The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Discussion in 'Iron Man 3' started by Thread Manager, Nov 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mkilban2

mkilban2 family1stclothingco.com

that is the scenario I love!, she's the Coulson of Phase 2 almost, you don't know who this guy is or what he's really doing but you know it's a bigger thing.

2. UnionJack

UnionJack In training at MI:13

Then be a sheep and follow someone who just posted utterly over long posts citing his "source" and then going far too deep in a round about way to try to make sense of what his deep inside source tell him.

Its just BS from someone who just wants a little attention or stir up some fan hype.

3. spideyboy_1111

spideyboy_1111 Young Avenger

well... the Alien who killed her father aspect isn't going to happen... so they're going to have to come up with a reason for pym and janet to use the particles.. so the origin is going to be different... regardless. So just saying... you better get use to that notion

4. spideyboy_1111

people said the same thing about me during spidey 3... but i was right. ...

and several people ate there words..

I'm skeptical. But i'm not ignorant enough to say he just wants attention.. because guess what...? that's not always the case.

he deserves the benefit of the doubt regardless..

5. mkilban2

majority of people just enjoy being cynical and negative, if they can't be right NO ONE CAN! haha idk I like to keep an open mind and believe people. Maybe that's my bad though.

6. UnionJack

UnionJack In training at MI:13

IF what he puts is right then Marvel are just screwing themselves up in an angle Fox would do. I'm not ignorant just not falling for fake source claims, anyone could post long text and claim its from a source, PM messages or not.

7. spideyboy_1111

it's certainly not a flaw to do so, nor is anyone stupid for doing so. You're only stupid if you're investing all your "eggs in a basket"... and I don't think anyone really is running around here going OMG JAN IS HAPPENING!!!!!!

8. spideyboy_1111

i don't really see how changing "Aliens" to "Aim" essentially is a bad thing personally..

i think that's actually a major improvement..

it's not like making Dr. Doom a CEO or Juggernaut not related to Xavier...

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  9. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

I shouldn't be getting so hyped up over the idea of Janet in IM3 as it may not even happen, but I can't help it.

10. mkilban2

Yeah I know, I don't blame most of you forum vets for being skeptical. I think I'm just at fault cause I like to take people on their word, and I also would like to see the things he's saying play out on film. I'm sure you guys have seen 100's of bull****ters compared to like 10 real guys lol

11. spideyboy_1111

well trust me. i've seen it all.. from "Brooke Adams" claiming for two films she was going to be black cat.. to that other kid who was suppose to be in X3 or what not...

ive learned to not be naive but also aware sometimes people are indeed right. It's all speculation and fun and not the end of the world if you're wrong.

the worst is when someone is right about something that completely ruins something in your eyes (like when my friend at sony let loose Harry would be "new goblin" and fly on a snowboard wearing a paintball mask....

12. mkilban2

just brutal man haha. Although I did enjoy all the Spidey films, they easily could have been much better done. Here's hoping the ASM franchise can be a bit better. (I liked the first one, but didn't really care for Lizard.)

13. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

that's not my case, his long posts are not really relevantt to me.

He explained his situation in open posts. his sources told him characters and minor minor details. He takes that information, and builds up long deep speculation. The majority of his long ass posts are NOT what he "claims" his source told him. It's a..different approach. But I am keeping an open mind to anytihng. And as I said, worst case scenario, is that he was trolling us, and he made the speculation/anticipation phase MUCH more enjoyable for me. So either way, it doesn't matter what happens, cause for me personally, it's a win win.

14. GRangerPrimeNYC

GRangerPrimeNYC AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

I hate this thread now -___-

All these damn college essays and Janet/ Wasp talk, gaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!

15. mkilban2

haha well we haven't gotten any real news in awhile :(

16. Adamantium

Adamantium Your King

I asked in my last post if anyone would be ticked off if the Jan in IM3 would turn out true.

I'm just asking for clarification what you said above. Would you think Phase 2 was doomed or headed down the wrong track soley from that?

17. Adamantium

Adamantium Your King

Also, if ANT-MAN is considered Phase 2 and it's set in the past, then alluding things in some ways through out Phase 2 movies or just one simple indirect scene would only be contributing to help provide fuel for the movie ANT-MAN which a lot of people think sounds dumb...not me; but the GA who don't know 80% of what we all here may know.

18. spideyboy_1111

tis what happens

19. marvel_freshman

marvel_freshman Well-Known Member

20. Nathan

Nathan ...

Exclusive. Boo!

21. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

Is that for the MMO? Can't say I'm particularly bothered about it. From what I've seen it doesn't look that impressive. Just a Legends/Ultimate Alliance game with so-so graphics and everyone can now play as Wolverine in one team (yay :o).

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  22. Nathan

Nathan ...

I'm actually more pissed off at the exclusive Symbiote Spider-Man, that apparently comes with unique voice overs, moves and what else. But I'm not paying $200 to get that. $20 for a character pack? Maybe. But $200? Get outta here Marvel!

23. Ash Talon

Ash Talon Well-Known Member

I'm not too keen on Jan being a spy and working for AIM. I like the idea that she's a philanthropist from a super rich family. She's like Paris Hilton but with class. She doesn't come into her own until she becomes a superhero. In relation to the rest of the MCU, it would be a fresh aspect to a superhero, instead of having everyone tied into SHIELD. In fact, it would be refreshing to have an outsider introduced to SHIELD and superhero-ing and actually be floored by the whole thing. I supposed she could be a celebrity by day while actually being a SHIELD agent. I just think they'd risk losing a special spark for her to be an outsider, if they make her a spy or yet another scientist.

Regarding Loki's theories...I think they're way too complicated to actually be part of the MCU. So far, all of the MCU movies have had relatively thin plots. They're fun movies but obviously focus on character vs plot. Having a multi-film storyline throughout all the Phase 2 films which involves numerous villains and time travel/multiple dimensions is just too much and doesn't really seem to jive with how they stumbled through Phase 1.

I'm not trying to insult Phase 1 btw. I like all the films. There just isn't much of a throughline between the films. Other than the presence of SHIELD, and it's pretty much shoved into the films. There's certainly room for improvement in Phase 2 and its build-up to Avengers 2. Especially since they've hired Josh Whedon to essentially do so. I just don't see there being such a complicated plot for Avengers 2.

24. spideyboy_1111

I don't think anyone is saying Jan would be a spy (like black widow) or shed be hired by AIM to do so....

25. mkilban2

I'm actually really hoping for that Marvel Heroes MMO game to be really cool, I hope it's on Mac too cause I don't own a PC. I was under the impression that all the characters and their costumes were already unlocked for free though so that's a bummer if I'm going to have to pay for that stuff :(

does anyone play the Marvel: War of Heroes game on their phone or tablet? It's like a card type game but I have fun collecting various heroes haha, and my teams getting pretty strong :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.