Rhodey. Between Yinsen and Coulson people should realize by now Tony has a sad side. But Stane and Vanko were pretty damn evil. The Mandarin may or may not take the cake as the MOST evil, but its not like we havent seen it before.

Then why release a trailer with a serious tone to it and have it be doom and gloom? You know a movie is in trouble when they release a trailer and start making execuses for it shortly after. I like ironman as much as the next guy but I always felt these movies needed a more darker touch, granted stark is the polar opposite of bruce wayne so we kinda get both ends but It would be interesting to see them take the movies seriously. Ironman 2 just went way off the beaten path and suffered from an identity crisis. If this movie really has the edge there showing with stark all by himself and trying to survive and take down the bad guys with minimal dumb humor then Im all over it. I just pray there is very little bickering between pepper and stark this time because It is so uncomfortable and not interetsting when they do that crap.

"You guys, watch this trailer! They finally made a grimdark Iron Man movie"

Devil Feige: trollface.gif

Then why release a trailer with a serious tone to it and have it be doom and gloom? You know a movie is in trouble when they release a trailer and start making execuses for it shortly after. I like ironman as much as the next guy but I always felt these movies needed a more darker touch, granted stark is the polar opposite of bruce wayne so we kinda get both ends but It would be interesting to see them take the movies seriously. Ironman 2 just went way off the beaten path and suffered from an identity crisis. If this movie really has the edge there showing with stark all by himself and trying to survive and take down the bad guys with minimal dumb humor then Im all over it. I just pray there is very little bickering between pepper and stark this time because It is so uncomfortable and not interetsting when they do that crap.

... because a trailer is suppose to spark interest... and it did just that

i think you're over-reacting just a smidge

Last edited:
... because a trailer is suppose to spark interest... and it did just that

i think you're over-reacting just a smidge

It definitely sparked interest but I fell for this trick once with ironman 2 with the old switch and bait of being a serious movie and in the end you saw the outcome. Not really ovverreacting just responding to fieges comments, I mean why come out and say that at all? I cant remember a studio at all coming out and stating the mood of a film after a trailer.

It definitely sparked interest but I fell for this trick once with ironman 2 with the old switch and bait of being a serious movie and in the end you saw the outcome. Not really ovverreacting just responding to fieges comments, I mean why come out and say that at all? I cant remember a studio at all coming out and stating the mood of a film after a trailer.

well i mean, Iron Man has now established itself as to what kinda tone the films are.. it's not going to stray much darker than IM1... it's not suddenly going to go "dark knight on us".

not a studio. a person. a person that happens to be the head of a studio, yes, but it is a studio that produces two movies a year and the person in question is personally heavily involved in the production of every single one of them. as he is personally heavily involved in the production of IM3 he sometimes gets asked in interviews about details of the movie. and this time he answered a question about the mood of the film. all he stated was that humor will be included, which was expected since Black and Downey both are people that like to joke around and the first two movies as well as Avengers introduced us to a funny Stark.
I don't get it, what's the problem?

I honestly don't know what people were expecting...

If this movie has the same buddy-cop tone as Lethal Weapon and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, that's exactly what I'm expecting from Shane Black and what I'm hoping for.

If this movie has the same buddy-cop tone as Lethal Weapon and Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, that's exactly what I'm expecting from Shane Black and what I'm hoping for.
Basically. I thought that was the biggest reason Black was perfect for this. Also didn't hurt that his sense of humor meshes well with Downey's.

I guess the people who were posting "The Stark Knight Rises" jokes actually thought that's what we were getting?

What exactly are you speaking of here...?
I don't know, how about that suitcase scene at the racetrack.

FRIGGING DRIVE THAT CAR OVER ME, HAPPY. :cmad:

Also, Tony's birthday party... C'mon.

our boy roger wardell has said fin fang foom sill work his way into ironman 3 in some capacity. Not too sure what to make of that. again, as sam says, it could be due to context clues. someone said the image was on the backround. ALSO, 2 years ago, (I can't believe no one remembers this)

Fin Fang Foom was supposed to be the villain for Ironman 3....hell, there was even concept art of him, I surely can't be the only one who knew this..

Also, Tony's birthday party... C'mon.

I will NEVER understand how the birthday party could be viewed as funny by anyone with some degree of empathy. It was a deeply disturbing scene, very appropiately done from Pepper and Rhodey point of view, featuring their dear friend drunk off his ass, publicly making a fool of himself, handling a dangerous weapon and refusing to come down. This was not in the film for laughs, the fact that some people thought otherwise is baffling to me :(.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"